Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2024, 08:57 AM

4,479 posts, read 3,848,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Orlando has paid for it via the tourism board also, given Orlando's sudden appearance was somewhat "magical" as well.
Astounding indeed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:49 AM

97 posts, read 83,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Astounding indeed!
Hater, Orlando's foodie and dining scene is actually underrated, you'd know if you go to the actual city of Orlando neighborhoods.

Old Yesterday, 10:34 AM

24,406 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Being from SF, I can say there are some great restaurants here. The food scene has really exploded post covid especially. And for its population, I don't think any city with a similar size beats it.

Old Yesterday, 10:40 AM

17,172 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Being from SF, I can say there are some great restaurants here. The food scene has really exploded post covid especially. And for its population, I don't think any city with a similar size beats it.
Have you tried Camille yet?
If not, you should. I was pleasantly surprised.

https://camilleorlando.com/

Old Yesterday, 10:43 AM

2,340 posts, read 2,289,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Charleston and New Orleans might take issue with that. I’ll give Orlando credit though, it’s better than people think in this department.

Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM

17,172 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Charleston and New Orleans might take issue with that. I’ll give Orlando credit though, it’s better than people think in this department.
That's largely because visitors are only familiar with I-Drive and Lake Buena Vista, which are filled with chains. On one hand it's great that that area is removed from the main residential parts of Orlando. On the other hand, it gives people a false impression of the city.

Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM

27,211 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Asheville comes to mind also.

Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM

Quote:
I’ve been to both and would very much disagree they even come close to Orlando. In New Orleans… sure good cajun food, but not much else. In Charleston, good Southern food, but not much else.

In Orlando, you can get great Venezuelan, Omakase, Korean, Vietnamese, Steak, Brazilian, Thai, Burgers, Italian, etc. You have a lot of variety of authentic restaurants in all pay grades from hole in the walls to food trucks to $$$ tasting menus.

Old Yesterday, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Have you tried Camille yet?
If not, you should. I was pleasantly surprised.

https://camilleorlando.com/
I really want to! I will definitely try it this year. For higher price restaurants, I’ve been addicted to Edoboy and Norigami lately lol, but now my wife MIGHT be pregnant, so going to be forced to cut our nigiri addiction lol.

Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM

97 posts, read 83,759 times
Orlando may be the best foodie in Florida outside of Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida