Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 06:16 AM

322 posts, read 281,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Encountering an untrained and unleashed dog is never fun, but you did threaten him first. Just sayin...
Reread please? I was standing STILL ON MY PROPERTY holding my pet in my arms when his pet APPROACHED ME - it is private property too then JUMPED ON ME THEN SNAPPED AT MY PET TRYING TO GET HER REAR END. To me, that was the threat of an unleased pet.

Threatened HIM how? How do you prevent a serious dog attack accounter? His dog was never in any harms way due to my dog being unleashed and approaching him or his pet, nor by being held immediately in my arms as his dog ran to me/us!

Rethink this please. I never said I am going to spray your dog - which I have every right to do to protect me from getting bit or my pet. He was more of a threat by breaking the law/rule of the state and this memorial park.

But it is interesting how people view responsibility. This man-child had NONE. Threatening me because I was being jumped on by his dog and I deserved this?

Hmmmm.... good luck with that logic. But I disagree. have a nice day

disclaimer: capital lettering is used for EMPHASIS not yelling. again. thank you and have a nice day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2024, 06:20 AM

1,921 posts, read 908,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Pepper spraying someone else can also land you in court for assault/battery if you can't prove self-defense. No witnesses? Good luck!

Assuming the OP's story played out exactly as she told it, once the dog was pepper-sprayed, the guy supposedly would have come after her with the intent of bodily harm. I'd wager that there would be more than one video camera nearby that can show proof of the attack, and I am not afraid to stand up for myself in court. A guy like that will have priors, and I do not. *shrugs*

Old 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Arrested for what exactly?
He would have had to remain at the park when officer S. drove thru. Just a citation for unleashed pet. Threats are words. He only threatened to put me in the hospital.

what I just don't get is why was I threatened by him? I didn't do anything wrong. He tresspassed. His dog was aggressively after MY pet in my arms. My arm could have been ripped open by those sharp fang like teeth - you know the ones. the long scary pointies.

he would have left me with getting stitches, shots, etc. he broke the leash law then human compassion for being such a loser. my opinion.

Park does have cams under each shelters. They would see him and his freebirding dog... I was hidden by my neighbors large shrub. I just do not understand why I had to be threatened.

Brain worms?? in humans now???

Last edited by SunnySam16; 04-17-2024 at 06:34 AM..

Old 04-17-2024, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
Assuming the OP's story played out exactly as she told it, once the dog was pepper-sprayed, the guy supposedly would have come after her with the intent of bodily harm. I'd wager that there would be more than one video camera nearby that can show proof of the attack, and I am not afraid to stand up for myself in court. A guy like that will have priors, and I do not. *shrugs*
If only Officer DID find him there, in violation of park/state leash laws and looked up priors if he had an ID -which NO one claims they do - and found warrants... ahhh now that would have been instant karma. *sweet

I never yelled. No need at that point. I don't face off with people. Even while driving! People carry guns today. And shoot because you "cut them off by passing them" not worth it at all.

I do loudly shout at my windshield tho. Only if pet isn't in her car seat in back (buckled up) - she really gets frightened when I get emo.

I just cannot comprehend why I was the recipient of a threat like that. I even said hi to the pooch - scared to death he was gonna bite - and oh please don't jump on me, your paws are muddy. In a calm voice - in my mind I felt owner would quickly run over to apologize and leash shipperke? type dog. nopes

I might carry a bat for any dog attacking me - bear spray for human - first to get in training to run like heck.

be careful out there. it's crazy (people are allowed to violate your personal space, rights, etc. and not too many will stop to help)

Old 04-17-2024, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnKrause1 View Post
I live in a resort area in Galena, Illinois. The weekend rental folks coming to the "country" and thinking they are entitled because they pay somebody approximately $285 per night to stay here. Must do the obligatory "walk" through the full-time owners yards, some on and some off leash. Pooping where they please (animals not owners yet) and lifting their legs on all sorts of plants and mailboxes. And YET, I am in the wrong when I tell them to get those animals on a leash, preferably not those stupid retractable ones. There is something so screwed up in this country when someone cannot walk their dog without an unleashed ass of a dog and their owner harassing them. She informed him she had Pepper Spray....she didn't threaten him. I cannot imagine having a dog jumping up on my legs....one is a prosthetic and could cause a fall due to lack of balance. Guess then and only then I would have had the right to spray the dog???? Nope, if people kept their damn dogs to themselves, then no one would have a complaint.
in many towns *oh I LOVE GALENA, leash laws also instruct the pet to be NOT more than five feet from human wrist/hand.

all I could do is be alone with my thoughts after quickly walking away after the threats. I am NOT proud of what happened to him in my thoughts - doggy was ok - not dog's fault. I fantasized his car breaking down on a narrow country road...it didn't end well. If thoughts do become "things" yikes

Old 04-17-2024, 07:19 AM

10,763 posts, read 5,680,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySam16 View Post
If only Officer DID find him there, in violation of park/state leash laws and looked up priors if he had an ID -which NO one claims they do - and found warrants... ahhh now that would have been instant karma. *sweet

I never yelled. No need at that point. I don't face off with people. Even while driving! People carry guns today. And shoot because you "cut them off by passing them" not worth it at all.

I do loudly shout at my windshield tho. Only if pet isn't in her car seat in back (buckled up) - she really gets frightened when I get emo.

I just cannot comprehend why I was the recipient of a threat like that. I even said hi to the pooch - scared to death he was gonna bite - and oh please don't jump on me, your paws are muddy. In a calm voice - in my mind I felt owner would quickly run over to apologize and leash shipperke? type dog. nopes

I might carry a bat for any dog attacking me - bear spray for human - first to get in training to run like heck.

be careful out there. it's crazy (people are allowed to violate your personal space, rights, etc. and not too many will stop to help)
Don’t carry a bat. Managing your own dog while trying to deploy a bat against an aggressive dog will probably not work out very well. Pepper spray is easier to handle, and you can spray the dog while it is still some distance away from you.

Oh, and forget running. You can’t outrun a healthy dog.

Old 04-17-2024, 07:45 AM

6,589 posts, read 4,980,255 times
I'm so sorry, that is really frustrating! I got bit last fall by an unleashed dog and carry a stick while hiking now.

Old 04-17-2024, 08:46 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
You used the word "complex", is this an apartment or other property with HOA or a manager? If so you should report him, and description of the dog. I would also film it if it happens again, or you see him with the dog off leash, if possible.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-17-2024, 11:52 AM

5,014 posts, read 10,698,162 times
Quote:
Arrested for what exactly?
Trespassing.
Violation of leash law.
Assault.

Old 04-17-2024, 12:45 PM

6,871 posts, read 4,873,766 times
I have an acquaintance with her knee in a cast because she was jumped on by an unleashed dog while she was walking her dog. It wasn't being aggressive towards her dog, it was enthused to see her - a stranger. So while the dog had no ill intent, it was not trained to not jump on people. It was two years old, so not a puppy, either. Now she is going to therapy in hpes of not needing surgery, and she had to re-home her airdale puppy because she couldn't take care of him. She hired a walker and had friends helping her for a while, but it was too much for her to handle and it looks to be a long recovery period.

My sister was recently jumped on while walking her dog. Her newly cleaned white jacked muddied up. Unleashed and untrained dogs can be friendly and still a problem. I hate to see dogs hurt because of their foolish owners, but spray and ask questions later. Also scream your lungs out. Nen or women like that generally don't want an audience. Don't be embarrassed about screaming the place down, or worried about being called a *****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs