Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a moderated group.

Friends of Bill W.

Group Created by johnycakes

If you belong here, you don't have to ask.

View All Members Showing 10 of 33 Member(s)
Showing 1 of 1 Picture(s)
Chip
From McGowdog
Showing Social Group Messages 31 to 40 of 116
  1. cricket_factor
    04-02-2009 01:44 PM - permalink
    cricket_factor
    That's pretty cool. I'll have to look and see if we are having any spiritual retreats nearby where I live in the future. I know the first year I got sober there was a women's retreat somewhere, but I haven't heard of any lately. I'll have to do a little research.
  2. McGowdog
    04-02-2009 11:14 AM - permalink
    McGowdog
    Oh, and we eat 3 squares at this thing. Not just because we're hungry, but for the social aspects of it. Before we break bread, someone goes up to the stage and blesses the food and the servers who serve us this wonderful food. It's a really cool deal.
  3. McGowdog
    03-30-2009 03:31 PM - permalink
    McGowdog
    Just got back from a spiritual retreat.

Theme: Having had a spiritual awakening...
    Purpose: Each member of AA is but a small part of a great whole...
    Intent: Each individual is encouraged to bring their own personal intent

Friday meeting: 1st Step; What makes me think I am an alcoholic? After opening topic, 5 minutes meditation, each person shares for 1.5 minutes (62 people), 10 minutes meditation, close with LP

Friday Evening review.

Then Saturday a complete schedule , Sunday morning till noon, then done.

As the meetings go on, the meditations get longer! For example, Saturday nights meeting ended with 40 minutes meditation.

I do this once a year. Awesome experience. There was over 700 years of sobriety at this thing.
  4. cricket_factor
    03-19-2009 08:01 PM - permalink
    cricket_factor
    Well, I call my sponsor occasionally and live in 10, 11, 12. I haven't found anyone to sponsor. I offered just a month ago, but the offer wasn't taken.

In fact, I'm off to my Thursday meeting homegroup right now.
  5. McGowdog
    03-18-2009 05:50 PM - permalink
    McGowdog
    So what do you do now? Live in 10, 11, 12 for a while and do them again or just live in 10, 11, and 12?

And what does your sponsor do with you now? Tell you to go sponsor someone else yourself, or do you still call him/her regularly? We don't have sponsors in our group. The group is sort of a sponsor, I guess.
  6. cricket_factor
    03-14-2009 02:18 PM - permalink
    cricket_factor
    Well, McGowdog, I'm glad those people AREN'T at my meetings! (Since they know so much, right?)

Well, today, I finished my 12 steps. Took me almost three years and a month, but I did 'em. I thanked my sponsor profusely for putting up with me.
  7. McGowdog
    03-01-2009 08:29 PM - permalink
    McGowdog
    Wait a minute... maybe you're saying that those claims are BS. Sorry if I misunderstood you. My bad.

I'm getting punchy lately with all this Bash AA going on in here.

I'm getting sort of sick of some of the goings on in the forums now too.

Like the hijacking and idle chit chat... IN THE GREAT DEBATE FORUM no less!
  8. NorthPoleMarathoner
    02-28-2009 10:17 PM - permalink
    NorthPoleMarathoner
    I see I am going to have to stop reading posts about AA in the forums. LOLs.

I can't believe some of the stuff people say.

AA is brainwashing people, we have a 5% success rate, we impede other groups from helping drunks.

I'm starting to wonder how much they are drinking to come up with some of this stuff. LOLs.
  9. McGowdog
    02-24-2009 04:26 PM - permalink
    McGowdog
    "On awakening, we look at the 24 hours ahead... We consider our plans for the day..."
  10. cricket_factor
    02-20-2009 12:13 PM - permalink
    cricket_factor
    Me and the sponsor are going to get together in the next two weeks and read them and go over them together.