Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2023, 02:21 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by logybogy View Post
The state is going way too right wing with guns and now the 6 week abortion ban is going to really anger a lot of people. I fully expect a constitutional amendment on abortion for 2024. It's actually going to hurt republicans who are mainly fiscal conservatives. I did not sign up for this Ted Cruz social conservative BS on Disney, drag queens and gays. All a lot of republicans want is low taxes.
Please take Charlie Crist and Nikki Fried with you when you leave.

Old 04-07-2023, 05:03 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Well considering the number of shootings in schools, grocery stores, and other public places (low and high class), it's not a bad idea to constantly be carrying, even if you don't live in the ghetto.
I got sick of packing heat in the woods. Everyone said i gotta carry a hog leg in case i see a hog in the bog. Well i would just use my shotgun. It got old fast having the weight of a handgun on me.

Guess i could always pack my 32 .cal mag with me. I sold around 120 guns back in the late 90's and just not into them like i was years ago bro.

Old 04-07-2023, 05:11 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Didn't someone once write : "PEOPLE" have the right to bear arms?
Oh, right.
No one ever wrote : subject citizens who consented to be governed, and need permission, and can be compelled to train, fight, and die on command (militia duty), have a right to life and liberty. 'Cause they don't.

Old 04-07-2023, 08:33 PM

140 posts, read 111,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post
So what? Even with SYG there’s a good chance your life will be ruined and many other unintended consequences from protracted litigation that comes after a shooting. I guess you WANT that then. Clearly I am not dealing with two process thinkers here. The second you pull your weapon and shoot someone is the BEGINNING, not the END.
...so just be a victim. Got it, thanks. No need to defend yourself if it involves a hassle.

Old 04-08-2023, 06:28 AM

18,448 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I got sick of packing heat in the woods. Everyone said i gotta carry a hog leg in case i see a hog in the bog.
had a hog tree me one time....scaredest I've ever been in my entire life....put in end to my deer hunting too

Old 04-08-2023, 06:45 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
had a hog tree me one time....scaredest I've ever been in my entire life....put in end to my deer hunting too
You got the more real wild hogs down your way ray. The piney hill rooters. I got more of the wild farm pigs where i hunted in north FL. You would trip over them they were so thick mick. No mud for them now since it
has not rained in months.

Old 04-08-2023, 09:30 AM

451 posts, read 456,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySipowicz View Post
Then feel free not to get yourself a permit. If that's not acceptable, I suggest 95 or 75 North. Later, gator!
If you're young enough, I'd venture to say you'll be leaving eventually. The burgeoning development and population increase will change everything... Maybe you'll go back to the 15th precinct...

Old 04-08-2023, 03:07 PM

3,438 posts, read 2,409,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Didn't someone once write : "PEOPLE" have the right to bear arms?
Oh, right.
No one ever wrote : subject citizens who consented to be governed, and need permission, and can be compelled to train, fight, and die on command (militia duty), have a right to life and liberty. 'Cause they don't.
Actually no, someone didn't once write "PEOPLE" have the right to bear arms. Someone wrote "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Notice that "well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State" part? Yeah. "the people" are a collection of people belonging to a well-regulated militia. The well-regulated militia was necessary to protect the security of a free State. That was back before the USA had its own military, an army, navy, marines, and air force. Instead, people would be called to serve, but had to bring their own weapons as there was no government entity to provide them. That's why 2A was written. To allow individuals to serve and protect their country by bringing their own firearms. In most of the country it had been illegal to walk around carrying a firearm, until that point.

Old 04-08-2023, 08:55 PM

1,333 posts, read 2,200,722 times
Not going anywhere but genuinely concerned a hard right conservative social agenda will endanger Republican rule in the future and lead to higher taxes. The guns and abortion stuff is not popular at all and will wake up lots of independent and dem voters in 2024. Most of the people moving to Florida now are rich and mostly country club type republicans from the northeast or rust belt who are fiscally conservative first and not into the social conservative agenda. Lots of blowback possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
Please take Charlie Crist and Nikki Fried with you when you leave.

Last edited by logybogy; 04-08-2023 at 09:26 PM..

Old 04-08-2023, 11:52 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
As a life long Floridian who doesn't own a Gun was it really that much harder to get one before this current Law was passed?
My brother & brother-in-law own guns and they never seemed to complain about the process when they got them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida