Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2024, 10:02 AM

8,856 posts, read 6,851,017 times

Advertisements

Yeah, people with fragile egos do tend to be annoying at the gym. I'm picturing an oversized pickup truck here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2024, 05:55 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,351,427 times
The leg press machines are always taken at my gym, today there was literally a line of people waiting to use one of the two leg presses. I saw they were taken and did some other leg exercises. Come back to check and see if one was open and quickly realized why it was taking so long, dude had dumbbells on the leg press machine and was doing tricep extensions......on the LEG PRESS machine.

Is it time for the resolutioners to go back to being the lazy sacks they are and no longer coming to the gym? Please?

Old 01-31-2024, 09:35 AM

10,346 posts, read 8,561,064 times
We had one guy who wore red and would ask what gang you,were with.
He constantly threw weights and barbells across the gym.
He threatened an old man who reported him and he got thrown out.

A year later he comes back and is all roided out. But he is quiet and keeps to himself mostly. Well until he didn’t

He argued with a teen age boy and the boy went and got his dad and a few friends and jumped him in the locker room. They beat him pretty badly. Haven’t seen him since. Either embarrassed and back in jail for violating probation?

Old 01-31-2024, 10:05 AM

6,699 posts, read 5,926,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
We had one guy who wore red and would ask what gang you,were with.
He constantly threw weights and barbells across the gym.
He threatened an old man who reported him and he got thrown out.

A year later he comes back and is all roided out. But he is quiet and keeps to himself mostly. Well until he didn’t

He argued with a teen age boy and the boy went and got his dad and a few friends and jumped him in the locker room. They beat him pretty badly. Haven’t seen him since. Either embarrassed and back in jail for violating probation?
I think we have a winner!

Old 01-31-2024, 10:09 AM

19,613 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Are some of these gyms in the middle of the hood or something? Sounds like the wild west. Not worth a workout if they management doesn't maintain control or provide a safe environment for members.

Old 01-31-2024, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
I think we have a winner!
haha agree! Suddenly 98% of our gym stories here pale in comparison to this!

Old 01-31-2024, 10:30 AM

19,613 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Smallfoot. Smallfoot is a normal height male (5'10"-ish) who is only at the gym on weekends. Smallfoot will do about 3 or 4 reps of one exercise then do a circle around the gym so you can't help but notice him as he's always walking near or in front of you over and over dozens of times. Smallfoot has what look like size 4 shoes, never seen a grown man with such small feet before. I always say I'm thankful I'm not short or bald but I'd also like to add not having feet the size of most 10 year olds to that list as well.

If I had such tiny feet, I'd be wearing size 10s and just stuffing them full of kleenex or something to fill in that space, lol.
As long as he doesn't teeter I guess.

I remember this sitcom years ago which did not last very long, one of the characters was an attractive man but his one flaw was tiny feet which he hid. When he exposed his feet to a woman she was very turned off. She asked how he disguised them and he said he wore prosthetic socks.

Old 01-31-2024, 08:23 PM

1,216 posts, read 507,315 times
Everybody is annoying because they are checked out with headphones and phones. There's no awareness.

Old 02-01-2024, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
Everybody is annoying because they are checked out with headphones and phones. There's no awareness.
Funny but I find the people without headphones generally to be the most annoying as they're at the gym to socialize and interrupt those of us who are there to get in a quick workout. There are exceptions of course.

Old 02-01-2024, 06:17 AM

Today's candidate is the dude in the locker room who, while changing, decided to lay his phone about 10 feet from him, turn the volume up to max and to play a sermon from one of those crazy loud, screaming pastors without caring who was around him. Speaking of headphones.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness