Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 01:38 PM

1,147 posts, read 628,372 times

Advertisements

In essence, the unleashed dog was attacking and being aggressive towards the OP.

Just because at the end it didn't actually bite her or her dog is irrelevant. She did not know that when it was snapping and jumping on her legs.

She had every right to spray that dog without warning to protect herself and her dog from an illegally unleashed dog.

And if the man approached aggressively, she had every right to spray that idiot.

I hate irresponsible dog owners. Not the dogs, it's not their fault... just the morons that think that they can let their dogs run loose in public.

I see plenty of idiot dog owners here too. Full of entitlement.

We get plenty of dog bites and attacks here. Some of them horrendous (pitbulls vs kids vs smaller dogs, etc).

I wish municipalities would patrol areas and give heavy fines to people like the OP encountered. No warnings. No slaps on the wrist. $800 fine for not picking up after your pet, $1500 for unleashed dog, etc.

That would make these idiots finally listen and follow the rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2024, 03:18 PM

23,380 posts, read 18,981,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySam16 View Post
He would have had to remain at the park when officer S. drove thru. Just a citation for unleashed pet. Threats are words. He only threatened to put me in the hospital.

what I just don't get is why was I threatened by him? I didn't do anything wrong. He tresspassed. His dog was aggressively after MY pet in my arms. My arm could have been ripped open by those sharp fang like teeth - you know the ones. the long scary pointies.

he would have left me with getting stitches, shots, etc. he broke the leash law then human compassion for being such a loser. my opinion.

Park does have cams under each shelters. They would see him and his freebirding dog... I was hidden by my neighbors large shrub. I just do not understand why I had to be threatened.

Brain worms?? in humans now???
He threatened you because he's an a**hat and has probably learned that behaving like a jerk tends to make more reasonable people back off. And, because his dog is a poorly trained jerk, its owner has probably been through scenarios like this before. He's ready and primed to go on the offensive.

Last edited by Parnassia; 04-17-2024 at 04:14 PM..

Old 04-17-2024, 03:23 PM

7,182 posts, read 4,589,537 times
OP, that’s awful what happened and could have been much worse. Glad the dog didn’t attack you. That guy was such a jerk! I hate when people have their dogs unleashed where it’s not allowed.

Old 04-17-2024, 06:22 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,473,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Encountering an untrained and unleashed dog is never fun, but you did threaten him first. Just sayin...
The OP's post was "I looked at owner and calmly informed of the leash law in park, the STATE, and there is a fine."

That does not constitute "threatening him first".

Old 04-18-2024, 08:46 AM

323 posts, read 283,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You used the word "complex", is this an apartment or other property with HOA or a manager? If so you should report him, and description of the dog. I would also film it if it happens again, or you see him with the dog off leash, if possible.
Thank you. I am still a bit shaken up when walking alone early in am. So many deterrants in my pockets. thinking of charging the stun baton...

Our police send completed copies of reports to the property management. Only if they come to property and not just a nonemergency call in.

We have asked as residents to protect us when people are tresspassing. Vulnerable residents aplenty! Some do not lock doors/windows and are all alone. Most have mobility issues.

I pray for their safety.

Old 04-18-2024, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
OP, that’s awful what happened and could have been much worse. Glad the dog didn’t attack you. That guy was such a jerk! I hate when people have their dogs unleashed where it’s not allowed.
In order to get clear sight for park cameras I am right now trimming back the shrub that hid me. Neighbor asked if I need trash bags.
Not certain how long the loop of video from park cam is. I may call and ask.

Who know's someone may be on to this nut. Don't let the kids run wild and free in this park. There is A LOT OF WASTE. Pet Waste. One of the perks of off lead dogs: don't know where the huge pile of doo is.

Old 04-18-2024, 10:32 AM

4,893 posts, read 3,315,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySam16 View Post
Had the most upsetting thing happen today while walking my 10 pound poomix to her "spot" on our senior complex property.

Saw a dog running thru park near our complex property, and then the owner - with NO LEASH on med black dog. Red harness, Larger dog than mine. Not sure of breed.

I stopped walking MY pet, still on our complex property - HER SPOT - she is leashed, trained, etc and the dog runs toward me while I am standing still on sidewalk.
I pick my pet up and dog is jumping on the back of my legs, snapping at my pet's rear. Pet owner is walking toward the confrontation - yelling commands to wild dog. Pet is NOT in obeying mode.

I looked at owner and calmly informed of the leash law in park, the STATE, and there is a fine. He called me an effing old "B****" and to call the police. While he takes the leash off of his shoulder to attach to his out of control pet.

I was telling him repeatedly, I AM DOING NOTHING WRONG, I AM IN COMPLIANCE WITH RULES AND LAWS. Never raising my voice - then!! I said during the dog jumping on my legs to snap at my pet in my arms:

I have pepper spray.

He says: "use it. you'll be in the hospital."

I replied "I have done NOTHING wrong" This is OUR property. MY PET IS LEASHED. He walked away grumbling... I said "Entitled much?" hoping he didn't hear... he did. more profanity toward me.

I did call the police, made out a report, the guy did threaten me. I asked the officer what can I do to protect myself and any member of my family from this type of altercation? that I don't feel I was the agressor? He said "anything you need to do."

Carrying a bat and bear spray now. On my complex property because of this 45 -50 year old child, and wild untrained dog.
sheeesh

I think you should have pepper sprayed the asshat and then called the police. And sprayed him again as many times as necessary until they got there.

Old 04-18-2024, 04:20 PM

37,659 posts, read 46,092,359 times
I would have sprayed the dog. Not even a question.

Old 04-18-2024, 04:21 PM

37,659 posts, read 46,092,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Encountering an untrained and unleashed dog is never fun, but you did threaten him first. Just sayin...
OP never threatened the dog owner.

Old 04-18-2024, 05:32 PM

Thank you to all replies.

It is still bothering me. I am so not an instigator. I read and hear of what out of control emotions lead to.

There was no reasoning, rationalizing. It was his fault. My neighbor wants to set up surveillance of all unleashed in hopes to find him. I said thank you, but we would have to have another meet up and call police.

I love that park. But not that incident. Too many what ifs that could be devastating.

Again thank you all. I appreciate youse. I will walk poomix a little later in the park with all of my sprays, stunner??

Its a shame it comes to that <3

(Found this GRAPHIC vid of a HUGE man pushing a woman down with force due to his THREE dogs fighting her leashed dog: https://www.reddit.com/r/iamatotalpi...offleash_were/

Last edited by SunnySam16; 04-18-2024 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: attach a graphic vid of a man 3 unleashed dogs pushing a woman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs