Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2023, 04:26 PM

89 posts, read 153,528 times

Advertisements

I thought I disliked FL because of the high rent/housing markets, crazy drivers, urban sprawl, and heat. I had thought about moving away from FL for at least 3 years, on and off more just day dream about it. I pulled the trigger this summer and moved away from FL. I've been in the new spot 3 weeks and I'm already moving back to FL... looking at rentals in my old area now. Stupid, costly mistake. I can't believe I made this move. Never again. I left my home town thinking that I needed to get out there and see new things. When in reality my life was very comfortable and I had a good support system (my family) where I lived. There was no need for me to move other than I thought it would be kind of a new adventure, that sort of thing. I fell for it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2023, 04:31 PM

68 posts, read 36,077 times
3 weeks and you're leaving? How you going to pull that off?

Old 08-10-2023, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson Belew View Post
3 weeks and you're leaving? How you going to pull that off?
IDK. Break my lease I guess and pay the fine...

Old 08-10-2023, 04:40 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,746,310 times
Sounds like you miss your family more than you miss Florida. I moved from Florida back to NY years ago, I missed it the first month when I realized I couldn't get up in the morning and go to the beach in the winter! Seriously, I would wake up and think of going to the beach until I was fully awake and realized I was in NY now.

Now I'm more glad that I left Florida years ago, we had a heat wave in NY for the past few weeks and I was uncomfortable and knew I couldn't take the Florida heat for months at a time anymore. Additionally, with news of leprosy breakouts in Central Florida, malaria, the shortage of doctors, insurance companies leaving, that state doesn't sound like a good place to be right now.

Old 08-10-2023, 04:42 PM

Yes. I do miss them more than FL. FL I could take it or leave it. My family though, I feel just crushed that I am not near them now. Idk why I thought I could make do without seeing them.

Old 08-10-2023, 04:47 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,746,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowpat5 View Post
Yes. I do miss them more than FL. FL I could take it or leave it. My family though, I feel just crushed that I am not near them now. Idk why I thought I could make do without seeing them.
I know what you mean, when I lived in Florida I was always looking for flights on the holidays to come back home to NY to see my family. Now my parents are gone, my beloved mom passed 20 months ago and all I have left are photos and memories of my parents, some of the best ones were when they visited me in Florida. Good luck, life goes by fast, enjoy your family while you can.

Old 08-10-2023, 06:38 PM

872 posts, read 1,712,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowpat5 View Post
I thought I disliked FL because of the high rent/housing markets, crazy drivers, urban sprawl, and heat. I had thought about moving away from FL for at least 3 years, on and off more just day dream about it. I pulled the trigger this summer and moved away from FL. I've been in the new spot 3 weeks and I'm already moving back to FL... looking at rentals in my old area now. Stupid, costly mistake. I can't believe I made this move. Never again. I left my home town thinking that I needed to get out there and see new things. When in reality my life was very comfortable and I had a good support system (my family) where I lived. There was no need for me to move other than I thought it would be kind of a new adventure, that sort of thing. I fell for it...
Are you working at your new location? It would solve the income problem and you'd meet new people. At least give your new home 4-6 months to get a real feel for it.

Old 08-10-2023, 06:51 PM

68 posts, read 36,077 times
Sometimes the thing you are looking for has been here the whole time.

Old 08-10-2023, 06:56 PM

283 posts, read 289,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Sounds like you miss your family more than you miss Florida. I moved from Florida back to NY years ago, I missed it the first month when I realized I couldn't get up in the morning and go to the beach in the winter! Seriously, I would wake up and think of going to the beach until I was fully awake and realized I was in NY now.

Now I'm more glad that I left Florida years ago, we had a heat wave in NY for the past few weeks and I was uncomfortable and knew I couldn't take the Florida heat for months at a time anymore. Additionally, with news of leprosy breakouts in Central Florida, malaria, the shortage of doctors, insurance companies leaving, that state doesn't sound like a good place to be right now.
Please inform your neighbors. Emphasis on the part in bold

Old 08-10-2023, 07:34 PM

6,408 posts, read 4,901,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post

Yes Florida does not compare to crime free, low tax and buried under regulations NY. I moved from NY 7 years and haven't been back since. I'd rather remember it the way it was. Spread the word about Florida and maybe so many NYers will stop moving here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida