Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 05:24 PM

692 posts, read 3,858,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
I agree, good luck to you.
Maybe someone in your area will see the pictures and open their hearts. Our rescue puppy is wonderful. We've had her 2 weeks now. The other day I was at the store and they had a bunch of valentine's day stuffed animals really cheap...I got Luna one (without any beans inside) and she grabbed her baby right away..We call the doll 'Yawn' because my son and I asked her "What's your baby's name?" and she yawned...lol!
Luna is a beautiful name! What breed(s) is she?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 06:33 PM

960 posts, read 1,691,938 times
Teddie -I always look forward to seeing your adoption pictures.
I wish I could adopt a few myself, but I can only hope that they all go to terrific permanent homes very soon.
Much appreciation for the wonderful work that you continue to do!!!

Old 03-22-2008, 10:17 PM

Today was horrible for me and some of the other volunteers. We got some horrible news about two of our beloved dogs which left me with nothing to say. It was otherwise a nice day out. With sunshine, wind blowing..it great for the pups to be in a pin outside. At the same time it was frustrating and irritating. I almost left today because of some of the comments and sneers being thrown around. I had to leave on several occasions so I didn't blow a fuse (i bet I sound like a real hot head). Some people either don't relize what is coming out of their mouths or they're just plain...stupid! I'll stop ranting now and get to the pictures..
Snowball is new with us. He's said to be a Bichon/Maltese, but I'm not sure what he is. The vet has estimated him at around 4 years old. We've also found that he's an epileptic, now on daily medications to stop the siezures. It's worked so far and he's a happy dog. We couldn't win him over at the start of the adoption, but was soon puddy in our hands. When he was dropped off his borhter came along; we were told they would die without each other. That's not the case at all. They actually have their own personalities when away from the other.

Do you remember Bosco? Today his mother, Peaches, came it to be shown for adoption. She's one of the most gorgeous Huskies I've seen in a while. She loves everyone and everyone loved her. So much she has a wonderful application on her first day. With the most stunning ice blue eyes, she will melt you heart. Around 2 years old and 40-50 pounds/very slim, all she wants is to lay in the grass and sleep the day away.

A new face and a tiny one at that would be Chin, Bugsey.. what ever you want to name him. A Japanese Chin who weighs all of 3 pounds. He's in my breakable category. He was found as a stray two weeks ago..He's about 5 years old and already has two applications. Our little dogs go pretty fast.

Alice and Ralph are the Rat Terriers Oak Hill rescued from a kill shelter. (i mentioned them on this forum) They're full of energy that is ready to be burned off. In love with each other they have to go together. If we could get the energy under control they would be in great shape. Being in a shelter with very limited exercise that will happen to such a breed or most dogs int hat case.

Troy and Ripley are back up for adoption. Their home fell through because of family issues. I really feel for the lady that wanted to adopt them. She was very upset and in disbelief.

Kodiak and Ranger still coming to visit and still looking for a good home. Ranger is growing so fast and Kodiak is inching along. They seemed to be enjoying each others company today compared to last weekend.

We have a new litter of three Aussie pups. Two girls Carly Simon and Bonnie Rait, one boy Sweet baby James.
Bonnie Raitt who I adore:

Carly, Bonnie, and James:

Poor Eli. Everyone is beating him up in his foster home. Still lanky as ever, timid, and shy. He's coming along, but has a ways to go.

The Border Collie mix puppies are really sarting to mature. Their puppy coats are falling out, their faces are starting to morph..they're starting to look like dogs.

We had a long time visitor..Stwey. He came it to be socialized and it seemed to work. Came in with his tail tucked and ears back running for his life; was worn out, tail up and ears purky when he left. He's 7 months old; we're thinking Border Collie/ Corgi, but who knows?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rosie our Weim/Doberman mix has a good application as well as Piggy the Chihuahua puppy. Dexter and Savana have been adopted and went to their new homes this week. Have a wonderful weekend guys!

Old 05-10-2008, 08:15 PM

Smile 5/10 update

We've gotten a new set up so we now have two places we can have adoptions at! Last week we had quite a few dogs adopted.
Kodiak (Dakota) was adopted without her brother; it was for the best. She was adopted to a man wo has a male Shiba Inu. Kodiak has really bad seperation anxiety when taken away from her brother so she coudn't be an only dog. This ws the perfect match.
Freckles, Pie Hole, Troy & Ripley, Kelala (sp?) were all adopted. I feel like I am leaing some one out.
So these are some new pictures and even a couple new dogs.
First up is Trey a Troy and Ripley look alike. He's about 3-4 months old and we're puzzled as to what he's mixed with. Could be many things, but he's only 10 pounds at 3 or so months. He was found trying to cross four lanes of very busy traffic. Thankfully he was picked up in time. He's a real devil puppy! He dislikes everyone and has a super alpha personality. That changed fast with us at the adoption.

This is Bailey a 5 year old lab mix. He was found a few months back and had to g through heartworm treatment. He's a happy and healthy boy now! He's very shy, but loves you as soon as you're on his level.

Bree is still with us and is over coming a lot of anxiety and stress. She hasn't had the best of life, but is getting all of the love she needs, wants, and deserves. I've been working with her a lot on her fear aggression while at adoptions and she's coming a long wonderfully. She's becoming one of my favorite dogs now. She can realy intimidate you at first, but if you get to know her she's a GREAAT dg!

This is also a new guy. Max. WHAT A LOVER BUG! He was adopted and after a year his owners decided they just didn't want him. They had gotten sick of him and made up all kinds of stories. But they stepped intheir own mouths when asked about the situation. So we went ahead and took him. (it took me a minute to pick pictures) He's so gental!

You know Britches of course was very uncomfortable! NOT. lol he has to take his blankie along with him everywhere.

Some of you may remember Eli. A GSD who at 4 months was about half the size he should have been. Well he got adopted. One of our best volunteers BIL adopted him. After just a few short weeks he looks like a different dog. His new owner has done wonders for him and we couldn't have asked for anyone better. His name is now Ozz.
Before:

After:

Jelly Bean or "Beans" as we call her might have a home. One of the best we've come by. We'll know by the 17th.

Ebony is doing good too.

Thanks everyone for looking!

Old 05-10-2008, 09:17 PM

960 posts, read 1,691,938 times
Great news to hear of all the adoptions and Eli looks fantastic!
Trey looks like a real character...he must have a little MinPin in him.
Wonderful dogs all of them!
Thanks for the update and pics Teddie, and again for all the wonderful work you and the other volunteers do.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:37 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,293,636 times
Wow, Teddie - you are so dedicated to the cause and have my undying respect for all the effort you put into getting these guys into the homes they need and deserve...thank you for everything, not the least of which is the pictures! All of them are lovely and I know they will have their own people soon. Of course, it goes without saying that I have a fave in this bunch, can you guess who????

Thank you again!

Old 05-12-2008, 03:36 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,564,037 times
Keep us abreast of Jelly Beans adoption papers. She's gorgeous like Britches and I LOVE to hear bully breeds being adopted.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:50 PM

617 posts, read 2,075,223 times
Jelly Beans and Ebony are beautiful. What a wonderful thing you do for these dogs.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:49 AM

1,738 posts, read 8,285,641 times
Default Awesome

Your rock!

I'm crazy about those goldens and aussies but I think I would've been bringing Stewy home(if I was allowed another dog!). I'm a sucker for black and white and Im also a sucker for the underdog(older than the pup face). WE adopted Cody around 6 months and bypassed major potty training, chewing, etc......it worked out for me!!!
I love stewys ears and face!!!

keep us posted!

again you are pretty awesome!

Old 05-17-2008, 10:57 PM

Well in the last week we have received over 10 dogs/puppies of all different breeds, sizes, and for every reason under the sun. Ok maybe not every, but many reasons. I think we're all up to our ears with dog fur..all day, everyday we have dogs on the brain. I guess tonight I get to rest. So lets see how long this takes me..
This handsome man is Rocky. He was the pick of the day for my sister (Rainbow.Paws) and I can't say that I blame her one bit. He is a love machine with the most beautiful blue and party eyes! He is estimated to be 5 months old and we have him pegged to be a Husky/ Shar Pei mix.

He and Britches became the best of buddies while at the adoption. Same size, age, sex..what else could he ask for?

Oh and Britches had a fun day too. lol A very fun day.
He slept good at the adoption..

Was happy outside with his buddy Rocky(in the bottom right)

And had a wonderful ride home. With the wind blowing in his ears and people laughing as they drove by..

Lucky is a Shih Tzu that was pulled from the pts list too. I told myself I would NEVER have another shih, but every time one comes in I want to take him home to Ted. I don't know if it's because they're pitiful or what, but it kills me! Lucky is about Teds age (2-3) and a total love bug. When I carry Teddie around he sits like a toddler on my hip, Lucky just flopped around like a rag doll and went limp when ever you picked him up..silly dog..or is it a dog?

Peanut was one of the dogs we pulled from AS from the pts list. He was listed as a Shih Tzu/Chihuahua mix, but I'm dead set he's a powder puff Chinese Crested. He's about 5 years old and a real sweet heart! He'd do great as an only dog with no other animals in the house. He does fine with them, but would much rather his own space.

Sophie is a little butter ball of lovieness..yes I did say lovieness. I didn't spend to much time with her outside, but I could see she just needs an understanding ear.

Chico is a funny little guy with a hard past. He's estimated to be a middle aged adult who was found on the street. AS picked him up and he was scheduled to be pts also. When he goes to the bathroom he stands on his two front feet. He does have hip problems, but they don't seem to bother him. On the other hand he does have extended nails; one of which is almost torn off. He just wants to be held and he's nice and quiet. Otherwise he screams and can for hours. Believe me I know, I was there the whole adoption lol. We're thinking he's a Chi/ Min Pin, but who knows? He's so tiny!

A picture of his toe nail

One of the owner surrenders was Kally (sp?) a 8 month old Heeler mix (I thought was 4-5 months) with all of the love int world to give. Some one pulled her from being pts because they couldn't take the thought of her being put down, but decided it just wasn't going to work with her life style or her current dog. She's very very shy at first, but once she gets to know you; she wams up fast. She's not a huge fan of the crate, but pretty much all of the dogs we get are ok with the crate once they've left. What a great companion she is going to make for some one.

Our other owner surrender is Linus (was Brownie) that name changed fast lol. We all took one look and said "uh no!" haha. He is a 5 month old Border Terrier mix who was given to his previous family as a "gift" when he was a puppy. When they brought him in and dropped him off today they said he had to much energy...which he had none today. No more than any other puppy and for a terrier..not much at all. He wants in you lap to sleep and a walk is nice too. Some people still amaze me. At least tell us the real reason you don't want him any more. Just makes you look even worse in our eyes. Any way he is a big baby who needs some lovin.

*ALL DONE* that's it because my computer is being a pooper! Take care guys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs