Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2023, 09:48 AM

14,956 posts, read 9,794,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryKnight1 View Post
Also be aware that just because concealed carry is legal, it does not extend to private property owned by another person or entity. Almost all large corporations and retail ban concealed carry in their brick and mortar locations for liability reasons alone, and a long list of other categories of places also ban the practice (government buildings and etc.). You could sneak it in, but by the same token, if you’re found out, they can kick you out and ban you from the premises, even if it is legal in that state.
Do you think the bad guys with guns see this as an 'opportunity'?

If any business or entity does not assume the role of protecting me i maintain my personal right to defend myself.

If I go to the court house (in my county) I can check my firearm at the entrance and they provide protection. If I go into iHOP and they have a no gun policy and they don't provide security, I still carry and they will never know.

A gun free zone is an invite to mass shooters.

Old 05-29-2023, 11:34 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,826,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
What if I live in a rural area with predators who are trying to kill my animals? or a threat to my own safety? or my grandchildren?.
Most of us are fortunate to live in places where you don’t have to worry about the rabid raccoon getting into Publix.

The toddler reaching into Mom’s purse and pulling out an unsecured handgun at Walmart however….

Old 05-29-2023, 01:55 PM

835 posts, read 474,708 times
Quote:
Do you think the bad guys with guns see this as an 'opportunity'?

If any business or entity does not assume the role of protecting me i maintain my personal right to defend myself.

If I go to the court house (in my county) I can check my firearm at the entrance and they provide protection. If I go into iHOP and they have a no gun policy and they don't provide security, I still carry and they will never know.

A gun free zone is an invite to mass shooters.
So to recap, you both support and break the law whenever it fits your political agenda-fancy. That’s what I was trying to get you to admit, but thanks for finally admitting it.

I’d take the pictures of yourself and your location down from your profile as now it’s very obvious where you, a known lawbreaker, as per above, lives.

Old 05-29-2023, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Most of us are fortunate to live in places where you don’t have to worry about the rabid raccoon getting into Publix.

The toddler reaching into Mom’s purse and pulling out an unsecured handgun at Walmart however….
So one incident should change the whole dynamic of the second amendment? really? That's your logic?

Old 05-29-2023, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryKnight1 View Post
So to recap, you both support and break the law whenever it fits your political agenda-fancy. That’s what I was trying to get you to admit, but thanks for finally admitting it.

I’d take the pictures of yourself and your location down from your profile as now it’s very obvious where you, a known lawbreaker, as per above, lives.
Ihop can't make laws... they make rules, like any business. Maybe you need to review. Certain rules pertain to employees where you can be disciplined or terminated for violating company policy. Only law makers can make laws.

For instance, employees at a nuclear plant can bring guns onto company property in their vehicle, but can not bring them on site. Of course they provide armed security... right?

You need to get your facts straight.

Old 05-29-2023, 04:46 PM

835 posts, read 474,708 times
Quote:
Ihop can't make laws... they make rules, like any business. Maybe you need to review. Certain rules pertain to employees where you can be disciplined or terminated for violating company policy. Only law makers can make laws.

For instance, employees at a nuclear plant can bring guns onto company property in their vehicle, but can not bring them on site. Of course they provide armed security... right?

You need to get your facts straight.
I’m not here to debate what is and isn’t law. I just wanted to get you to admit that you follow rules whenever they fit your agenda, and break them when they don’t. Selective compliance you already admitted to, which I accomplished perfectly.

Your identity is already clearly displayed on your profile, and you readily admit that you plan to flout rules, law or not. If you’re going to break laws and rules, you might want to conceal your identity and activities a bit better than admitting them on a public forum read by millions. “Hey all you people! I’m breaking the rules over here!” Not exactly forward thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida