Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 11:25 AM

124 posts, read 698,629 times

Advertisements

i have heard a lot of bad things about miami gardens

i have heard it been called poverty stricken, crime ridden, brutal, dangerous, warzone???

people who have knowledge of this city, let me know please!

what kind of things go on here? babys being killed in drivebys? wild west type shoot-outs?? seriously what is wrong with this city?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 01:27 PM

448 posts, read 1,856,012 times
It is bad, but not THAT bad. I know the area is one of the worst ones in the county. Crime is high, and I wouldn't move to that city even if it was for free.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:15 PM

or i see, its not as bad as overtown but worse than anywhere in broward??

Old 08-29-2007, 03:59 PM

448 posts, read 1,856,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauderdale81ave View Post
or i see, its not as bad as overtown but worse than anywhere in broward??
Pretty much. Not as bad as overtown, Liberty City, but defenetely worse than all of Broward.

Old 08-29-2007, 04:26 PM

damn, and broward has some ****ed up areas too!

Old 08-30-2007, 01:23 PM

385 posts, read 1,891,730 times
wow you guys are REALLY over exaggerating on this one. miami gardens is easily one of the nicest areas in dade county. i've never even heard of someone being shot there in my life and i've lived in dade for nearly 8 years. you may be confusing miami gardens with carol city though, which is almost on top of miami gardens at certain points. things can get a little messy there but still, it is nowhere near the description of any of these posts.

i am seriously beginning to wonder if people just slander miami and miami-dade county to feel cool because they live in a dangerous area.

Old 08-30-2007, 02:17 PM

272 posts, read 1,531,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackklight View Post
wow you guys are REALLY over exaggerating on this one. miami gardens is easily one of the nicest areas in dade county. i've never even heard of someone being shot there in my life and i've lived in dade for nearly 8 years...
That's funny, there was carjacking in Miami Gardens/Hialeah today with someone being shot. The police chased him to an apartment complex where SWAT has the building surrounded and the surrounding roads blocked off. It's all over CNN right this minute. The cops must be slandering the area just to feel cool.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:08 PM

funny i LIVE in hialeah and have not heard a word of any of this

Old 08-30-2007, 07:18 PM

326 posts, read 470,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackklight View Post
wow you guys are REALLY over exaggerating on this one. miami gardens is easily one of the nicest areas in dade county.
certainly quite a big surprise, considering it's close proximity to opa locka and little haiti! (i wonder what you think of those places, and especially liberty city?) by the way, I thought that homestead or kendall was one of the nicest areas in dade county.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:28 PM

opa-locka isn't the terrible war zone you think of it as either, nor little haiti. liberty city has some problems but it's not like you'll get gunned down for walking on the street. ( my friend lives literally a block away ).

of course, however, if you're white and have never been in areas like those which you have listed you will look like an oddball and if you have money (chances are you do) you can get robbed.

fact of the matter is simple - miami gardens is really nice. Moderator cut: insults are not nessesary

Last edited by mbmouse; 09-05-2007 at 08:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area