Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2024, 05:14 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Lots of lone wolves?

They're not joiners?

They don't believe their friends are racist?

They don't see themselves as racists?

They believe only "the others" can be racist?

They believe everyone who opposes Biden is a racist?

The others are the bad ones, not them?

Are you in a gunfight? Uh Oh
I feel like many on the left seem to always be trying to incite racial violence and hatred between each other in order to generate votes. And sometimes their Freudian slips come out. Biden, if you don't support me, you aint Black. Osbourne, if you get rid of Hispanics, who will clean our toilets. The media is constantly trying to flame racial tension. Anytime a conservative Black person comes out, it's a race to dig up dirt to bury them and discredit them as a human. Despite the unprecedented negative racial coverage regarding Trump, he has never had more minority support than ever before. I feel like there is a genuine interest among Democrat strategists to keep minorities low income and dependent on the government in order to keep them on their side, but people are starting to catch on. Candace Owens talks a lot about this and other issues.

Last edited by bmw335xi; 04-11-2024 at 05:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2024, 06:18 PM

3,426 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
I will be supporting marijuana and I am not sure yet on the abortion issue. Need more info on what exactly viability means before I would vote for that. My premature son needed help with breathing. Would that have made him not viable? He is now 31 years old and very viable.

Edit - also voting for Trump for the 3rd time.
The *medically* accepted time of viability is 24 weeks (the beginning of the 7th month of pregnancy), unless there are extenuating circumstances that can happen after 24 weeks (such as anencephaly, insufficient blood flow through the placenta that causes the baby to die in the womb, etc).

If it was determined while you were pregnant, that your son would have needed a ventilator for the rest of his life, then no - he wouldn't have been viable. Him needing help to continue his maturity to a normal 9-month status outside the womb, means he was viable.

Imagine though, if the law was totally turned around the other way. Imagine a bunch of religious nuts decided that any woman pregnant with a child who needs help breathing when he's born, MUST abort, and is not ALLOWED to try and give birth to their child. Imagine that this right was taken from you. That you weren't given the right to make that decision for yourself. Imagine if your son was not ALLOWED to be born, and that if you gave birth anyway, you'd be arrested, and so would the doctors who helped you. And the kid would have been taken away from you.

How would that feel, having the right to choose to give birth to your son taken away from you.

That's what an anti-abortion law is, in reverse. It is stripping "the right to choose" from women. A bunch of men who have never met you, who don't know anything about you, your medical situation, your lifestyle, or anything else - are ordering you to do - or not do - something with your own womb. And you no longer have the option to choose.

Old 04-11-2024, 07:57 PM

4,542 posts, read 2,265,157 times
I don’t want an anti abortion law. But I also have heard democrats say that abortion should be legal up until the due date. That is horrific. So still not sure how I will vote.

Old 04-12-2024, 06:59 AM

3,426 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:
I don’t want an anti abortion law. But I also have heard democrats say that abortion should be legal up until the due date. That is horrific. So still not sure how I will vote.
It's only horrific if you don't take into consideration horrific life-threatening situations where the baby is at full term, and something happens that requires removing the baby immediately or risk the mother's life. Consider a fall - onto the stomach that breaks her pelvis. The baby has major brain-stem damage from the fall and will be born fully permanently paralyzed, if he lives at all. Well - natural birth is no longer an option. C-section could rupture organs that have shifted during the fall and will kill mother. While rare, this does happen. If you outlaw abortion - then you'll end up with more dead mothers, more women forced to carry dead or nearly-dead children to term that they know might kill them. They'd have to spend the next few weeks knowing that their last few weeks of life will be spent being killed by the child in their wombs, a child who won't live anyway.

There's also the matter of the procedure for abortion, known as a D&C, being made illegal. It's not just abortion. It's the entire procedure being outlawed. D&C is a common procedure to remove a placenta that hasn't completely separated from the womb. If can cause infection, sepsis, and death. It is also a common procedure for women who miscarry at any gestational period. If any of that already-dead fetus (or baby) is still stuck inside the womb, it can cause infection, sepsis, and death.

Women who miscarry will now be subject to suspicion of murder. Because miscarrying a baby you WANT - isn't bad enough.

Old 04-12-2024, 08:45 AM

626 posts, read 400,285 times
I got a bunch of hypocrisy and flawed logic, but we can call them answers sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
You got your answers, you just aren't happy with them because it goes against your stereotypes and agenda lol.

Old 04-12-2024, 08:48 AM

Agreed, but I do think the abortion issue, which honestly is now a woman's healthcare issue must be addressed.

Quote:
Absolutely not. I am more interested in economic issues and illegal immigration.

Old 04-12-2024, 08:53 AM

Any data to support your claims? We've already discredited you on several occasions...at this point you're just ranting and pointing at clouds.

Affirmative Action Has Helped White Women More Than Anyone:
https://time.com/4884132/affirmative...s-white-women/

They are the largest recipients of affirmative action, getting the largest share of economic, cultural, and leadership gains in the last 50 years. According to a comprehensive study conducted by McKinsey & Company in 2022, an overwhelming 63% of diversity and inclusion leadership roles were occupied by White women.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-w...0White%20women.

Any other falsities you'd like to share with us today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It's not even close. Democrats have more racists by far. They support affirmative action, DEI, and race-based hiring and promotions.

Old 04-12-2024, 09:40 AM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
white women are ~60% of the work force.....

....blacks...both male and female....are only ~13%

white women start out with a huge advantage.....there's a whole lot more of them

"In June 2023, Black women’s labor force participation had rebounded to 62.9 percent (among the highest of any group of women) compared to 59.3 percent in April 2020"

"in June 2023, 75.5 percent of the prime-aged population of Black women were employed, compared to 75.1 percent of white women"

https://nationalpartnership.org/repo...0Table%20A%2D2.

Old 04-12-2024, 01:26 PM

238 posts, read 129,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I am pro-choice, but there are far more issues than just abortion. And most of those issues I side with Trump given how far left democrats have gone in recent years.
Political choices can be very nuanced for us reasonable folks. For example, I'm about 70%/30% conservative these days, but if you had talked to me before I was 25 I'd probably have said I was about 80%/20% leftist. I guess I kinda grew up . These days, while still being conservative, I am pro-union, pro-environment, pro-mass-transit, and anti-Israel. Ah, that entangling alliance the founders warned us about, there is no greater (or expensive) millstone around our nation's neck. Got inflation? Look no further than to who fills up the boards of our 12 federal reserve banks.

I support tariffs on most finished goods especially junk consumer goods, but not raw materials that could help bring back manufacturing. Does cut & finished lumber count as a finished good? OK, sure, but maybe we cant import some Canadian lumber to help bring housing prices down. See....it's tricky, lots of grey area.

I'm against welfare and most immigration. We desperately need school reform...and it isn't about the $$$$. I wish we'd come down harder on criminals, both street crime as well as financial/fraud crime.

I'm anti-big-pharma, but pro-marijuana even though I'm not a user. Again there's a grey area there where I'm fine with it inside one's home, but please don't toke up in the public park, especially not around children.

My In-Laws think I'm a commie because I am a union member (my 2nd of two) and a union supporter. My own father thinks I'm a fascist because I'm anti-immigration and anti-welfare. Pretty hilarious to go back and forth between the two environments. It's sad that extremists on either side are unable to see grey areas, their minds are literally black & white. Not everything in life has to be a pure "either-or" choice either. Sometimes a rejection of both is the right answer, or a mixed compromise in some areas.

Old 04-12-2024, 02:10 PM

2,194 posts, read 1,137,507 times
Quote:
There is virtually no one, anywhere advocating for elective abortions in the 3rd trimester.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida