Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 10:28 PM

5 posts, read 21,851 times

Advertisements

OK, Thank you for being honest about it! You all have given me a really good idea about the area. Thanks for your honesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 12:39 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,789,992 times
This is too funny!!! First of all to the poster who mentioned Hialeah & Miami Gardens in the same sentence, ummmm - you obviously don't live around here! They're not near each other!!! Miami SPRINGS is near Hialeah.
As for Miami Gardens - yes there are black people. Yes, there are A LOT of black people. Get over it!!!!!!!!!
I've driven through there a ZILLION times!
If you're a sheltered white bread type of person, yes you'll be scared. If you're a jo shmo city smart "normal" person you will laugh at these posts as I am.
Would I walk around there by myself at night? I dunno. I'd have to know the area intimately. On first glance I might not wanna walk around MY area alone at night! But I know it intimately. So I'd be cautious - as in any city! But I know the area.
Please people!
Go back to freakin Mayberry wouldja?
Leave Miami to us ghetto faaab folk!

Old 09-24-2007, 06:01 AM

355 posts, read 1,583,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
This is too funny!!! First of all to the poster who mentioned Hialeah & Miami Gardens in the same sentence, ummmm - you obviously don't live around here! They're not near each other!!! Miami SPRINGS is near Hialeah.
Well, I most certainly live around here. I was born in Miami and raised in Hialeah......it was my understanding that Miami Gardens includes the area of NW 103 st and NW 32 Ave, which is very close to Hialeah but over the railroad tracks...thank you.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:08 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,275,214 times
Quote:
As for Miami Gardens - yes there are black people. Yes, there are A LOT of black people. Get over it!!!!!!!!!
If you're a sheltered white bread type of person, yes you'll be scared. If you're a jo shmo city smart "normal" person you will laugh at these posts as I am.
Would I walk around there by myself at night? I dunno. I'd have to know the area intimately. On first glance I might not wanna walk around MY area alone at night! But I know it intimately. So I'd be cautious - as in any city! But I know the area.
Please people!
So what you are saying is that you dont have a sense of an area being bad if there is babies getting killed in drive-by's?.....i guess no one should be scared when they hear that there has been the most teens killed in the county in that area due to gun violence right?.....LOL......you are not realistic....unless you like strapping a gun to your waist while you walk into Publix, Church, and anywhere in the ghetto ......meaning you probably have a gun with you at all times and dont really see the problems because you can just pull your pistol out if there are any so why fear right?

Old 09-24-2007, 07:48 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,402,845 times
Miami Gardens.

Boundaries (http://www.miamigardens-fl.gov/Council/Boundaries.aspx - broken link)

The southern is NW 151 St. which is just north of Opa Locka. NW 103 St. is south of Opa Locka and is basically called the Northside area.

The Northside area, Opa Locka, and Miami Gardens is full of crack, guns and prostitutes, even though in Miami Gardens, it's more spread out instead of on every corner.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:39 AM

1 posts, read 4,269 times
Default 305

Dade County Not For You

Old 09-24-2007, 01:24 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,251,143 times
Quote:
Please people!
There are many blacks who would not live in Miami Gardens...

And you still never told me what you meant by NA or whatever you said! What did you mean by that?

Old 09-24-2007, 01:46 PM

385 posts, read 1,891,730 times
dade will forever be the rowdiest

i found it interesting, pbcboy, that while west palm beach is the 7th most dangerous, (one city in the county) the ENTIRE county of miami-dade is 14th. good ****.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:06 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,251,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackklight View Post
dade will forever be the rowdiest

i found it interesting, pbcboy, that while west palm beach is the 7th most dangerous, (one city in the county) the ENTIRE county of miami-dade is 14th. good ****.
Are you sure it's not just the city of Miami? I live in the city of West Palm Beach, the crime started really getting bad here around 2004, at least in my section.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:16 PM

3 posts, read 12,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauderdale81ave View Post
i have heard a lot of bad things about miami gardens

i have heard it been called poverty stricken, crime ridden, brutal, dangerous, warzone???

people who have knowledge of this city, let me know please!

what kind of things go on here? babys being killed in drivebys? wild west type shoot-outs?? seriously what is wrong with this city?????
Depending on where your at in miami gardens its nice. For example miami gardens dwn 207 st and 441 thru the guard gates near the mazda dealership, theirs estates called coconut cay townhouses. they are really nice also just down the road are some nice houses and apartments too. the kids cam basically leave their bikes out side
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area