Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 08:55 AM

698 posts, read 2,840,876 times

Advertisements

What kind of barbaric idiots would do this? I would definitely start working the phones and get this poor animal some help asap!

Old 12-13-2006, 10:29 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,011,343 times
The one number I found to call was disconnected. There is a sort of humane society here but they do not have a phone number. The police are not a source of aid in this situation. You've got to understand, I live in a town of 5,000. It is very rural here and undoubtedly there are animals which have worse lives than he does.
He has adequate food and shelter, and believe me, it's not too hot where we are. I think that this is all that is required here--or all that is enforced. Obviously he gets very little human companionship and his only exercise is running around on his chain--which he does do. I just pet him, my dog says hi, and I like to think we brighten his day.

Old 12-13-2006, 03:19 PM

944 posts, read 3,847,189 times
Little girl pulls 10-inch knife on store clerk ...

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/watercooler/article.aspx?storyid=43737&s=f (broken link)

Old 12-13-2006, 04:47 PM

627 posts, read 2,849,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
Little girl pulls 10-inch knife on store clerk ...

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/watercooler/article.aspx?storyid=43737&s=f (broken link)
Where are the Parents of this child? Are they working Two jobs to keep their house, pay their taxes and insurance???

I know my 7 yr old Child would not be out on her bike at 9 pm all by herself going ANYPLACE!

Old 12-13-2006, 08:15 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,787,931 times
I am confused about this dog! Why is he chained up? I assume there are people that take care of him? Maybe you can speak with them? But there is ALWAYS a place to call for animal control! PLEASE call! And THANK YOU for looking out for him!!!

Chelito - again, I'm from NY! THERE you take public trans everywhere. THERE you have homeless people & freaks EVERYWHERE! THERE you have to watch your back! THERE people pull out guns on busses. THERE you don't look people in the eye. THERE you better know where you're going or look like you do! Etc etc...

HERE you get into your car & DRIVE everywhere! So where are the homeless & freaks on 95???!!!
YOU'RE IN YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!! You don't/can't walk around!
And actually, I lived on The Beach for 10 years & walked EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!
I walked home at 3AM every night from work in SOBE. I walked home at 2AM every night from work in mid beach. There were stories that the parking lot was not safe. Two people were killed & stuffed in a trunk. I didn't use the parking lot, yet...When we moved to Miami (golden glades area) I did. I heard people had headlights & stereos stolen. My car looks like that of someone who would do the stealing! Again, no prob there.
Granted, I am lucky. But life is a gamble. MANY people have been the victims of identity theft. Many people have had their homes destroyed in fires or hurricanes. Many people have been in accidents. This is ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! To see Miami as any different than any big city is crazy! EVERY city has good & bad areas! Sure maybe for the population we are right up there, but for the notoriety, '"glitz" & culture we're up there as well!
Ok - just looked - we have a BIGGER pop than St Louis!!!
Does anyone wanna guess the NUMBER ONE DANGEROUS CITY???
SAINT LOUIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Case CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by elfyum; 12-13-2006 at 08:47 PM..

Old 12-14-2006, 03:57 AM

This is a thread to share the worst of Florida. If you would like to share a positive story or photo, please visit the "Best of Florida" thread.

Last edited by Muggy; 12-14-2006 at 04:10 AM..

Old 12-14-2006, 09:28 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,587,680 times
Exclamation a few more-

Quote:
This is a thread to share the worst of Florida. If you would like to share a positive story or photo, please visit the "Best of Florida" thread.
Actually I am from NY but never saw a person being put in a body bag until the first year I was in FL- on Rte 1- random shooting. In daytime.

To be honest crime is everywhere- but its really just luck of the draw- my friend had her handbag stolen at the Boca mall- because she was holding her baby and distracted. Also in 2000- there was that elderly lady in front of "Rascals" in Boca- two guys jumped in a car, tried to get her bag- she held on and was dragged several blocks!

Re; that poor dog- animals get dehydrated in the heat alot faster than humans- it is inhumane to keep a dog chained like that.

Old 12-14-2006, 03:03 PM

I had never been on the scene of a fatal accident until I moved to Florida. I have been here one year and I have seen three. The worst was a pedestrian that was struck during rush hour on Gulf Blvd. in Madiera Beach. I was just following traffic (thought there was garbage in the road or something) and it turns out everyone was swerving around a dead person in the road.

At the same time I realized what was going on a Sheriff arrived.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:32 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,587,680 times
Quote:
I had never been on the scene of a fatal accident until I moved to Florida. I have been here one year and I have seen three. The worst was a pedestrian that was struck during rush hour on Gulf Blvd. in Madiera Beach. I was just following traffic (thought there was garbage in the road or something) and it turns out everyone was swerving around a dead person in the road.

At the same time I realized what was going on a Sheriff arrived.
Ugh- On Sunrise Dr-Ft Laud. I think was where the homeless guy was- (you know they hand out the newpapers) he was run over by a hit and run- and people were complaining they were late to get back to the office.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:47 PM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 432,532 times
Thumbs down This is the best thread on the FL forum! Why..?

Quote:
....BECAUSE IT IS ALL 100% TRUE!!

Please see my shot of lovely I-4 traffic attached herein. I am serious when I say it takes me 1h to 1 1/2 hours per trip to get to and from work. That adds up to 2h to 3 hours per day.

Today, it rained. OH MY GOD have mercy... when a drop of water falls from the sky, everybody drives at 5MPH on Interstate-4. Everyone starts honking then the NJ state salute goes out the window, someone starts yelling at the other guy..... very healthy. It takes me 1 1/2 hours just to drive 13 miles to and from work... f***ing insane!! This cannot be healthy for anyone... why the hell do people want to move down here and do this to themselves??!? Are you a sado-masochist or something? Or you come here, dreaming that everyday will be filled with happy Disney characters running on the streets? Or is it that you think escaping 3 months of snow will be worth all the crap and all the hassle?? Either way, dude you are crazy to move down here!!

Oh, to make matters worse, we have CHANGEABLE speed limit signs on I-4 (the main artery of Central Florida). Every end of the month (when the cops ticket quotas are due), they lower the speed limit which is usually 50mph to 35 or 40 and ticket away. I kid you not, ask people who go from downtown Orlando past the Princeton Street exit.

Ok, how is that fair to change the limit lal of a sudden? If you drive a certain speed limit every day and all of a sudden it is 40 and there are 10 bike cops with radar guns ticketing everyone??? It is a rip-off scheme. This is called the "backdoor state income tax". They collect so much in tickets, why do they need a state income tax? Right, they get plenty from tickets... man @ $250 a ticket (averaged out), you do the math.

FYI: A ticket for going 6 miles over the limit is going for $261.00. A F***ing rip-off, that is what it is. In most states, going 6 over is like $50.... (see attached pics of my last ticket (name blurred out so I will not be murdered by some angry realtor in this board). My cousin got a ticket for 15 miles over the limit and it was $380. Now, you will love the kicker... she was doing 60MPH on an INTERSTATE... now the speed limit at the interstate is 45MPH.... now, is that designed to screw people over or what?? What the hell is wrong with a 45MPH on a highway??? It should be 60!! I have driven to Texas and WY... Nebraska.... dude, even going through city limits, the speed limit on the highway is like 55 and above. In northern CO and souther WY, you go through cities and the limit is like 65mph. Only in FLORIDA you get ripped off with low speed limits on highways so cops can earn massive state revenue.

Oh and get this, my brother was shot at (not hit, a real miracle, they must have been high on crack to miss him - in a road rage type thing, which is very common here) in 2000 on Kirkman Road in Orlando (FYI, that is across from Universal Studios... you know where they have magical crap... anyways). The cops took 45 minutes to show up... the shooter who was in a old Honda Civic had been gone for 44 minutes. We heard from the detective on the case, we gave him the plate #, we had like 5 witnesses at Walgreens (surprise surprise, it was stolen car from Daytona Beach). Ok, the car was stolen so... how are we going to find the guys.... right, they got away clean!

The lead detective said the response time to all the 911 calls was delayed because officers were "tied-up" writting tickets and "responding to other calls". BS!! If the shooter and his buddy hadn't ran off after they shot at my bro, the cops would have only gotten there to get my bro's body.... sickening. You go ask for help from cops in Orlando... you won't get it man. Not in time. They are too busy writting suckers tickets. The state needs the revenue, if you die, it is too bad... your family pays for the funeral, not the state, so they keep all their profits.
Attached Thumbnails
The worst of Florida (photos and stories)!-i-4...-same-shit-everyday-grrrr.jpg  

Last edited by Christian11; 12-14-2006 at 10:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida