Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 08:12 AM

626 posts, read 400,285 times

Advertisements

That’s exactly where I was going, but at least that poster had a decent, thought out response (unlike most MAGAs) even if it was a “having your cake and eating it too” stance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
So you're going to vote for someone who put the anti-choice judges in SCOTUS - you know, the ones who insisted during their confirmation hearings that Roe v. Wade was settled law and as such, had intrinsic value. And then - they overturned it like a frozen popover in the toaster oven - because in truth, it had NO value to them, at all.

Every one of those judges was recommended, preferred, pushed, and installed by your boy trump. I mean, you can vote for whoever you want, and voice yes or no on any ballot you want. That's your right.

Just be sure you are aware of the abject hypocrisy when you make conflicting choices like that.

Last edited by silverct9a; 04-03-2024 at 08:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2024, 08:21 AM

1,066 posts, read 764,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Because it doesn't.

Great way to get rid of the poor. Two more lives off the welfare rolls right? That's all the "conservatives" want.
Just as Margaret Sanger wished back in the day, I guess. The ultimate form of birth control. Clearly not conservative.

Conversely, there is an ideology out there that would like to see the poor population eliminated by encouraging the killing of their unborn. It isn't the conservatives working for that. Clearly.

I am pro-choice but believe in reasonable bounds and limitations.

Old 04-03-2024, 09:24 AM

835 posts, read 474,708 times
Regarding A3, what is the current state-level law on non-medical-marijuana? I ask for a couple reasons, firstly I don’t do any of that stuff but I have read about it, which leads me to my second reason, which is that getting a medical marijuana card, according to my reading, is practically effortless.

If A3 is really as stated, I don’t see what difference making it legal makes. From a law perspective, it’s just a formality.

Regarding drug addiction, most people who start out abusing drugs typically begin with legal, doctor prescribed RXs. Making anything legal does not make it necessarily safer to do those sort of things, and that’s sometimes (but not always) what is the reasoning behind the legalization efforts of both the government and the consumers, which isn’t always made clear by either.

I realize there is no money in doing things that make sense.

Old 04-03-2024, 09:36 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryKnight1 View Post
Regarding A3, what is the current state-level law on non-medical-marijuana? I ask for a couple reasons, firstly I don’t do any of that stuff but I have read about it, which leads me to my second reason, which is that getting a medical marijuana card, according to my reading, is practically effortless.

If A3 is really as stated, I don’t see what difference making it legal makes. From a law perspective, it’s just a formality.

Regarding drug addiction, most people who start out abusing drugs typically begin with legal, doctor prescribed RXs. Making anything legal does not make it necessarily safer to do those sort of things, and that’s sometimes (but not always) what is the reasoning behind the legalization efforts of both the government and the consumers, which isn’t always made clear by either.

I realize there is no money in doing things that make sense.
Exactly, anyone right now who wants a medical card can get one easily. Heck, anyone who wants marijuana can buy it easily. At least if it's legalized, it will be taxed and regulated.

Old 04-03-2024, 09:49 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
That’s exactly where I was going, but at least that poster had a decent, thought out response (unlike most MAGAs) even if it was a “having your cake and eating it too” stance.
I think most reasonable people have their own opinions and don't just blindly follow 100% whatever party they attach themselves too.

You can be Biden supporter and still vote to increase funding to police. You can be a Biden supporter and still vote to enforce immigration laws. You can be a Biden supporter and still vote to ban child sex change operations.

Old 04-03-2024, 10:40 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,127,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
Doesn't that go against MAGA belief systems?
And therein lies the problem. The media would have you pitted blue versus red, when the reality is most of us live in the grey. heck, even the term MAGA is a talking point meant to incite an emotional reaction. It is silly really.

Old 04-03-2024, 11:05 AM

4,474 posts, read 3,842,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayHammer View Post

As for MJ, I think it's fine in private. I don't care. What I am against is people using it in public spaces, especially in the park where children (including my son and I) play. I don't want them inhaling the stuff and I don't want them to associate fond childhood memories of playing on a playground with the smell of marijuana.

If you are advocating for the prohibition of MARIJUANA ODORS in public places (), I'd like to add some to your list of prohibited public smells in the "Free State of Florida":

Rotten water smells from the various bays/rivers/ponds here
The smell of car exhaust from the gridlock on I95, I75, etc
Cigarette smoke
Body odor
Dog crap smells
Homeless people smells
The smell of dead fish in our waterways due to hazardous waste/red tide

I'm sure I'm missing some more objectionable smells we can make illegal in Florida.......

Old 04-03-2024, 11:16 AM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I'll be supporting marijuana and pro-choice, while voting for Trump.
Same here.

Old 04-03-2024, 11:42 AM

3,833 posts, read 3,335,667 times
Missouri will be interesting to watch. Overall it's more conservative bible belt and southern Baptist than Florida is. They're going to try and pass ballot initiative reform before the Nov elections. They want to raise it to 57 percent.

Kentucky protected abortion rights. I suspect MO would vote for it too but maybe around 53 percent. Another proposed change in MO would requite 5 of 8 congressional districts to approve a change. It's 6-2 Republican. I don't see it passing in 5 of 8 districts in MO. Whichever bill passes would likely be on the AUg ballots so higher republican turnout. In Nov abortion won't pass then.

Old 04-03-2024, 12:00 PM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I think most reasonable people have their own opinions and don't just blindly follow 100% whatever party they attach themselves too.

You can be Biden supporter and still vote to increase funding to police. You can be a Biden supporter and still vote to enforce immigration laws. You can be a Biden supporter and still vote to ban child sex change operations.
so support someone politically...that is the antithesis of how you would vote...and would do the complete opposite of how you would vote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida