Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 05:39 PM

2,414 posts, read 2,986,472 times

Advertisements

Today's love was picking blueberries. Yes, in the hot June sun. A gallon of yummy blueberries. Mmmmmm!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 04:33 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,305,105 times
Sunshine here lots more than in Buffalo NY , beaches, rivers , lakes , dolphins. Sea turtles , manatees .... Yep paradise for a NY retiree for sure, at least my wife and I

Old 06-15-2015, 05:49 AM

4,023 posts, read 3,797,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
^^^ Good choice, PDF. I think you will really like Raleigh.
This last winter did not do much for my love of Raleigh. I thought it would never end. Some miles on I95 gave me relief during it. Now winter is obviously over. Sarasota has hit 100 once ever since they started recording temps. Raleigh might hit that twice this week. I was outside most of the weekend. I love the heat and I don't think living in it (retirement plan; not all that far away) will change that.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:47 AM

98 posts, read 291,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
As much as I want to "love" Florida, there are sights that bother me and I wished they'd have done a better job in planning. Eyesores everywhere - here US 19, Clearwater.
Looks like that in every city. Just depends on where you go and if you are in a business district or not.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:51 AM

98 posts, read 291,230 times
Absolutely never get tired of the Florida weather. If I need some cold weather, I travel to it and can't wait to get back to Florida when the trip is over. I grew up in the cold and spent a week in Florida many years. I dreaded heading back home to the cold and snow. Definitely don't need 4 seasons.

Old 06-15-2015, 04:46 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,688,437 times
I've lived in all three counties in south FL and I think I enjoyed living in Palm Beach County the most, specifically Delray Beach and Boca Raton. Loved living there, loved the access to Miami and the keys, loved the "upscale" and clean feel to it, plus the super cute downtown Delray.

In Broward, I lived in Tamarac, Coconut Creek, Fort lauderdale, and Hollywood. I enjoyed living in all four areas as well.

Now, I live in Miami and like it the least of all the places I've lived in FL. It's not that I hate it, but it's definitely more congested then the other areas I live. There always seems to be traffic, long lines, rude people everywhere, etc etc.
But u know what? At the end of the Day Miami has so much to offer from nightlife to restaurants to natural beauty and some fantastic neighborhoods and beaches.

I've visited SW FL often and I love sanibel and Sarasota, specifically Lido and Siesta Key.... Tho I would not want to live there... I ALWAYS enjoy visiting. Florida is such a diverse and beautiful state. I'm glad that I live here in spite of it's sometimes weird news headlines and oddballs and nut cases.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:35 AM

103 posts, read 230,478 times
I am a Florida native but lived in CT for 24 years. While I enjoyed the beauty of the CT coast line and the fun that NYC had to offer, I am so beyond happy to be back in Florida. I got so tired of the dreary & freezing winters. I love the weather, the palm trees, the amazing flowers, the natural springs with their clear water, and the Gulf of Mexico. Not to mention that Florida has a laid back vibe that I absolutely love. I feel grateful to live in a place that makes me feel like I'm on vacation on a daily basis!

Old 04-06-2022, 10:37 AM

8 posts, read 4,669 times
Moved back to Florida after having to take care of some things in a different state and let me tell you I've never been happier. There no other place like it!

Old 04-06-2022, 10:55 AM

3,429 posts, read 2,398,938 times
It's not Texas, Kansas, or Idaho.

I've said for years - if the Villages were in West Virginia I would've been in love with it. As it stands, I like the Villages, and I still hate that it's in Florida.

Old 04-06-2022, 11:28 AM

2,408 posts, read 1,525,991 times
This beach and fishing pier are less than 5 miles from my house. Unless it has been stormy, the water is crystal clear. I got a small home on a pond for under $100K last year. In a beach town. Less than 5 miles to the Gulf. I never get tired of living at the beach.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida