Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 02:48 PM

626 posts, read 400,285 times

Advertisements

It was a QUESTION hence giving you and others an opportunity to answer and clarify the MAGA stance. So since you’re looking for attention, what’s your stance on Florida’s upcoming abortion and recreational marijuana ballot initiatives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
You presume to know another's mind and you assume a single profile of voters.

Tsk-Tsk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2024, 04:00 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
Wonderful, but you didn’t really answer my question…
What’s your question specifically? I thought I was pretty clear. I’m not concerned and overall I’m glad these justices are in place.

Old 04-03-2024, 04:23 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
It was a QUESTION hence giving you and others an opportunity to answer and clarify the MAGA stance. So since you’re looking for attention, what’s your stance on Florida’s upcoming abortion and recreational marijuana ballot initiatives?
I think you are learning that MAGA isn’t a narrow minded think tank. Trump appeals to more groups of people than the traditional republican evangelical conservative. The appeal of Trump to most supporters is his energy and willingness to take on the mainstream media and just do the policies that make sense. I believe he is just playing politics when he talks about the bible, I don’t actually think he is a church going Christian lol. So that’s why you may be shocked in this thread to see a lot of replies that say… yes we support legalizing marijuana and making abortions available up to 15 weeks or whatever ballot measure is. The media is trying hard to make people think all of MAGA are racist white insurrectionists, but that just fuels the fire for Trump supporters to support him more because we know the lies and tricks that the media is trying to do. I know I’m just one sample size, but most of my friends who said they will vote for Trump this time are NOT white (still the majority of my friends are voting for Biden, but most of those friends who are voting Trump are not white is what I’m saying).

Old 04-03-2024, 07:26 PM

You were anything but clear in your prior response, but your current response in bold certainly is.

Logically I don’t see how you came to that conclusion, IMO appears you’re just glossing over a major unprecedented action taken by Supreme Court Justices (essentially ruling along party lines which is NOT to be done within the SCOTUS) to justify voting for Trump yet voting for issues the Florida GOP did NOT want on the ballot as it would put Florida in play for the upcoming general election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
What’s your question specifically? I thought I was pretty clear. I’m not concerned and overall I’m glad these justices are in place.

Last edited by silverct9a; 04-03-2024 at 08:07 PM..

Old 04-03-2024, 07:53 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,335,667 times
Quote:
You were anything but clear in your prior response, but your current response in bold certainly is.

Logically I don’t see how you came to that, IMO appears you’re just glossing over a major unprecedented action taken by Supreme Court Justices (essentially ruling along party lines which is NOT to be done within the SCOTUS) to justify voting for Trump yet voting for issues the Florida GOP did NOT want on the ballot as it would put Florida in Play for the general election.
I'm a bit worried too! Trump won FL by small percentages. So lets say just a few less people support Trump this election, and the abortion on the ballots helps give the dems another point, it could make us toss up. Can't have Biden winning FL.

Old 04-03-2024, 07:57 PM

I live literally 3 minutes away from Palm Beach International Airport and 8 minutes from Mar-a-Lago. I see Trump, his private plane, his supporters, and his detractors just about everyday. About a month ago I did an interview with Newsmax in Boca Raton for a Sr. Software Developer position (mostly out of curiosity and laughs) so I have a solid idea of what MAGA and their ilk are.

I too don’t think Trump himself is a racist, a narcissist and pathological liar yes, but I’d wager the average Trumper outside of metropolitan areas certainly are.

At the end of the day Trump is a loud mouth New York Democrat who now runs the Republican Party…never thought I’d see the day.

Quote:
I think you are learning that MAGA isn’t a narrow minded think tank. Trump appeals to more groups of people than the traditional republican evangelical conservative. The appeal of Trump to most supporters is his energy and willingness to take on the mainstream media and just do the policies that make sense. I believe he is just playing politics when he talks about the bible, I don’t actually think he is a church going Christian lol. So that’s why you may be shocked in this thread to see a lot of replies that say… yes we support legalizing marijuana and making abortions available up to 15 weeks or whatever ballot measure is. The media is trying hard to make people think all of MAGA are racist white insurrectionists, but that just fuels the fire for Trump supporters to support him more because we know the lies and tricks that the media is trying to do. I know I’m just one sample size, but most of my friends who said they will vote for Trump this time are NOT white (still the majority of my friends are voting for Biden, but most of those friends who are voting Trump are not white is what I’m saying).

Old 04-03-2024, 07:58 PM

3,426 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayHammer View Post
At 7 months a baby has an incredibly good chance of survival and will most likely thrive as well. She has already expressed (to me, family, doctors) that the baby's life will always take precedence over her own. Maybe not every woman feels that way, but many, and likely most, do. She's had a good shot at life, and she wants the baby to have one too, and in the incredibly rare case where that might happen to mean one of the other....well, it's the baby's turn. My wife knows I am, and will continue to be, an excellent father (because why would any woman choose a man who isn't) and we have tons of family support from both sides and that we will continue to honor her.

But, we're not expecting that to happen. While those instances do exist, they are rare. No need to cherry-pick from small percentages, and most people reasonably agree on exceptions to the rule like this anyway.

For what it's worth, pregnancy is at least 300% preventable. Here's how: You can choose to abstain. I know that seems "crazy" to some in this day and age, but it's an option and 100% effective. You can also choose from an incredibly array of birth control, all of which is near 100% effective. You can also choose to wear condoms, which of course when worn correctly are 100% effective, you can even do this in addition to using birth control; it's not an either-or option.

Murder should not be a birth control option because pregnancy is incredibly preventable if you don't want to get pregnant. Most pregnancies nowadays are by choice, and even in instances where they are "unplanned" there were plenty of options to safeguard against it.

Obviously, any reasonable person (aside from the fundamentalists) will give reasonable exemption for rape and incest (again up to a reasonable time frame), both of which are incredibly rare compared to your average "oopsie". So, there's no need to play the "what about rape and incest" card. Bluff called.
1. Vasectomies prevent abortion.
2. Rape happens.
3. Incest happens.
4. Brain stem defects happen in utero, and in some cases aren't detected until the 7th month. At that point, the fetus is NOT viable and will die IF the mother isn't killed by the placental abruption first. This has actually happened. It's not a hypothetical. Women die because they aren't allowed to abort an UNviable fetus.
5. It's great that your wife has the CHOICE to put her unborn child first. Although - if she's at 15 weeks, in Florida, that's no longer a choice. In some states, it isn't even her choice if there's some great risk to her life. She doesn't get to choose. And in 30 days, she will no longer have the right to choose. That right has been taken away from her.

Men don't care if their victims are fertile or not. Daddy doesn't care if his daughter shouldn't get pregnant. In fact, Daddy might want his daughter to get pregnant. And that's why he rapes her.

Pregnancy is only preventable if both female AND male abstain. Men have already proven themselves incapable of abstaining, when they want to rape a woman. Men can't get pregnant, so they have nothing to worry about.

Old 04-03-2024, 08:05 PM

Although we share different politics, you’re absolutely correct in that these two ballot issues could be devastating to the Florida GOP - It’s why they fought so vehemently to not have it included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
I'm a bit worried too! Trump won FL by small percentages. So let’s say just a few less people support Trump this election, and the abortion on the ballots helps give the dems another point, it could make us toss up. Can't have Biden winning FL.

Old 04-03-2024, 08:07 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
Of course the law allows abortions if the pregnancy is dangerous to the woman, so why would you lie about that?
Nope, that is up to each state. Here is a list of the rules for each state and a fairly large number have no exception for the mother even if it's likely she will die if the fetus is not aborted
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...-laws-by-state

Old 04-03-2024, 08:08 PM

3,426 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
You presume to know another's mind and you assume a single profile of voters.

Tsk-Tsk
Quote:
I agree, this is another reason why I am pro-choice. For me, I wouldn't want to be born into extreme poverty. And as a taxpayer, I don't want to be paying for other people's children. I agree that it creates more poverty. Unlike the other poster who claims the GOP is trying to kill off the poor. No, restricting abortions will create more poor people.
What abortion restrictions does:

It creates more poor people.
It widens the financial gap - because wealthy people can afford to go to states where it's legal to have an abortion, and get one anyway. Poor people can't afford that option, and end up with more kids...OR...
...OR...they save up enough for an illegal abortion, and risk dying. Because they can afford the few hundred bucks for an illegal abortion but can't afford the thousand or more for the trip to a state that allows it.

Most people living today, have never been aware of a time when abortion was illegal nationwide. It used to be, but most people are too young to have been an adult when 11 states loosened their abortion laws in the 1960's, or when Roe v. Wade was passed in 1973.

We're returning to the draconian era when men dictate the place of women in society, and women have no legal right over their own wombs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida