Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2024, 06:09 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,379,784 times

Advertisements

So my gripe is with the 'more experienced' Pickleball players who use the courts where the gym is. They are very clique'ish....don't want to rotate in with the less experienced players (and I understand that) and act like we are imposing on their private PB space (we're not, we usually get one or two courts during mixed play).
When someone sets up a game on Playtime scheduler, they have complained that we should be including levels up to 5, when they have their own sessions.
and finally - the super aggressive play with them really slamming the ball at one another and right up at the net. I keep thinking 'man, there are a lot of angry people here and I'm sure glad I'm playing with the mellow 'let's have fun' group!!'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2024, 11:43 AM

1,224 posts, read 566,973 times
The sauna guy
-who stands next to the door doing a little exercise of sorts and is blocking ingress/egress of someone who wants to enter or exit.
-who sings/raps in the sauna
-who makes strange loud grunts and noises.

Get off of my lawn!

Old 04-09-2024, 12:05 PM

1,224 posts, read 566,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
People who try to reserve a piece of exercise equipment while they're still working out on a different piece of exercise equipment.
Yeah that's pathetic. No issue with moving between machines are whatever doing multiple sets, but you always let other work in.

Old 04-11-2024, 11:48 AM

6 posts, read 3,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
The people who complain about the people who complain about people at their gym.
Think we found the person that does all of these annoying things!

Old 04-19-2024, 10:14 AM

9,515 posts, read 8,517,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niterunner13 View Post
Think we found the person that does all of these annoying things!
I may be a lot of things but an annoying gym person I am most certainly not. I go way out of my way to allow people to work in. Just yesterday a gal was supersetting next to me and she left for a moment to do abs and had all her things (towel, bag) near the pulley machine she was using. A few people walked up oblivious to her things and just started using that machine. So I waited 'til she came back and said "Here, you can use my machine now" and went to do something similar.

Old 04-19-2024, 10:33 AM

358 posts, read 450,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
I may be a lot of things but an annoying gym person I am most certainly not. I go way out of my way to allow people to work in. Just yesterday a gal was supersetting next to me and she left for a moment to do abs and had all her things (towel, bag) near the pulley machine she was using. A few people walked up oblivious to her things and just started using that machine. So I waited 'til she came back and said "Here, you can use my machine now" and went to do something similar.
I wouldn't hesitate to use the cable machine if she walked away, but left her things, but I'm in and out of an exercise in a minute or less.

Old 04-23-2024, 07:59 AM

5,737 posts, read 3,271,906 times
probably been stated before, but here goes. The Millenial and Gen Z crowd who setup tripods to video themselves in an already cramped space. I mooned one of their camera's out of frustration.

Old 04-23-2024, 08:40 AM

22,453 posts, read 29,637,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
probably been stated before, but here goes. The Millenial and Gen Z crowd who setup tripods to video themselves in an already cramped space. I mooned one of their camera's out of frustration.
You need to go to management with that. That's on them to let them know it's not allowed.

Old 04-23-2024, 11:15 AM

5,737 posts, read 3,271,906 times
I dont think management cares.

I work out at LA Fitness. Worked out at The Edge and Crunch Fitness and the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
You need to go to management with that. That's on them to let them know it's not allowed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness