Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2023, 06:47 AM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post
Seems some of you are eagerly awaiting your chance to shoot somebody…
...and some are out there eagerly awaiting a chance to give them a good reason to

Old 04-07-2023, 07:03 AM

14,956 posts, read 9,790,824 times
Quote:
I don’t have any issues with people carrying as is their right, but if I ever found myself in a situation where the area was so dangerous that it necessitated being armed daily, I would be making arrangements to move. Seems some of you are eagerly awaiting your chance to shoot somebody…
Is that you conclusion? or are you projecting your opinion upon people who believe in their right, to defend themselves?

No judgement there...

Old 04-07-2023, 10:05 AM

451 posts, read 455,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
and you have no idea what "lack of coffee...bad wording" means....right?

and I even posted the link...showing you do not need a permit....and you still don't get it

slowly for the confused > I didn't have enough coffee, and got things mixed up, thinking permits for carry, I typed permits for guns, and was typing faster than my coffee addled brain could deal with
I was just pointing it out in case You were confused. Sorry your highness.

Old 04-07-2023, 10:11 AM

451 posts, read 455,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Well maybe it's time to exercise your options. I don't see the state changing because of your feelings.
It will eventually. The constantly escalating one-upmanship between the parties will devolve towards moderation. It's a circus .

Old 04-07-2023, 10:15 AM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWhom View Post
I was just pointing it out in case You were confused. Sorry your highness.
..and you had to answer back...snarky..again

looks like we're both a couple of highnesses LOL

Old 04-07-2023, 12:20 PM

140 posts, read 111,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logybogy View Post
The state is going way too right wing with guns and now the 6 week abortion ban is going to really anger a lot of people. I fully expect a constitutional amendment on abortion for 2024. It's actually going to hurt republicans who are mainly fiscal conservatives. I did not sign up for this Ted Cruz social conservative BS on Disney, drag queens and gays. All a lot of republicans want is low taxes.
95 north is the way out. Seeya!

Old 04-07-2023, 01:39 PM

835 posts, read 474,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Is that you conclusion? or are you projecting your opinion upon people who believe in their right, to defend themselves?

No judgement there...
If I found the need to “defend” myself daily I think I’d be in a pretty bad area and would move, not start researching weaponry and an arsenal to have around. Why in the world would I want to live in an area that necessitated me constantly carrying a GUN around is completely beyond me. Do you live in a ghetto area or something, is that what you’re trying to imply?

FYI, just because you can carry and “stand your ground” doesn’t exempt you from months or even years of mandatory subpoenas appearance, protracted litigation and court proceedings. You don’t just shoot the perceived “bad guy” and get to go home, that’s not how it works. This isn’t the vigilante-run wild Wild West, we live in an orderly society.

I have no problem with guns or gun rights, but some of you seem to think you can blow somebody away under your own perception of wrongdoing, and that will be the end of it. Not a chance. If anything, ironically enough, you’ll be behind bars for at least a temporary period, while the judiciary sorts you out.

I think it’s just better to not place yourself in these positions in the first place but that’s just me. Some of you sound like you want to be the next George Zimmerman - ya, he may have won in court, but his life is ruined. Or maybe that ex-cop Nouman Raja except his SYG defense crashed and burned and he is behind bars for a quarter century.

Last edited by StarryKnight1; 04-07-2023 at 01:55 PM..

Old 04-07-2023, 01:58 PM

4,475 posts, read 3,842,069 times
Quote:
If I found the need to “defend” myself daily I think I’d be in a pretty bad area and would move, not start researching weaponry and an arsenal to have around. Why in the world would I want to live in an area that necessitated me constantly carrying a GUN around is completely beyond me. Do you live in a ghetto area or something, is that what you’re trying to imply?

Well considering the number of shootings in schools, grocery stores, and other public places (low and high class), it's not a bad idea to constantly be carrying, even if you don't live in the ghetto.

Old 04-07-2023, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Well considering the number of shootings in schools, grocery stores, and other public places (low and high class), it's not a bad idea to constantly be carrying, even if you don't live in the ghetto.
So what? Even with SYG there’s a good chance your life will be ruined and many other unintended consequences from protracted litigation that comes after a shooting. I guess you WANT that then. Clearly I am not dealing with two process thinkers here. The second you pull your weapon and shoot someone is the BEGINNING, not the END.

Old 04-07-2023, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...and some are out there eagerly awaiting a chance to give them a good reason to
If you want to shoot things daily, the military is always recruiting….And there’s a shortage of police officers too, but there are restrictions, again, on what and when you can shoot. Neither are a free for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida