Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 01:26 PM

627 posts, read 2,849,612 times

Advertisements

These were taken just north of "The Villages" on the 3rd of Dec.

[CENTER]http://www.newandusedhomes.com/MO/BelleviewSummerfieldArea.jpg (broken link)

http://www.newandusedhomes.com/MO/OcalaDirty.jpg (broken link)[/CENTER]

Old 12-12-2006, 01:32 PM

111 posts, read 598,921 times
I wish I had a photo of Clearwater beach after Memorial Day weekend. I couldn't believe it. The whole beach looked like a dump. Clothes, trash, beer bottles, everything you could imagine lying everywhere. My wife and I were floored.
Then there's the time some woman rolled down her window during a stop light somewhere near 66th and Park blvd and threw out a large grocery sack! Both episodes when we first moved into Florida. I thought to live in Pinellas county you had to sport a tattoo, no shirt, long hair, suntanned to crisp, and smoke. Glad we moved from Pinellas park....what a dump! Just my opinion...sorry folks!

Old 12-12-2006, 01:33 PM

Default New Section of Marion Oaks.

This new photo is taken on SW 36th in Marion Oaks' "Pine Eden Village", this neglected community park is actually in better shape than many others in this fine community!!

[CENTER]http://www.newandusedhomes.com/MO/MarionOaksComPark.jpg (broken link)[/CENTER]
[RIGHT]PS: homes in this neighborhood are ranging in the $220K + $290 range.[/RIGHT]

Old 12-12-2006, 01:43 PM

Smile Big Scrub Area

[CENTER]Now, Aren't these some very VERY creative and inventive folks here?!
Just look at the Trampoline they made!!!
Two twin bed frames and One kings size mattress make for tons of fun for the Young'uns!
WEEEEEEEEEEEE!

http://www.newandusedhomes.com/32784/Umatilla06.jpg (broken link)[/CENTER]

Old 12-12-2006, 01:48 PM

612 posts, read 2,778,712 times
Here's my farewell to Florida story.

Three days before we moved this girl stopped at our house saying she was from cat rescue. My neighbors and I had been feeding four stray kittens for about five months. My next door neighbor called around and said that I was moving and abandoning my animals (my other neighbors were going to take up the feeding full time after I left). I already have 200 pounds of dogs and two cats of my own. I thought I was being a good citizen, we live on a very quiet street, most of my neighbors didn't care about them and fed them themselves. Well, since this $%^&* reported MY name, apparently they became only my responsibility. Yes, there is some law that says if you provide food for any animal more than 13 days, legally it is you responsibility. The girl made me feel so bad, she said I could either pay to board them, pay other crazy stuff, or have them put to sleep. Well, either that or they would put a warrant out for my arrest for leaving them.

I love animals so what did I wind up having to do?

Buy four cat carriers at $25 each.

Pay for testing and shots at $60 each.

Give a $100 donation for cat food so they could be fed until they found homes.

I never was so upset, I love animals but Florida 'law' has made sure I will only ever help my own again.

Maybe later I'll write about trying to get my deposit back on my chlorine jugs I had for four year from Pinch a Penny. Everyone is out to make a buck off someone else in Florida.

Old 12-12-2006, 04:00 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlh891 View Post
Here's my farewell to Florida story.

Three days before we moved this girl stopped at our house saying she was from cat rescue. My neighbors and I had been feeding four stray kittens for about five months. My next door neighbor called around and said that I was moving and abandoning my animals (my other neighbors were going to take up the feeding full time after I left). I already have 200 pounds of dogs and two cats of my own. I thought I was being a good citizen, we live on a very quiet street, most of my neighbors didn't care about them and fed them themselves. Well, since this $%^&* reported MY name, apparently they became only my responsibility. Yes, there is some law that says if you provide food for any animal more than 13 days, legally it is you responsibility. The girl made me feel so bad, she said I could either pay to board them, pay other crazy stuff, or have them put to sleep. Well, either that or they would put a warrant out for my arrest for leaving them.

I love animals so what did I wind up having to do?

Buy four cat carriers at $25 each.

Pay for testing and shots at $60 each.

Give a $100 donation for cat food so they could be fed until they found homes.

I never was so upset, I love animals but Florida 'law' has made sure I will only ever help my own again.

Maybe later I'll write about trying to get my deposit back on my chlorine jugs I had for four year from Pinch a Penny. Everyone is out to make a buck off someone else in Florida.

Everyone out to make a buck----lololol so true. Nowhere else wouldd the following happen:

1.) You drive to a Publix parking lot, at the time I had my older Mercedes- a dent on the side. Two undesirables in broad daylight approach - mumbling they fix cars and did I want their help. (They were on some kind of drug).

2.) I worked in Ft Laud. for Florida state mediation; the building had no security (well it did but they were out eating grits) Three individuals gained access to the building riffed through judges paperwork and stole lists of social security numbers.

3. A friend I knew was fired because she wore her hair too "stylishly" (she was a smart, efficient Jamaican woman)

4. The insignia is ripped off your Mercedes because gangs use it for jewelry.

5. An elderly man passes out at T-Rex Corp Ctr because the company refused to fix the a/c.

6. If you are walking on the beach near a deserted area, in broad daylight, beware, a man may attempt to pick you up or flash you. There are no police nearby.

These are all true-
sunny

Old 12-12-2006, 04:13 PM

944 posts, read 3,848,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
1.) mumbling they fix cars...

Yeah, what's up with that? There are so many oddities I forget ones like that. That's happened to me on several occasions in the South St. Pete area. I'd be fueling up and guys would circle the pumps yelling, "I can fix your car, buddy!!"

(My car doesn't need any repair.)

Old 12-12-2006, 04:15 PM

TEAM_REDTIDE.JPG (broken link)

here is a copy from hurricane floyd

Old 12-12-2006, 04:20 PM

Exclamation hey Muggy-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
Yeah, what's up with that? There are so many oddities I forget ones like that. That's happened to me on several occasions in the South St. Pete area. I'd be fueling up and guys would circle the pumps yelling, "I can fix your car, buddy!!"

(My car doesn't need any repair.)
yeah- it is a strange one- either he was trying to mug me- or just OD'ing on oxycontin-lol

here's another choice one (broad daylight) a woman walking on Deerfield Beach Blvd (lots of traffic) with soiled slacks-(this was in the business district) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean wow- you dont see that in NYC!.

Old 12-12-2006, 04:29 PM

[IMG]forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=117116[/IMG]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida