Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 09:17 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,841,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davyn_041 View Post
I'm about to move elsewhere within the next to years for college and my fiance' is coming with me. I'm white, he's black, and I'm sick of dealing with racism. I also don't want to live around close-minded rednecks because I have all my life. I don't want to be discriminated for being in an interracial relationship and I want my children to be happy. I'm from central Illinois, a town with less than 1,000 people. There isn't violence, but only 3 black people live in my area and no other races besides white.

I do understand that "wherever you go, there will be some racism," but I'd like to be around more interracial couples, in a more diverse area, and I want to move somewhere warm. I've always loved Florida, but yet I haven't stayed there for more than a few weeks.

What are your opinions on Ft. Lauderdale? I've heard some bad things about the deep south but that Florida is different, etc. Do you know of any places in Florida where there aren't acts of violence against blacks/interracials/etc. and where there isn't a lot of segregation? Feedback? Thanks!
Watch that "red neck" stuff....people get red necks by working their posteriors off in fields...

Old 06-29-2010, 09:18 AM

49 posts, read 133,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauve View Post
It's interesting you say that. My son actually told me that one of his "friends" intimated that his family was part of the mob.
I'm glad your son has decided that he needs new friends. That bunch sounds like trouble in more ways than one.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area