Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2023, 02:01 PM

381 posts, read 278,864 times

Advertisements

We didn't hate fla but grew to dislike it ,traffic,development , heat and hurricanes pushed out after close to 40 years down there, I dont miss it and dont see any reason to go back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2023, 05:06 PM

3 posts, read 855 times
I don't think that u actually have made a mistake
u tried, didn't like, but gained some experience
I think u would've been sad if u didn't actually try it

Old 10-29-2023, 04:36 PM

89 posts, read 153,404 times
Thanks. Dunno how else to say it... but realized now that it was my family I missed. Smacked in the face with the reality that living in FL and making blue collar/working class wage is just hardly doable. Realistically, all emotions aside and thinking of my financial future, it would have been better for me to stay and find full time employment in an unrelated field... Contemplating leaving again. *shrug*

Old 10-29-2023, 06:04 PM

1,333 posts, read 2,197,769 times
If you can't bear to be away from family, the trick then is to move within the state to a cheaper cost of living suburb or exurb within a few hours drive so you can drive home anytime you want for a weekend visit.

Areas with cheaper cost of living in state are exurbs of the metro areas.

Places like Ocala for Orlando.

Crystal River or Spring Hill for Tampa.

Clay County for Jacksonville

Port St. Lucie for South Florida.

Old 10-29-2023, 06:44 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowpat5 View Post
Yes. I do miss them more than FL. FL I could take it or leave it. My family though, I feel just crushed that I am not near them now. Idk why I thought I could make do without seeing them.
OP, maybe your place where you are now will turn out to be a refuge for them when they end up in the path of a hurricane years from now. It's good for a family to have an escape hatch in these unpredictable times. Maybe you should give your new place a chance for a bit. And maybe your family members can come visit when you get settled in and comfortable.

Old 10-29-2023, 07:20 PM

10,056 posts, read 14,929,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Sounds like you miss your family more than you miss Florida. I moved from Florida back to NY years ago, I missed it the first month when I realized I couldn't get up in the morning and go to the beach in the winter! Seriously, I would wake up and think of going to the beach until I was fully awake and realized I was in NY now.

Now I'm more glad that I left Florida years ago, we had a heat wave in NY for the past few weeks and I was uncomfortable and knew I couldn't take the Florida heat for months at a time anymore. Additionally, with news of leprosy breakouts in Central Florida, malaria, the shortage of doctors, insurance companies leaving, that state doesn't sound like a good place to be right now.
Well, well... Unless you moved to inland New York state, you can go to the beach in the winter. You might freeze to death in the cold, but that you can go, you can go. Brrrr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida