Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2023, 06:15 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,871,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Pick your poison.
I have a large tree, some 20 ft from the longest limb even close to the power lines. They decided to cut the limbs back so close to the trunk it looks like a bunch of monkeys did the work. While at the same time, there are a small bunch of trees even closer to the power lines they didnt touch. To make it worse, t hey decided to use my yard and driveway as a meeting point. Rutted my yard and damaged my asphalt. LEC is having to fork out around 30-40 grand to fix it all come spring. Im the last house on this line, so there was no need for any of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2023, 10:51 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times
Years ago I lived in an apartment complex off Roper Mountain Rd. It was split between Duke and LEC. The dividing line ran right through the property I guess. My building was LEC and seemed like we always had power during a storm when the buildings on the Duke side would go out.

Old 12-04-2023, 09:32 AM

7,258 posts, read 4,625,981 times
FYI - Spartanburg Co is giving out free weather alert radios today(4Dec) 10a-2p only, 1 per household, while supplies last (100 total available). 175 Community College Dr, Spartanburg, SC. I believe this is the SCDOT maintenance office, next door to the DMV. Come into the lobby by the flag pole. I don’t use one as I typically just use my cell for weather info/alerts but others and some businesses do. Spartanburg Co Emergency Management posted their availability on NextDoor.

Old 12-04-2023, 11:53 AM

7,258 posts, read 4,625,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoma View Post
FYI - Spartanburg Co is giving out free weather alert radios today(4Dec) 10a-2p only, 1 per household, while supplies last (100 total available). 175 Community College Dr, Spartanburg, SC. I believe this is the SCDOT maintenance office, next door to the DMV. Come into the lobby by the flag pole. I don’t use one as I typically just use my cell for weather info/alerts but others and some businesses do. Spartanburg Co Emergency Management posted their availability on NextDoor.
On Nextdoor they said they will be there til 5pm now.

Old 12-05-2023, 02:32 PM

17,568 posts, read 15,232,801 times
I'd just like to point out that Chris Justus projecting higher than average snowfall just before the weekend where he and every other weatherman in the area completely screwed all the Christmas parades over says something.

They said "Oh, it's going to rain all day Saturday".. It was beautiful Saturday. Rained that night, maybe a bit in the early morning.. But was perfect throughout the day.

Old 12-05-2023, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I'd just like to point out that Chris Justus projecting higher than average snowfall just before the weekend where he and every other weatherman in the area completely screwed all the Christmas parades over says something.

They said "Oh, it's going to rain all day Saturday".. It was beautiful Saturday. Rained that night, maybe a bit in the early morning.. But was perfect throughout the day.
That ditsy little blonde on 21 in the morning made a comment about she didnt understand why people would stand in the rain for a parade. Ive all but stopped watching them. I have been having 7 on but not paying much attention until Malachi comes on. He did say the chances were slim, IIRC for daytime Saturday at one point, but the next day he changed it up to go with the story line. Just cant get a good, local forecast without drama.

Old 12-07-2023, 06:46 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,807,609 times
Can't stand TV weather people, they are so inaccurate that it must be on purpose.

Has anyone found a YouTube weather person they like to follow that has a better batting average?

Old 12-07-2023, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Can't stand TV weather people, they are so inaccurate that it must be on purpose.

Has anyone found a YouTube weather person they like to follow that has a better batting average?
Not really better, but I have been watching Ryan Hall, Yall some. He does a decent job of predicting out further in time.

Old 12-07-2023, 02:09 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,757,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

Our weather folks do a great job, especially Chris Justice. He is the best in the business.

Old 12-07-2023, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
Our weather folks do a great job, especially Chris Justice. He is the best in the business.
Sarcasm?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area