Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 12:01 PM

776 posts, read 1,674,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeland Yankee View Post
I find the weather much more tolerable near the coasts because at least you get a breeze from the Ocean or Gulf. Inland Florida has the worst weather imho. The only time we get nice airflow is when storms are moving through the area.
Being right by the cool ocean breezes on the east coast is a huge difference compared with living inland even just west of US 1. SE Fla is the humidest of all by far and you get much less relief at night. Night time temps now seem to run a good 5-7 degrees warmer than the 73-74 average low expected for this time of the year

Old 09-24-2010, 12:16 PM

776 posts, read 1,674,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
I will say one thing. I spent the last weekend in Orlando at Universal. It is in no way as hot as it is down here. It made it to 88-90 all 3 days, but the humidity/dew point was WAAAAYYY lower, and it felt so much better than down here in Estero... What a difference, SWFL is the reason I am not liking it in FL anymore. Need to move to central or N FL.... When I got back last night I noticed an immediate difference.
Yes it is a big difference from SW Fla. You will find going even to Volusia County further cooling than the theme parks area. I remember living in Daytona and going to Kissimmee in Oct or March and I felt like i was already halfway to SoFla's relentless heat and humidity..lol I really think Daytona north to Ponte Vedra/Jax Bch has the best climate in the state if you are looking to minimize heat and humidity. The water temp is much lower up there. Unfortunately all over our state it has been warmer in recent years than in the 1990's.. The last two winter seasons were the exception.. Guess we shall see what this one brings

Last edited by JohnVosilla; 09-24-2010 at 12:25 PM..

Old 09-24-2010, 01:33 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,779,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVosilla View Post
Yes it is a big difference from SW Fla. You will find going even to Volusia County further cooling than the theme parks area. I remember living in Daytona and going to Kissimmee in Oct or March and I felt like i was already halfway to SoFla's relentless heat and humidity..lol I really think Daytona north to Ponte Vedra/Jax Bch has the best climate in the state if you are looking to minimize heat and humidity. The water temp is much lower up there. Unfortunately all over our state it has been warmer in recent years than in the 1990's.. The last two winter seasons were the exception.. Guess we shall see what this one brings
I can tell a difference from the early 1990's when I first came here that it is a bit hotter as the years pass.

Old 11-10-2018, 08:20 AM

1 posts, read 465 times
Mike1306...it’s not his “imagination”
As the state’s and the planet’s temperatures have been on the rise, Orlando in the past decade has notched five of its Top 10 hottest years since the 1600’s

For Orlando, 2015 was the hottest year on record since 1892

Last year was the fourth-warmest for Orlando and this year is on track to finish as third-warmest.

So yeah, Florida is most definitely getting warmer every year, and for those of us that were born here or have lived here for a long time, it’s pretty obvious to us

Last edited by ebeth916; 11-10-2018 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: Spelling error

Old 11-10-2018, 08:32 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,772,727 times
We had record heat of I think 89 yesterday in Fort Myers that was the hottest current temperature in the lower 48 states and the previous record was in the late 90s. So it has always fluctuated but it is getting a few degrees hotter overall and Hurricane Michael strengthened because the gulf waters were 3 to 4 degrees above normal due to climate change.

The nice thing about Fall and Winter here is even if it gets hot you don't have 16 hours of sunlight so it's not as bad as the summer.

Old 11-10-2018, 09:24 AM

25,782 posts, read 12,849,279 times
Last September and this October were record setting hot.

However, we only had 2 Hurricane's make landfall in the last 13 years, while we had 7 Hurricane's make landfall in the preceding 13 years before that. It's been 26+ years since we had a Cat 5 storm hit Florida. So, Hurricane's are diminsihing in frequency, and so is their intensity over the past 26 years.

So, if global warming causes more Hurricane's and more intense ones, then since we have less Hurricane's make landfall, and none have been as strong as Andrew 26+ years ago, we MUST have had global cooling for the last 26 years!

Old 11-10-2018, 09:49 AM

18,472 posts, read 8,298,361 times
a hot or cold spell is weather...
....global warming is the average

Nothing is going on in Florida

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.B...w6daARhNQQHaEo

Old 11-10-2018, 09:57 AM

25,782 posts, read 12,849,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
a hot or cold spell is weather...
....global warming is the average

Nothing is going on in Florida

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.B...w6daARhNQQHaEo
The chart shows no heating or cooling in Florida since 1941. Thus, no global warming. Less Hurricane's and less intensity = global cooling. No rising oceans, just beach erosion from shifting sands like Lido Beach.

Old 11-10-2018, 11:06 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,453,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Last September and this October were record setting hot.

However, we only had 2 Hurricane's make landfall in the last 13 years, while we had 7 Hurricane's make landfall in the preceding 13 years before that. It's been 26+ years since we had a Cat 5 storm hit Florida. So, Hurricane's are diminsihing in frequency, and so is their intensity over the past 26 years.

So, if global warming causes more Hurricane's and more intense ones, then since we have less Hurricane's make landfall, and none have been as strong as Andrew 26+ years ago, we MUST have had global cooling for the last 26 years!
Not even at the level of sophomoric logic. You clearly believe, like the Denier-in-Chief, that you have a "natural instinct for science" and so persons should take your make-believe science seriously.

Where is Irwin Corey when we need him? He could have made millions explaining denier scientific beliefs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irwin_Corey

E.g., my house has never caught fire in 50 years, so it's scientifically certain that if I splash gasoline around the house, and then light a match to ignite the gasoline, my house WILL NOT catch on fire.

So what happens to the 35 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide that accumulates in the atmosphere annually due to fossil fuel burning. I've eagerly been waiting weeks for the denier explanation. What is it???

Old 11-10-2018, 11:19 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,453,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The chart shows no heating or cooling in Florida since 1941. Thus, no global warming. Less Hurricane's and less intensity = global cooling. No rising oceans, just beach erosion from shifting sands like Lido Beach.
The actual empirical record shows massive warming for Miami.

Miami Just Had Its Hottest Month on Record | Climate Central
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida