Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 02:46 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,752,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Exactly. It really gets me that people are up at arms about health care, yet are so willing to let the government spy on them, stop them and then cart them away indefinitely if deemed a terrorist.

If you like the AZ law so much, Noodles, off to AZ you should go, dear comrade.
It's worse then that. They are now allowed to sneak into your home, look at your computer search your house, plant bugs, read your mail and so on. They are so good at it they come and go and you never know they were there. Of the I believe it is, 93 cases this kind of evidence has been used in, not one had anything to do with terrorism. Make no mistake these were not nice people they were watching but they have so perverted the original intent of the "Patriot act" to such a degree that none of us are safe from them.

Talk about rights, we no longer have any thanks to the same people who profess to be the ones protecting our rights. It is all a big joke and they have a public too stupid to even recognize it. The idiots marching with the signs talking about wanting back their country while supporting the very people who are bent on taking it from them. I recently read the average IQ in America is now 97, down from 100. We are as a whole have one of the dumbest populations in the modern world. Baring our weapons and the ability to wage war, we are little more then a laughing stock in this world and rightfully so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 02:51 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,752,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
You need to read the law that Arizona just passed.

NO ONE will be stopped just because they look illegal.

I agree also that if you have nothing to hide then there should be no problem.

We need to fix the illegal trespassing issue some how.

I see many other states following Arizona as 70% of all Americans want the illegals out of our country.

I do not care what country they are from if they are here illegally they are trespassing and are criminals for doing so.

Please stop repeating the lie Obama told yesterday as it is all hogwash.

The Arizona law enforces the law that the feds wont.

Thank you Arizona and I hope Florida follows suit as well as a ton of other states.
You get rid of rats by removing the food source. As long as we want cheap labor and are willing to hire them they will come. It is that simple.

I am curious why you think they will enforce this when they do nothing in general with the current laws on the books? What is their motive?

Old 04-29-2010, 02:52 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,327,662 times
Quote:
You need to read the law that Arizona just passed.

NO ONE will be stopped just because they look illegal.

I agree also that if you have nothing to hide then there should be no problem.

We need to fix the illegal trespassing issue some how.

I see many other states following Arizona as 70% of all Americans want the illegals out of our country.

I do not care what country they are from if they are here illegally they are trespassing and are criminals for doing so.

Please stop repeating the lie Obama told yesterday as it is all hogwash.

The Arizona law enforces the law that the feds wont.

Thank you Arizona and I hope Florida follows suit as well as a ton of other states.

Are you kidding? Really? You don't think a Hispanic person will be stopped because they look Hispanic? Come on? Really??? I don't understand why you're so willing to turn a blind eye to this.

Quote:
B. For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of this state or a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person, except if the determination may hinder or obstruct an investigation. Any person who is arrested shall have the person's immigration status determined before the person is released. The person's immigration status shall be verified with the federal government pursuant to 8 United States code section 1373(c). A law enforcement official or agency of this state or a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state may not solely consider race, color or national origin in implementing the requirements of this subsection except to the extent permitted by the United States or Arizona Constitution. A person is presumed to not be an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States if the person provides to the law enforcement officer or agency any of the following:
1. A valid Arizona driver license.
2. A valid Arizona nonoperating identification license.
3. A valid tribal enrollment card or other form of tribal identification.
4. If the entity requires proof of legal presence in the United States before issuance, any valid United States federal, state or local government issued identification.
So say you don't have your drivers license with you. They're going to lock you up until you have your status verified? Are they going to pay you for lost wages? Suffering? Your time? I don't think so.

Any loon officer who has a vendetta against Hispanic, black, white, or purple people can use this as an excuse to detain people for their own kicks and giggles. Shame on anyone who finds this acceptable. SHAME!!!

Old 04-29-2010, 08:02 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Are you kidding? Really? You don't think a Hispanic person will be stopped because they look Hispanic? Come on? Really??? I don't understand why you're so willing to turn a blind eye to this.

So say you don't have your drivers license with you. They're going to lock you up until you have your status verified? Are they going to pay you for lost wages? Suffering? Your time? I don't think so.

Any loon officer who has a vendetta against Hispanic, black, white, or purple people can use this as an excuse to detain people for their own kicks and giggles. Shame on anyone who finds this acceptable. SHAME!!!

It is a proven fact that the majority of illegals are of hispanic descent.
It is a proven fact that the majority of crimes committing on American such as rape, robbery, murder etc are done by illegal hispanics
It is a proven fact that schools, towns, hospitals etc are going bankrupt because of the hispanic illegal population in America.

If you do not have nothing to hide and do follow the law of carrying your driver license with you then you wont have any issues.

It is required in most states that you carry your license and ID with you, if you do not then you are breaking the law.

Just so you will understand we need to do something about the illegal population who are destroying our country and of course the state of Florida.

I am not turning a blind eye at all, I know who commits the most crimes and who is stealing from the American people.

Florida is getting destroyed by the illegal population and Florida like Arizona needs to take steps to find and deport every single illegal.

70% of all Americans support this.

If you have nothing to hide and follow the law of carrying your DL or ID with you then you wont have any problems at all.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:25 PM

2,419 posts, read 2,989,879 times
Quote:
It is required in most states that you carry your license and ID with you, if you do not then you are breaking the law.
Is this true? I have never heard of any such thing. You need it when you are driving, but I've never heard that you need it any other time.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:43 PM

1,382 posts, read 3,802,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
Is this true? I have never heard of any such thing. You need it when you are driving, but I've never heard that you need it any other time.
Exactly. The example of having to stop for random DUI checkpoints, etc is different because driving is a privilege, not a right.

Big difference between that and just walking down the street and being stopped and asked for ID.

If the Feds would do their job, we wouldn't have states getting fed up and taking action on their own. Now we've opened a whole new can of worms.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:45 PM

17,536 posts, read 39,147,881 times
Quote:
I never heard of that either.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:46 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,785,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
Florida would be a much better place if they had Arizona's immigration act.

Arizona passes strict illegal immigration act - latimes.com
Agree, the law should be implemented nationwide.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:20 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,849,024 times
After the post-Ivan construction boom wound down and the illegal Mexicans left to work on jobs in New Orleans and the MGC, the largest illegal population in my area is... drumroll... Eastern European college kids who come over here for a three month student/seasonal temp job and then overstay their visas because they discover that if they can stick here for three years, they'll go back to Romania or Bosnia with enough money to pay cash for a house back home.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:27 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:

I was answering another poster who was talking about getting stopped for just being hispanic.

I assumed they meant when they were driving.

Now, the new Arizona law you can be asked for your ID if you break any law whatsover, not just driving a car.

For instance if you are public intoxicated and walking down the street they would have a reason to ask you for your ID because they seen that you were intoxicated. If you cannot provide the ID and you were breaking any law then you will be given time to provide this information.

Another example would be if you were suspicious of stealing from a store, the cops stop you and ask you for ID, you have given them suspicion that you may have stolen something. If you cannot provide some ID or cannot get it then you will not only be arrested for any crime you may have committed but if you are not legal, then you will be charged for being here illegally.

If you cannot provide the needed information then you will be arrested. Meaning if you cannot provide proof that you are in the US legally.

People are making it out more then what it really is.

If you do nothing wrong then you wont be just picked off the street. The law requires that the police have to have some reasonable cause to stop you. Then they can require you to provide some ID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida