Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2023, 12:55 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,275,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Desantis and the Texas governor Abbott also share a significant burden of blame, for intentionally, smugly, arrogantly, and gleefully bussing immigrants from the Texas border to sanctuary cities.
oh the drama...significant

the little bus loads Adams sent would not even register...DeSantis sent a plane to Martha's Vineyard

"As of late September, more than 118,800 migrants had arrived in New York City since the spring of 2022."

https://www.nytimes.com/article/nyc-...explained.html

Eric Adams sent migrants to Florida, Texas

In total, Abbott has sent about 9,700 migrants to New York City while DeSantis has sent about 85 to Martha’s Vineyard and California.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...broad-reports/

significant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2023, 12:57 PM

5,988 posts, read 3,731,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Desantis and the Texas governor Abbott also share a significant burden of blame, for intentionally, smugly, arrogantly, and gleefully bussing immigrants from the Texas border to sanctuary cities. Florida is worse, in my opinion, because we don't even share a border with Texas. Desantis used taxpayer revenue to do this, very clearly as an immature "neener neener" fart-joke type of stunt simply because he could, and no one was willing to stop him.

Perhaps if the ENTIRE COUNTRY was a sanctuary country, which is why it exists AS a country in the first place, we wouldn't have these problems at all.

Unless you're a Native American, or of Mexican descent whose descendants lived in Texas before it became a state - then you have no claim over North America at all. America was founded by people who were escaping their home country in search of a better life, better opportunity, better environment, and freedom from the religious tyranny they came from.

And because of that whole "Texas used to be Mexico" thing - I'll say that Mexicans have more of a claim on this country than the rest of us do.
Far more illegals of all kinds are flowing into the southern states such as Texas, AZ, NM, and Florida than are going into the northern states. Why shouldn't DeSantis and Abbott "share the wealth" and send the northern states their fair share?

BTW, the US IS a sanctuary country for LEGAL immigrants. Why are you so supportive of those who deliberately break our immigration laws?

Old 10-04-2023, 01:15 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Far more illegals of all kinds are flowing into the southern states such as Texas, AZ, NM, and Florida than are going into the northern states. Why shouldn't DeSantis and Abbott "share the wealth" and send the northern states their fair share?

BTW, the US IS a sanctuary country for LEGAL immigrants. Why are you so supportive of those who deliberately break our immigration laws?
Some people want chaos to replace harmony and law. They want serious criminals release without bail, chairs being flung at teachers (link), false fire alarms being pulled (link), and just general disorder, chaos and anarchy.

Old 10-04-2023, 03:40 PM

3,437 posts, read 2,409,977 times
Quote:

Perhaps you don't understand how refugee status and asylum works. And maybe you don't understand the term "illegal immigrant." That term is a slur, and has no meaning in law. The legal term is "undocumented immigrant." And undocumented immigrants are allowed to cross the border, in order to seek asylum or refugee status. Our laws are very clear about that.

See here for the government website FAQ that explains the system in detail:
https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/r...sked-questions

Old 10-04-2023, 04:32 PM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalconsequence View Post
SE Florida is where much of this trend came from. The results in the 2020 election from Date and Broward were stunning.

Also, Venezuelan immigrants who become citizens, & vote are very likely to be Republicans after seeing 1st hand what happened to their homeland.
Dade and Palm Beach, yes, but not Broward. It held true to its deep blue tendencies.

Old 10-04-2023, 08:44 PM

634 posts, read 405,926 times
Broward, the only South Florida county that wasn’t swayed by an authoritarian swindler…

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Dade and Palm Beach, yes, but not Broward. It held true to its deep blue tendencies.

Old 10-05-2023, 03:35 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times
Quote:
You still haven't explained why you choose to be a Republican. If you don't like either Trump or DeSantis, then why are you a registered Republican?
I can't answer for Chas but I am considering switching to Republican and I loath Trump and DeSantis. I'll be doing it for the hate and intolerance mainly but also for the favorable tax policy for corporations and wealthy individuals. I'm tired of the atheist Democrats' despicable harvesting of adrenochrome from kidnapped children and spending my tax dollars to feed school kids and disadvantaged people. We need to put God back in every aspect of government and stop sending these nationwide alerts to our phones to turn on the Marberg virus that they put in the Covid vaccines. Did I mention "climate change"? Democrats want us all to pay higher prices for everything to "reduce carbon emissions" because it got hot this summer. Geez.

Having said all that, if Trump or DeSantis is the candidate I'll be voting Biden again, sex trafficking and Hunter's laptop be damned.

Old 10-05-2023, 05:35 AM

25,736 posts, read 12,815,111 times
I don't like how Florida releases voters registration information to everyone else. Shouldn't that be kept private?

I felt violated when I found this out, & would not have registered the way I did had I known.

Do other states make it public, or is that unique to Florida?

Old 10-05-2023, 08:35 AM

5,021 posts, read 7,450,618 times
Quote:
If you are a Republican and you dislike DeSantis and Trump, then please give us a few examples of Republicans you DO like and have voted for. Also, how about telling us who you voted for in the Trump vs Biden election about 2 or 3 years ago since you claim to not like either of them.

You still haven't explained why you choose to be a Republican. If you don't like either Trump or DeSantis, then why are you a registered Republican?
I only have 2 friends that blindly vote for the party they’re registered with.

The rest are registered republicans who vote according to who they prefer, regardless of party affiliation.

It’s strange to me how many on this thread assume all registered Republicans will only/always vote Republican.
All but one of my Republican friends despise Desantis and trump.

Old 10-05-2023, 08:41 AM

84 posts, read 94,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I don't like how Florida releases voters registration information to everyone else. Shouldn't that be kept private?

I felt violated when I found this out, & would not have registered the way I did had I known.

Do other states make it public, or is that unique to Florida?
Excellent point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida