Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 09:29 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,327,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
It is a proven fact that the majority of illegals are of hispanic descent.
It is a proven fact that the majority of crimes committing on American such as rape, robbery, murder etc are done by illegal hispanics
It is a proven fact that schools, towns, hospitals etc are going bankrupt because of the hispanic illegal population in America.

If you do not have nothing to hide and do follow the law of carrying your driver license with you then you wont have any issues.

It is required in most states that you carry your license and ID with you, if you do not then you are breaking the law.

Just so you will understand we need to do something about the illegal population who are destroying our country and of course the state of Florida.

I am not turning a blind eye at all, I know who commits the most crimes and who is stealing from the American people.

Florida is getting destroyed by the illegal population and Florida like Arizona needs to take steps to find and deport every single illegal.

70% of all Americans support this.

If you have nothing to hide and follow the law of carrying your DL or ID with you then you wont have any problems at all.
Give me sources for all the above.

You won't be able to because it's only real in your delusional little world.

It disgusts me that anyone would even think about supporting this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 05:56 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Give me sources for all the above.

You won't be able to because it's only real in your delusional little world.

It disgusts me that anyone would even think about supporting this.

It disgust me that anyone would want illegals roaming our country and committing so many crimes.

Afterall it is a crime to be here illegally.

Sources are all over google for you to find.

Even our prisons are full of illegals that me and you pay for.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:04 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,307,416 times
Regarding a few of the previous posts questioning the idea that you have to carry an ID:

Some states have laws that require you to provide ID when asked. Florida is one of those states. From what I understand, if a policeman asks to see your ID, which, I think, they can do whenever they feel, you must provide it to them, but nothing else. You don't have to tell them what you're doing, where you're going, et cetera.

They call these laws "stop and identify" statutes.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:47 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Is it true that federal law already requires foreign visitors and non-citizens to carry ID at all times while in the US?

Is it also true that the law does not make "being illegal" a primary offense ... meaning you can't get stopped just to be asked for your papers?

I think a lot of opposition to the law is much ado about nothing if so.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:50 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,803,481 times
Quote:
It disgust me that anyone would want illegals roaming our country and committing so many crimes.

Because illegals are the only ones committing crimes - or is it okay to commit crimes and violate others rights as long as you were born here? Anyway - give the Arizona law a bit of time - then determine how succesful it has been. Wait for it - - - -

Old 04-30-2010, 08:01 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,327,662 times
Quote:

Where did I EVER say I wanted illegals to be here, or ANYONE to be committing crime? I NEVER did, so don't you dare put words like that in my mouth.

If they're all over Google, why can't you find them and show me? If you don't even know where these "facts" and "statistics" are at, that only says to me you don't know what you're talking about because you never even saw them yourself.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:25 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,849,024 times
Quote:
It is required in most states that you carry your license and ID with you, if you do not then you are breaking the law.
Totally untrue, and the Supreme Court has struck down multiple state laws that have tried to say that.They can ask you to identify yourself, but you are in no way required to show any sort of documentation to back up what you tell them.

Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
In Brown v. Texas, 443 U.S. 47 (1979), the Court struck down Texas’s stop-and-identify law as violating the Fourth Amendment because it allowed police officers to stop individuals without “specific, objective facts establishing reasonable suspicion to believe the suspect was involved in criminal activity.” And in Kolender v. Lawson, 461 U.S. 352 (1983), the Court struck down a California stop-and-identify law that required a suspect to provide “credible and reliable identification” upon request.[4] The words “credible and reliable” were vague because they "provided no standard for determining what a suspect must do to comply with [the law], resulting in virtually unrestrained power to arrest and charge persons with a violation."
See, documentation of facts is only hard when that documentation doesn't exist.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:33 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,752,136 times
Quote:

You are correct. The term "illegal alien"is all you need, not new laws. That is enough to arrest them, that is not the problem.
If you want to get mad at someone get mad at those who don't enforce the current laws. You are now asking local police to now enforce what are federal laws, this is not how our legal system works. Just wait till the people of Arizona get the bill for doing the job of the federal government and they will be twice as mad.

It will cost then millions of dolars they need for schools and other public services at a time when things are bad already. This is a stupid law no matter how you look at it and police chiefs are already saying they are not enforce it, they can't afford to be doing it without a ton of new funding. What may seem good on paper is not always good in practice.
You are angry but you need to direct it in a more constructive direction. You also need to make an honest evaluation of the source of your anger.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:33 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,752,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Is it true that federal law already requires foreign visitors and non-citizens to carry ID at all times while in the US?

Is it also true that the law does not make "being illegal" a primary offense ... meaning you can't get stopped just to be asked for your papers?

I think a lot of opposition to the law is much ado about nothing if so.
That is correct, legal aliens have been required to have ID since 1940. They show it to you with pride, it is their key to our country. The only people this will effect really are American citizens who if asked and don't have an ID will be arrested. Illegals don't care they expect to get thrown out at some point and then they sneak back in, no big deal at all.

All this at an astronomical cost to the state. Boy is this thing dumb, it is laughable beyond belief. Who thinks up something this stupid, and who are the morons who would actually support it? Mean time in Florida they can't even get a bill out of committee to make it against the law to text while driving. It has died, our law makers are retards, why the "F" do we elect these people? That is the downfall of democracy, morons elected by even bigger morons.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:37 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
You are correct. The term "illegal alien"is all you need, not new laws. That is enough to arrest them, that is not the problem.
If you want to get mad at someone get mad at those who don't enforce the current laws. You are now asking local police to now enforce what are federal laws, this is not how our legal system works. Just wait till the people of Arizona get the bill for doing the job of the federal government and they will be twice as mad.

It will cost then millions of dolars they need for schools and other public services at a time when things are bad already. This is a stupid law no matter how you look at it and police chiefs are already saying they are not enforce it, they can't afford to be doing it without a ton of new funding. What may seem good on paper is not always good in practice.
You are angry but you need to direct it in a more constructive direction. You also need to make an honest evaluation of the source of your anger.

What anger?

It is called following the law.

If you are here legally you have nothing to worry about.

If you are not, then you should be worried because I can see this happening all across the country.

Anger is a word the left wingers use because they know they are in a huge disadvantage of laws like these when 70% of Americans support it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida