Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 06:03 PM
R66

145 posts, read 420,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rap53 View Post
I hear that word everday, sometimes dozens of times in a day, ALWAYS from blacks.
How strange how blacks say the "N* word all day long but once a white person says it all hell breaks loose, poor white guy gets fired and all his friends shun him. Then FOX or CNN get's it on video and poor white guy is screwed for life ..... all the while every Ghetto in the US the *N* word is spoken every day all the time. Not to mention 80% of all Rap songs have the *N* word and other graphic language about prostitutes, guns, murders and about how white people are scum of the Earth. Why is it blacks in other countries [ Brazil-Colombia-Costa Rica-Panama-Spain-Portugal ] never complain or blame anyone for their problems?

In the USA every one has the same opportunity - green, yellow, black, white.

Last edited by R66; 04-08-2010 at 06:18 PM..

Old 04-08-2010, 08:54 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,068,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R66 View Post
Why is it blacks in other countries [ Brazil-Colombia-Costa Rica-Panama-Spain-Portugal ] never complain or blame anyone for their problems?

In the USA every one has the same opportunity - green, yellow, black, white.
Really? Now you're an expert on racial relationships in Latin America? By the way they do complain, and thanks to that they are getting more respect and opportunities.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:50 AM

3 posts, read 22,184 times
I moved here from Kansas 1 year ago and I have seen more rasicm in central Florida than I have ever seen in Kansas and I lived there for 30 years.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:57 AM

3,043 posts, read 7,718,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyehope View Post
I moved here from Kansas 1 year ago and I have seen more rasicm in central Florida than I have ever seen in Kansas and I lived there for 30 years.
South Florida is pretty much day and night compared to central Florida when it comes to this topic.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:23 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,395,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyehope View Post
central Florida is pretty different from South Florida according to my observation.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:33 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,577,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davyn_041 View Post
I'm about to move elsewhere within the next to years for college and my fiance' is coming with me. I'm white, he's black, and I'm sick of dealing with racism. I also don't want to live around close-minded rednecks because I have all my life. I don't want to be discriminated for being in an interracial relationship and I want my children to be happy. I'm from central Illinois, a town with less than 1,000 people. There isn't violence, but only 3 black people live in my area and no other races besides white.

I do understand that "wherever you go, there will be some racism," but I'd like to be around more interracial couples, in a more diverse area, and I want to move somewhere warm. I've always loved Florida, but yet I haven't stayed there for more than a few weeks.

What are your opinions on Ft. Lauderdale? I've heard some bad things about the deep south but that Florida is different, etc. Do you know of any places in Florida where there aren't acts of violence against blacks/interracials/etc. and where there isn't a lot of segregation? Feedback? Thanks!
I was going to ask if this a joke question! Ft. Lauderdale? You have nothing to worry about and people won't even bat an eye seeing a interracial couple together since it's not out the norm in south Florida. I would be more concerned if you were moving to Alabama!

As to a certain poster from "Arlando" you should see his rants about Puerto Ricans and their "Reggaeton" music messing up his neighborhood in Orlando!
Can you say hypocrit?

Old 04-11-2010, 02:57 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,422,670 times
Central Florida has some racist tendencies? ive only been around the windermere area and disney areas so i dont really know. Im curious since im looking at Orlando real estate properties

Old 04-11-2010, 04:53 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,718,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace587 View Post
Central Florida has some racist tendencies? ive only been around the windermere area and disney areas so i dont really know. Im curious since im looking at Orlando real estate properties
The best place to ask this is probably on the Orlando board. They would be more helpful overall in determining if this is a true impression or just a biased reputation.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:22 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,232,457 times
I think it's way too much to assume Orlando would be more racist than some small town in Ohio. There is quite a bit more carribean migration - particularly a lot of Puerto Ricans and Dominicans and such - who are basically black, white and a mix of every color imbetween.

So, for the OP coming from OHIO...or was it rural ILLINOIS or whever it is from...if he/she goes down to either Orlando or Southern Florida...it will be significantly different - in a more positive way.

I know posters in Florida complain about everything you can imagine. But when you visit these areas of FL (Orlando/So FLorida), you just see a much broader larger spectrum of skin colors, as opposed to IL/OH where it is pretty much black or white with very little imbetween whatsoever.

Where the OP might have a problem though is assuming white people in Fort Lauderdale are both racist and redneck...that's basically a racist statement, and if has beliefs/thoughts like that to begin with...might account for the reason that he/she is having problems in IL/OH or wherever he/she is from.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:38 AM

248 posts, read 616,987 times
What about the local chapter of the KKK in Davie?
They were big 30 years ago, and I read they were flying leaflets at gas stations summoning for a "cross burning act".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area