Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 08:48 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Because short shorts are tight as heck and would squeeze a mans "sweet spot".

I would never consider wearing one. Looser fitting shorts dangling below the knees are much more comfortable. Women like to see a guy relaxed and cool, not suffer squeezed into 2 sets of "underpants" .

Spoiler
I don't think women look nice either when they wear super tight and crazy short shorts when its hot and humid. What a horrific feeling it mush be under those shorts trapping all the sweat . Don't know why they do it. There are more comfortable ways to show off skin. Maybe women don't sweat as much in the summer.
In the picture I posted the shorter shorts weren't "tight as heck". They look pretty comfortable.....and cool....to me.

Compare the two pictures.....who is going to be cooler?

There is a happy medium between skin tight and baggy, for both men and women.

And, this woman thinks shorts below the knees make men's legs look awful.

If a man has a nice set of legs.....this woman appreciates seeing them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 09:05 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemba View Post
The weird thing is that some of these women are old enough to remember when men really did wear short shorts and it was fashionable.
Indeed, and most women thought it was sexy to watch guys like Jimmy Connors and Borg play tennis in shorts that were tight and short.
Heck look at all the NBA players who always wore short shorts.

Lets face it, it makes no sense for guys who want to wear something cool during the hot summer, to practically wear long pants that pass for shorts today.
Yet the brainwashing of fashion has convinced guys and women as well, to think shorts must look ghetto by being baggy and down below the knee in some cases.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:09 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,628,268 times
I worked at a tourist spot this summer and I was appalled at how many dudes wore above the knee shorts. It's not a good look guys. It's too feminine. Homosexuals love it. But other than that, just stick to real shorts that fall directly on the knees or slightly underneath. Guys aren't supposed to accentuate their legs.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I will never understand why young women think this:

looks better than this:

I will never understand it. How anyone can think the shorts in the first picture are flattering is unbelievable. They are the ones that are laughable, IMO.
Good example with the ghetto shorts vs. Tom Selleck in Magnum PI with shorts even above mid thigh. Maybe with the push for men to look less masculine and more metro-sexual, the fashion industry does not want to see hair on a mans leg.

I for one will never look like a wigger/fool wearing so called shorts that will go below my knees. That look came from the ghetto, and it can stay there as far as I am concerned. Mid thigh Dockers is about as long a short as I will ever wear.

`

Old 11-10-2013, 09:19 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,798,952 times
Because they think that it looks gay?

Old 11-10-2013, 09:20 PM

687 posts, read 1,494,817 times
Consider the source and remember that many young women have been raised with the idea that a crotch hanging to the knees is somehow attractive. Just a year ago my son's friends were talking about "high knee" shorts (worn well above the knee) and how much cooler and more comfortable they were. These were hip 18-year-olds, so maybe there's hope that they'll be back in fashion soon. Some women will continue to point and giggle at men who dress nice and neat because they prefer the slobs look.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I worked at a tourist spot this summer and I was appalled at how many dudes wore above the knee shorts. It's not a good look guys. It's too feminine. Homosexuals love it. But other than that, just stick to real shorts that go beneath the knees. Guys aren't supposed to accentuate their legs.
What?

So for most of the modern era guys wearing shorts like in Tennis and the NBA looked feminine/homo?

As far as accentuating anything, I really do not wear shorts to look good or bad. Living in south Florida, it gets hot as hell, and I will be damned if I am going to practically wear long pants to cover up my legs.
If anything, I remember the only guys wearing super long shorts (aside from those in the ghetto) were guys who wanted to cover their chicken looking legs. Also if your theory held true, then guys would still be wearing athletic tube socks like in the NBA that came up to their knees. With those and long shorts below the knee, men needn't ever show any part of their legs at all.

`

Old 11-10-2013, 09:29 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,628,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
As far as accentuating anything, I really do not wear shorts to look good or bad. Living in south Florida, it gets hot as hell, and I will be damned if I am going to practically wear long pants to cover up my legs.
If anything, I remember the only guys wearing super long shorts (aside from those in the ghetto) were guys who wanted to cover their chicken looking legs. Also if your theory held true, then guys would still be wearing athletic tube socks like in the NBA that came up to their knees. With those and long shorts below the knee, men needn't ever show any part of their legs at all.
Well I'm from south FL too and I never wore shorts like those. I wore shorts that went beneath my knees but not too far that it looked ghetto. My style was pretty clean cut. I just don't think it's a good look at any extreme. Too short above the knees or too low beneath.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:38 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Good example with the ghetto shorts vs. Tom Selleck in Magnum PI with shorts even above mid thigh. Maybe with the push for men to look less masculine and more metro-sexual, the fashion industry does not want to see hair on a mans leg.

I for one will never look like a wigger/fool wearing so called shorts that will go below my knees. That look came from the ghetto, and it can stay there as far as I am concerned. Mid thigh Dockers is about as long a short as I will ever wear.

`
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Because they think that it looks gay?
Glad you brought up body hair, Victor.

What is it with men shaving off all their body hair nowadays?

How feminizing and gay is that?

Old 11-11-2013, 01:29 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,776,914 times
There are two Americas, now. In White, Middle-to-Upper-Class America, shorts above the knee are perfectly acceptable. Colors in menswear are acceptable. Well-fitted clothes are acceptable. In fact, the trend among the higher classes of athletic young white guys is for shorter shorts. It sets them apart from "thuggish" guys.

For the "others" (people in bad neighborhoods, or people who belong in bad neighborhoods), long shorts, shapeless clothing, and colorless grey/black clothing seems to reflect fearfulness and insecurity. All of the current Body Image hyper-insecurity in lower class males (including the white ones) is symptomatic of deteriorating social conditions and changing demographics in America.

Believe me: if there's truly a "majority" of young women where you live, who disapprove of above-the-knee shorts, they're the kind of women whose brothers think it's cool to push dogs into the street, to be run-over. In other words, you need a change of address, not a change in your clothing. And by "young", are you thinking in terms of still in highschool? Highschool girls live in extremely small worlds, totally ruled by conformity. Their opinions are utterly valueless. Just comfort yourself with the sure knowledge that those little skanks will soon be on welfare, and ballooning to two and three hundred pounds - within the next decade. It's amazing how quickly women like that become unattractive and over-the-hill. Fried food and sugary sodas will make their skin bad. They'll be so ugly and pitiful and unwanted... Let them have their little laughs while they can. Very soon, they'll know nothing but sadness and desperation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty