Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2021, 08:17 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,482,156 times

Advertisements

Numbers from Worldometers.info. Hospital numbers from Florida Hospital Association.

Date...............Total Cases.....Total Deaths....New Cases......New Deaths...Today's Tests
Thur 10/21...... 3,679,824.........58,608
Fri 10/22......... 3,681,830.........58,608...........2,006.......... ......NR............73,387

Fri 10/22 Hospitalizations 2,251 -60
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2021, 08:58 PM

Default Saturday 10/23/2021 Update-No Reports

Numbers from Worldometers.info. Hospital numbers from Florida Hospital Association.

Date...............Total Cases.....Total Deaths....New Cases......New Deaths...Today's Tests
Fri 10/22......... 3,681,830.........58,608
Sat 10/23........ 3,681,830.........58,608............NR............ ......NR.............NR

Sat 10/23 Hospitalizations NR

Old 10-25-2021, 05:55 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,420,786 times
Default DeSantis wants $5,000 bonus for unvaccinated police officers who relocate to Florida

Indicating no fear of increased COVID transmission by unvaccinated police officers, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis now wants a $5,000 bonus paid to them if they relocate to Florida.

<<Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) said Sunday that he is looking to enact legislation that will provide a $5,000 bonus to police officers to relocate to Florida, where they can avoid vaccine mandates.

DeSantis told host Maria Bartitomo on Fox News’s “Sunday Morning Futures” that Florida is “actively working” to recruit law enforcement officers from other states who are being fired for not getting the COVID-19 vaccine.>>

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ate-to-florida

Are Florida citizens excited by the prospect of interacting with police officers, who potentially may be both unvaccinated and unmasked in DeSantis' world of anti-science COVID public health policies? Are vaccinated Florida police officers excited by the prospect of working with such individuals?

Old 10-25-2021, 05:14 PM

417 posts, read 267,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Indicating no fear of increased COVID transmission by unvaccinated police officers, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis now wants a $5,000 bonus paid to them if they relocate to Florida.

<<Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) said Sunday that he is looking to enact legislation that will provide a $5,000 bonus to police officers to relocate to Florida, where they can avoid vaccine mandates.

DeSantis told host Maria Bartitomo on Fox News’s “Sunday Morning Futures” that Florida is “actively working” to recruit law enforcement officers from other states who are being fired for not getting the COVID-19 vaccine.>>

Are Florida citizens excited by the prospect of interacting with police officers, who potentially may be both unvaccinated and unmasked in DeSantis' world of anti-science COVID public health policies? Are vaccinated Florida police officers excited by the prospect of working with such individuals?
As a Florida citizen, yes, I welcome the police officers to Florida. I am vaccinated so I should not have to worry right? Isn't that why they told us to get the shot?
I support the Blue as I believe most Floridians do.

Does your hometown of Cleveland mandate vaccines for the Police? What I gather is they do not. So recruiting Police Officers to fill Florida positions is bad? The Florida public school districts do the same thing to recruit teachers and no one complains. Sounds like another partisan hit on DeSantis to me.

Speakling of Cleveland and Police, why is the crime rate going up there?
"As crime rises in Cleveland, what can be done to stop the violence?"

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/cr...b-0022b838db76

Old 10-25-2021, 06:21 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post

Don't break the law and you are unlikely to interact with a police officer. Try, as an example, just driving at the speed limit. If not .... your fault if you get pulled over by a police officer that has the virus and does not know it.

Old 10-25-2021, 06:35 PM

1,438 posts, read 778,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
Don't break the law and you are unlikely to interact with a police officer. Try, as an example, just driving at the speed limit. If not .... your fault if you get pulled over by a police officer that has the virus and does not know it.
Maybe cops should just not break the law and comply with vaccine mandates then. Especially since they have constant interactions with the public.

Old 10-25-2021, 08:10 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
And then there was the time in September 2020 when we got rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light and the cop who answered the traffic accident call couldn't bother to put on a mask....

Old 10-25-2021, 09:28 PM

Default Sunday 10/24/2021 Update

Sat 10/23........ 3,681,830.........58,608
Sun 10/24....... 3,685,289.........58,933..........3,459........... ....325..............NR

Sun 10/24 Hospitalizations NR

Old 10-26-2021, 06:20 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,420,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Allnut View Post
As a Florida citizen, yes, I welcome the police officers to Florida. I am vaccinated so I should not have to worry right? Isn't that why they told us to get the shot?
I support the Blue as I believe most Floridians do.

Does your hometown of Cleveland mandate vaccines for the Police? What I gather is they do not. So recruiting Police Officers to fill Florida positions is bad? The Florida public school districts do the same thing to recruit teachers and no one complains. Sounds like another partisan hit on DeSantis to me.

Speakling of Cleveland and Police, why is the crime rate going up there?
"As crime rises in Cleveland, what can be done to stop the violence?"

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/cr...b-0022b838db76
1) Ohio is controlled by Republicans. Gov. Mike DeWine does not aggressively promote pro science public health measures, but he also does not promote anti-science public health measures as does DeSantis.

2) Cleveland is not my hometown. I live in Greater Cleveland, of which Cleveland is a relatively small part of the population. Many of Cleveland's crime problems directly result from Republicans stripping it and other Ohio cities of their home rule rights to control guns. Ohio has extremely lenient gun control laws, likely not much different than in Florida, which negatively impacts economically distressed areas disproportionately.

3) The proper COVID comparison for Florida is California, which is a polar opposite of Florida given its pro science, stringent public health measures, including aggressive mask and vaccine mandates. As a result, as documented repeatedly in this thread, California has suppressed the COVID epidemic to a much greater extent than Florida.

4) DeSantis puppets believe any criticism of his policies is partisan and consequently invalid. The objective consequences of DeSantis policies as measured in deaths, cases (& incidence of long COVID), stress on hospitals, and family loss of mentors and breadwinners is much worse than in California, and yes, Ohio. Florida is ninth among U.S. states in deaths per million (Ohio 31, CA 35) and seventh in cases per million (OH 35, CA 40).

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us

Florida's statistics are very suspect. E.g., Florida doesn't include non-citizen residents in its statistics. Florida's case totals are suppressed by relatively low rates of testing. Florida is 25 in tests per million (CA 10, OH 41).

Old 10-26-2021, 03:11 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Maybe cops should just not break the law and comply with vaccine mandates then. Especially since they have constant interactions with the public.
What law?

Note; I am vaccinated and wear a mask anytime I am in a building with others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida