Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2021, 07:27 PM

9,453 posts, read 5,212,640 times

Advertisements

Chick who's doing personal training with one of our instructions. She's a bit ripped, thin. In Bootcamp the other day, we were doing squat jumps (squat, jump up 6-8 inches or whatever) and she's in the front row jumping, like, seriously, 3 feet in the air. I told her she was making the rest of us look bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2021, 01:30 PM

9,386 posts, read 8,356,698 times
The throngs of guys in my gym who wear elbow sleeves, straps and any other functional device simply for the "look" it gives them while not even doing exercises that would really need them.

Old 01-30-2021, 05:03 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,952 times
There is a guy in my gym who I guess that he is in his mid to late 50's or maybe very early 60's and he is no big strong guy by any definition but he has a habit of mistreating the equipmemt and is always throwing stuff around. When he is setting up a barbell to to do some exercise he start pulling plates from racks and just throws them on the floor from a fully standing position for absolutely no reason and everything he does is just like that. Sometimes I am doing some exercise in a corner by myself and having a good time and then here he comes with his nonsense. It just gets under my skin. I just stop and walk away because I can't stand the a-hole.

Old 01-30-2021, 07:31 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Chick who's doing personal training with one of our instructions. She's a bit ripped, thin. In Bootcamp the other day, we were doing squat jumps (squat, jump up 6-8 inches or whatever) and she's in the front row jumping, like, seriously, 3 feet in the air. I told her she was making the rest of us look bad.
Good for her. At my old gym there was a woman like that. I complimented her and we became 'gym' friends. She was an inspiration for me. She also gave me some great workout tips.

Old 02-02-2021, 08:58 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times
People who do not wear their masks correctly when there is a mask mandate by the governor

Old 02-02-2021, 09:54 AM

9,453 posts, read 5,212,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Good for her. At my old gym there was a woman like that. I complimented her and we became 'gym' friends. She was an inspiration for me. She also gave me some great workout tips.
It might be an inspiration to me if I didn't feel like she was 'showing off,' but I guess that's my problem. The other day, when we were doing box jumps, everyone else had 3 'steps' on their set up. She had six. I kept hoping she would hit her head on the ceiling! LOL. mee-ow

Old 02-02-2021, 10:21 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
It might be an inspiration to me if I didn't feel like she was 'showing off,' but I guess that's my problem. The other day, when we were doing box jumps, everyone else had 3 'steps' on their set up. She had six. I kept hoping she would hit her head on the ceiling! LOL. mee-ow
I totally get that. At my recent gym there is a woman like that - and I have smiled and said 'Hi' to her, but she is too into what she is doing to smile or say 'Hi' back.
But you do have to admire someone with that much dedication no matter how obnoxious they are, you can still secretly give her the evil eye.

Old 02-03-2021, 08:21 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times
UGH there's several older very fit women in my gym. It's motivation and I can definitely appreciate their dedication.

Old 02-03-2021, 11:59 AM

857 posts, read 843,957 times
That person who is clearly doing too much weight and using all the available momentum at their disposal. Because that will surely work that muscle group... I honestly just chuckle to myself when I see that or grunting types. I do have a problem with people dropping weights for no damn reason. If you have to drop it, it is too heavy for you to use, period.

Old 02-03-2021, 02:43 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedvedActual View Post
That person who is clearly doing too much weight and using all the available momentum at their disposal. Because that will surely work that muscle group... I honestly just chuckle to myself when I see that or grunting types. I do have a problem with people dropping weights for no damn reason. If you have to drop it, it is too heavy for you to use, period.
I have a difficult and conflicted sentiment when it comes to dropping weights. I hate when they drop weights constantly and unnecessarily but understand that in some instances they have to. It still bugs me so I try to get away from that kind of stuff. I have seen some horrific things at the gym. Overtime I have become more and more easily irritated by some behaviors. I just try to ignore as much as possible and avoid busy times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness