Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2024, 12:50 PM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times

Advertisements

Bunch of new elderly couples in the gym today doing things completely wrong and way to heavy of weight. I thought this old guy was going to croak right in front of me doing bicep curls on a machine. He was bright red
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2024, 01:37 PM

6,699 posts, read 5,926,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Not trying to be argumentative but do you feel the same way about public pools? If everyone was required to shower before entering that would make for a pretty empty pool most summer days.

Personally I'd rather take a kick to the nether-regions than to go sit in some small sauna with a bunch of (nude) men but that's just me.
Are you a guy?

Anyway, yeah, I think you're supposed to wash off before getting in the public pool. Anyway that's the rule at our local town pool. Does everyone do it? Nope. But it's posted and there's an outdoor shower thing right there.

Old 01-08-2024, 06:52 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,351,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Are you a guy?

Anyway, yeah, I think you're supposed to wash off before getting in the public pool. Anyway that's the rule at our local town pool. Does everyone do it? Nope. But it's posted and there's an outdoor shower thing right there.
100% hetero male, yes. Not into sitting in hot tubs with nude men or even if they're in swim trunks I'm not going to sit in a small pool of water with a bunch of strangers, that's just weird to me. If I really wanted to lay in a hot tub of water I'd go home and fill up my own private/sanitized tub and soak in it alone.

BTW, the outdoor showers at pools are there to rinse off after you swim. The chlorine takes care of the bacteria in the pool. There would be zero need to rinse off in a shower before you jump into a chlorinated pool unless you just soiled yourself or something drastic.

Old 01-08-2024, 07:39 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,046,464 times
Quote:
100% hetero male, yes. Not into sitting in hot tubs with nude men or even if they're in swim trunks I'm not going to sit in a small pool of water with a bunch of strangers, that's just weird to me. If I really wanted to lay in a hot tub of water I'd go home and fill up my own private/sanitized tub and soak in it alone.

BTW, the outdoor showers at pools are there to rinse off after you swim. The chlorine takes care of the bacteria in the pool. There would be zero need to rinse off in a shower before you jump into a chlorinated pool unless you just soiled yourself or something drastic.
I agree.

Old 01-09-2024, 06:20 AM

The Hair Flipper. 20something gym bro shows up daily in literally the same exact outfit and flips his super long hair back about once every 10 seconds and quickly scans around to see who's watching that 'cool' behavior. He came up next to me this morning and seemingly purposely reached down to the floor for various reasons to give himself an excuse to do the hair flip motion like Eddie Van Halen circa 1988 over and over and over again obsessively.

Old 01-09-2024, 06:24 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times
I hate it when these old men put too much weight on their machines and work so hard they start dropping their body fluids on the machine than leave the machine without cleaning their sweat off it. Yuk!

Old 01-09-2024, 06:45 AM

6,699 posts, read 5,926,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhornet View Post
The people who smell like weed.

The people who steel the equipment; plates, cable handles, etc.

Only happens at gyms in a certain county; so I go to other locations.
I go to an upscale gym and even there, there's some theft. There's signs everywhere saying "lock up your stuff, don't leave valuables in your car, we are not responsible, blah blah blah".

I haven't had anything go missing except this one time, someone took my dirty, sweaty gym shorts off the hook outside the steam room... why??? I loved those shorts.

I'm always searching for those barbell clamps to hold the plates; there's never enough of them. A trainer told me people steal them. Then they reorder some, and gradually they go missing again. What the actual? You can buy the simple spring clips for as low as $2. Even the fancier plastic quick-release ones are like $5 or $6. I have to assume the towels also need to be restocked regularly but I haven't inquired about that.

Old 01-09-2024, 07:23 AM

Quote:
I go to an upscale gym and even there, there's some theft. There's signs everywhere saying "lock up your stuff, don't leave valuables in your car, we are not responsible, blah blah blah".

I haven't had anything go missing except this one time, someone took my dirty, sweaty gym shorts off the hook outside the steam room... why??? I loved those shorts.

I'm always searching for those barbell clamps to hold the plates; there's never enough of them. A trainer told me people steal them. Then they reorder some, and gradually they go missing again. What the actual? You can buy the simple spring clips for as low as $2. Even the fancier plastic quick-release ones are like $5 or $6. I have to assume the towels also need to be restocked regularly but I haven't inquired about that.
At a 24 Hour Fitness I actually had someone break into my locked locker and steal my cash and credit cards from my wallet. Actually broke my lock somehow and carefully put it back in place so it didn't look broken. Clearly someone was watching me and knew I came in my work clothes so they probably figured I had my wallet with me. Lesson learned, from that day on I keep my wallet locked in my car.

Old 01-09-2024, 11:31 AM

33,225 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:

My gym has a cubby board next to the front desk where you can put your keys. And surprisingly many people use it. The keys are just lying there out in the open and could easily be stolen. I keep my keys with me in my pocket when I'm working out.

The spring clips at my gym are kept at the front desk and you have to ask for them.

Old 01-09-2024, 11:37 AM

33,225 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
At a 24 Hour Fitness I actually had someone break into my locked locker and steal my cash and credit cards from my wallet. Actually broke my lock somehow and carefully put it back in place so it didn't look broken. Clearly someone was watching me and knew I came in my work clothes so they probably figured I had my wallet with me. Lesson learned, from that day on I keep my wallet locked in my car.
I keep my wallet in the back pocket of my workout shorts when I'm working out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness