Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2024, 02:38 PM

402 posts, read 280,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I dont think management cares.

I work out at LA Fitness. Worked out at The Edge and Crunch Fitness and the same thing.
They don't. They are kids who are there to socialize and let their friends in for free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2024, 05:58 AM

9,473 posts, read 8,456,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyYa80s View Post
They don't. They are kids who are there to socialize and let their friends in for free.
Unfortunately this is the case at most LAFs. Just some teens/early 20something at the desk alone and they are in no position to enforce any rules. If you go to the club's manager, they will ask for "proof" for whatever transgressions you're complaining about and when you tell them you and several other people witnessed it first-hand and to check their cameras they will claim the cameras aren't on and that word of mouth isn't proof.

Old 04-30-2024, 06:26 AM

The people who sit on a machine/bench/rack for over and hour and do the same exercise 30-50 times. I cannot for the life of me understand how any reasonable person would think that is effective in any way, shape or form. But we have a few each and every morning who, once on that machine/bench/rack, it's taken for the entire morning.

Old 05-08-2024, 06:11 AM

So the cologne thing has been discussed here repeatedly; however, today's candidate takes it to an entirely different level.

New guy at the gym, one of those body hair shaving, muscle shirt stare-at-himself-in-the-mirror-between-sets gym bros. I hadn't paid much attention to him until today. I was in the cable machine area to start off with and suddenly was overcome with what smelled like old lady perfume that was so overwhelming I had to hold a towel over my nose. Looked around and the only person anywhere near me was gym bro who was about 20 feet away getting a drink at the drinking fountain. I kept thinking "no way he's got THAT much cologne on, I must be smelling something else." Sure enough gym bro walks through the cable row machines to go to a machine next to mine and now I know what smelling salt must do for those boxers who get knocked out and need to be awoken through smells. It was the most overwhelming, nauseating, pungent smell I have ever had the displeasure of smelling in a gym facility in my life. A younger girl came to the machine next to him, paused and turned around and left. I had to cut that exercise short it was so strong.

Later I was on a bench doing dummbell work and he came FIVE benches down from me and I began to smell it again. This wasn't just a passing smell either, this was complete napalm. For someone to have that kind of smell on them, he must have put nearly an entire bottle on him in the early a.m. And this wasn't even good smelling cologne. If you've ever seen The Anchorman Ron Burgandy, this is "Sex Panther" but in real life.

I'm home now and can still smell it. Like it's made it's way into my nasal cavity now and is permanently burned into my brain.

Old 05-08-2024, 08:23 AM

22,413 posts, read 29,556,866 times
That's just like the smelly lady at my gym!!!! You can smell her almost 20 feet away and it's not good perfume!!!!

Old 05-08-2024, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
That's just like the smelly lady at my gym!!!! You can smell her almost 20 feet away and it's not good perfume!!!!
I mean on some level I can maaaaaybe understand an older person dousing themselves with too much perfume/cologne as their sense of smell may be diminished and they might not know how strong they smell (my Grandma was guilty of that too, you could smell her a mile away, lol). But these younger dudes are equating the gym to a nightclub and wearing it to try and attract the opposite sex by doing that. Even if you have terrible B.O. the cologne just makes you smell like cheap cologne AND B.O.

Old 05-11-2024, 12:13 AM

1,964 posts, read 710,550 times
Well I take a Dance Fitness class in the gym building at a community college. It's for 50 and over. We have a very good teacher who is a talented dancer. I wish the room we are in was more private. The doors are left open because it gets hot and there is a second floor that has windows where you can look down and see inside the classroom. The college kids
walk by and oftentimes - act like jerks! One female college student actually walked in and did some of the dance moves for
a few minutes. They think they are being "funny" but they're just obnoxious. They'll sometimes tap the glass, laugh and snicker, mimic the dance moves as they walk by.

It's like we're in a zoo but the animals are on the other side of the cage!

Old 05-11-2024, 08:45 AM

22,413 posts, read 29,556,866 times
The two old "bro's" every morning who hug each other like they haven't seen each other in months. I'm sure they talk to each other 40 times a day. Both have that hard pregnant belly. Then they have 30 min conversations with each other holding up machines. They talk so loud that you can hear them from across the gym with your headphones on. One day I'm going to just tell them to S T F U!!!

Old 05-12-2024, 11:24 AM

5,433 posts, read 3,531,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
The two old "bro's" every morning who hug each other like they haven't seen each other in months. I'm sure they talk to each other 40 times a day. Both have that hard pregnant belly. Then they have 30 min conversations with each other holding up machines. They talk so loud that you can hear them from across the gym with your headphones on. One day I'm going to just tell them to S T F U!!!
I now go to Lifetime Fitness. It's very nice but the loud overhead music is very annoying and people having conversations have to scream to each other to be heard. We have complained but the manger says "Studies show that gym goers prefer music at that level". I call bull. If anything will get me to leave this gym for another it's how loud the music is. I can even hear it (and the conversations) over my headphones.

Old 05-13-2024, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
I now go to Lifetime Fitness. It's very nice but the loud overhead music is very annoying and people having conversations have to scream to each other to be heard. We have complained but the manger says "Studies show that gym goers prefer music at that level". I call bull. If anything will get me to leave this gym for another it's how loud the music is. I can even hear it (and the conversations) over my headphones.
At a previous gym, it was quite small and generally there were never more than 10-15 people in there at any given time. A few younger guys were regulars in there every early a.m. and one day they somehow figured out how to connect their phones to the gym speakers through Bluetooth. They had to get up on a ladder and fiddle with the speakers that were 15 feet high on the wall. Their music of choice was rap music complete with F-bombs and every curse word in the book. Honestly it didn't bother me as I always had my own headphones on but the minute a trainer came into the gym they'd immediately turn it off and look around incensed trying to figure out who was connecting to it. This went on for several months until the younger guys left the gym.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness