Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 03:05 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,840,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemba View Post
An unattractive woman wearing short shorts would still get nowhere the negative attention than the most attractive man would.
True. Why do we have to put up with seeing fat women in cellulite where shorts riding up their asses, whereas even men with nicely toned legs can't show them off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 03:08 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,840,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Well since you are 60 I can understand why your point of view is different, you are from a differentdifferent generation, I must say that your kind is unfortunately a dying breed, (absolutely no pun intended), men's sex appeal seems to be a dying breed too. It seems like men are expected to cover up more and more, sometimes I wonder if the day will come when all we see from men will be their face and hands. I will gladly stay home when that happens.
Seriously bro, it's true. The male form is being desexualised. I read some comments about whether women find the naked male body sexy, and many were even disgusted by it...supposedly 'straight' women. Imagine if a man said, 'I find most women gross' what would women think? And men are supposed to be okay with this?

I mean even if we try to epilate, women seem against it, I think deep down they just don't want us to 'compete' with them and want men to be these un-erotic neanderthals, who are only erotic because of what he can do FOR her.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:25 AM

15,880 posts, read 21,488,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemba View Post
An unattractive woman wearing short shorts would still get nowhere the negative attention than the most attractive man would.
I'm surprised at how many are agreeing with you here. That's absolutely not my perception. I see many more snickers are stares at larger women wearing shorts (and not even short shorts) than I have ever seen at men wearing shorter shorts.

But then again, I don't know where you all live where the baggy capris-but-pretending-to-be-shorts look has been popular in the last 5-10 years. That was already out of style when I graduated from high school in 2006!

What I see most (and what I prefer) are shorts that are an inch or two above the knee and fitted. Midthigh or above is as unattractive to me as baggy and below the knee - but of course, so are a lot of other fashions that I don't give much of a second thought to.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:19 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,697,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I'm surprised at how many are agreeing with you here. That's absolutely not my perception. I see many more snickers are stares at larger women wearing shorts (and not even short shorts) than I have ever seen at men wearing shorter shorts.

But then again, I don't know where you all live where the baggy capris-but-pretending-to-be-shorts look has been popular in the last 5-10 years. That was already out of style when I graduated from high school in 2006!

What I see most (and what I prefer) are shorts that are an inch or two above the knee and fitted. Midthigh or above is as unattractive to me as baggy and below the knee - but of course, so are a lot of other fashions that I don't give much of a second thought to.
I believe the thread is about mid thigh and shorter shorts, not 1 or 2 inches above the knee. I think what you describe "an inch or two above the knee and fitted" are "board shorts". Still, nowhere as good at keeping you cool or giving freedom of movement as shorter lengths.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:32 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,636,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post

I live in eastern Virginia and it seems that those huge baggy shorts reaching down half the calf are everywhere here and this is a very military area so there is a lot of people from all over the country and the world so there is plenty of diversity here and that style of big baggy shorts is alive and well.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:40 PM

784 posts, read 1,984,694 times
Quote:
I live in eastern Virginia and it seems that those huge baggy shorts reaching down half the calf are everywhere here and this is a very military area so there is a lot of people from all over the country and the world so there is plenty of diversity here and that style of big baggy shorts is alive and well.
I think we are stuck with the big and baggy shorts for ever, very unfortunately! I am actually not against people liking the big and baggy shorts, just against not having a choice in the matter.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:35 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,080,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Seriously bro, it's true. The male form is being desexualised. I read some comments about whether women find the naked male body sexy, and many were even disgusted by it...supposedly 'straight' women. Imagine if a man said, 'I find most women gross' what would women think? And men are supposed to be okay with this?

I mean even if we try to epilate, women seem against it, I think deep down they just don't want us to 'compete' with them and want men to be these un-erotic neanderthals, who are only erotic because of what he can do FOR her.
I don't think the male form is being desexualized, just look at Dancing With The Stars, TV shows, films, etc. that always take every opportunity for a man to take his shirt off. It's all about men having a six pack now.....something we didn't hear much about in my day. It's men's legs which seem to have become taboo for some strange reason I will never understand.

I don't think today's young women are against men shaving and waxing. In my day men never dreamed of shaving their chests.....now it seems all men do it. WHY? It's effeminate, IMO.

And, nowadays, both men and women are expected to shave their pubic hair.....what's up with that?.......making men and women resemble pre teens? Kinda creepy.....why would you want your sexual partner to resemble a child down there? ICK.

People say men wearing mid thigh shorts is gay.....yet a man shaving off all of his body hair isn't?

Old 05-07-2014, 12:52 AM

102,258 posts, read 108,238,692 times
Quote:
You know when I read some of these posts and women say they don't find men's legs attractive,
Some men's legs are very attractive! Young tall men have very nice legs.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:55 AM

102,258 posts, read 108,238,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I don't think the male form is being desexualized, just look at Dancing With The Stars, TV shows, films, etc. that always take every opportunity for a man to take his shirt off. It's all about men having a six pack now.....something we didn't hear much about in my day. It's men's legs which seem to have become taboo for some strange reason I will never understand.

I don't think today's young women are against men shaving and waxing. In my day men never dreamed of shaving their chests.....now it seems all men do it. WHY? It's effeminate, IMO.

And, nowadays, both men and women are expected to shave their pubic hair.....what's up with that?.......making men and women resemble pre teens? Kinda creepy.....why would you want your sexual partner to resemble a child down there? ICK.

People say men wearing mid thigh shorts is gay.....yet a man shaving off all of his body hair isn't?
haha, good post! Especially the bit about the public hair. I've seen a number of discussions in online forums where young men say they prefer women with public hair, and they don't like this waxing fad. Yeah, it seems creepy to make women's pubic area look like a child's. ew.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:08 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,636,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Some men's legs are very attractive! Young tall men have very nice legs.
Oh so now attractive men's legs are reserved for the privileged few young and tall ah? Well in that case I guess I'm screwed because I am not young and certainly not tall. Oh well I have what Mother Nature gave me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty