Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 04:30 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,106,913 times

Advertisements

They're all wonderful dogs. How sweet.

I wish people would think about older or 'non-designer' dogs and go help out a shelter.

Watching shows like "Adoption Stories" or whatever it is called on Animal Planet you really route for these dogs. There was one show the other day about an old Yorkie in an old dog rescue that had such a sad life (several of her owners died in succession!). Eventually an elderly lady with a real love of dogs adopted her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 06:42 AM

395 posts, read 1,365,954 times
awwww I love them all!!!!! Esp Fizz because my little one has an underbite too!! Keep doing what your doing!!! You are another role model for everyone!

Old 02-05-2008, 11:38 AM

36,794 posts, read 31,084,539 times
Blessings to you for your good works. Seeing the photos makes me wish I could provide a home for another, but I know Im at my limit now with 5 dogs and 3 cats.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:38 PM

692 posts, read 3,859,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
That description is much like my Dubh - she was used as a breeder by someone, then dumped on the street. She's about 2yrs old. No socialization beyond dogs, she didn't even care much for us (humans) at first. Had NO indoor experience (was scared to death at first), didn't recognize toys, TV, nothing.

On paper, Dubh would sound pretty hopeless, but dogs are resilient. She's come around leaps and bounds in the last few months. We still have a long way to go, but that's okay.

Ebony might settle down once she's in the right setting, don't you think?
I do. I think she needs to be an only dog who has her owner(s) to herself. With plenty of dog and human socialization she'd do great. I think after living with so many other dogs she would just flourish in a stable environment. Not many people that come in want such a rough or tough looking dog. When you get her out by herself her real personality shines.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:26 PM

Default A Different Breed Adoptions 2/9

Today was so nice outside and we had a flood gate of people show up. It was a fun yet exhausting day. Some people really still amaze me at the quesions and remarks they throw at us. Stupid covers then..I don't have a problem explaining stuff over and over, but we had so many anti-pit bull people come in I just had to keep my mouth shut. EHHH..*deep breath*
[SIZE="4"]PICTURE OVER LOAD![/SIZE]
Sugar is so loyal about coming up we need to find a good home for her!

And what she does best..any toy you give her plastic, stuffed, rubber, she will chew it apart in under two minutes. She never eats it, but it's like her way to take out frustration. We've had to many bad apps on her.

Jelly Bean is still with us and has been hard to place. Once they get big it takes years before we can find a home.

Matty from last week is also back. It's funny I spent hours cutting the mats out of his fur and his foster took him home, gave him a bath, and brushed him. Now all the mats are gone and he has a funny hair cut...go figure. lol His eyes refelcted, but he looks handsome. He hates the camera.

Cookie is new with us. She was found as a stray and gave birth to one puppy. Pore thing is so small (I call those rat dogs..lol). She was terrified and didn't know what to do. She has a promising app with a lady who already has a Rat Terrier. Cookie didn't want to leave her and this lady didn't want to leave her either. They are meant to be! The worst part is she has an over bite and makes her look like a certain rodent..she was sweet, but to small for me. I just new she was going to break.

Bree a full blooded Rottie(small) was with us today. She is new and a doll! She loves dogs and wants to be in everyones buissness. She is such a good dog.

We had an adult Lab/Weimeriner named Rosy. It was wierd because she looked nothing like the litter we have..

I'm upset with the people that named these two pups..My real name is Dakota and she named them Dakota and Ranger. So my sister went up today and kept saying "Dakota SIT!" etc.. it was funny, but my neck hurts from not knowing if they were talking about the dog or me.. : )
Ranger (Top), Dakota(bottom)

There are only 3 lab/Weim pups left; all black, two boys one girl. The biggest boy (Pinstripe) is going into another foster home to be adopted. They are so big!
Look how tall!

We still have the fluffy puppies; that I need to get around to posting the mom pictures of both litters. Teddy got an app today and the others have some interest. For some reason black dogs really are hard to find home.
Teddy:

Patti..cutie with a nub

Tyler..funny ears

I thought I'd add in that a collie came to visit.

If you remember I posted a while ago about a bull terrier mix named Pearl who was deaf. She got adopted and her new parents came back to visit us. They have adopted another deaf dogs ant they get a long super!!
Well that's it for now. Take care everyone and more pictures to come next week!

Old 02-16-2008, 08:33 PM

Default 2/16 Adoption

Hmmm as I dig the paper with all the dog names out of my wallet...Today was SoOO rainy! It rained off and on the whole entire five hours we were open. So now my hair is all curly lol.. We had a full house(city, ADB, and Oak Hill) so there are even more pictures then last week and I uploaded over 40 pictures..don't worry I'm not posting them all.
An old time buddy of mine came back for our adoption drive. He's been with the city for forever and seems to just be to much for everyone. He needs a home with plenty of exercise and love. You'd think any dog lover would take him. His name is Wolfgang.

My other Baby Gabby. She's been with us since she was pretty young and is now 7-8 months old. Still young but big; not many people look once they're her size. It's sad, but true. She weighs about 50-60 pounds and is still not done growing. I LOVE her nose!

Twinkie is also still with us; two of her sisters along with herself were found wondering in a park near her now fosters home. There are two of them left; Twinkie and Snickers. Hehe

Twinkie and her bussy Stazia..Stazia is only 3-4 years old and only loves her foster mom.
[IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/fluff_n_tuck/FosterDogs/ADB%20Dogs/DSC05878.jpg[/IMG
Our big bears Ranger & Kodiac (was Dakota). They're Akita/Husky mixes and Ranger is growing on me. I said he needs a German accent. lol Look how big and only 3 months old

Patti came again today. Her cute little bob tail and a personality that charms everyone. She's smart, gental, and just loves life.

Tyler; that big pig! He's still a puppy, but has the belly for a large breed adult. j/k It's huge thought!

Blackie came with the City and everyone loved him. He got a long with everyone and everyone got along with him. He's got a gental soul and only wants to please. We were sad to see him go back to the shelter.

Chula and Carol are very close and have raised their puppies together. Chula is the mother of the fluffy puppies I posted a while back and Carol is the mother of the Terrier pups. They were found close together and have been unseparable.

And we have a new Sugar..She's got a long past and even a past owner that maybe in jail.. She's been through a lot.

Bella started in Alaska where she lived with her owner. He got transfered to Texas and she came along where he could no longer keep her. So she was boarded at tooth acres and had to get out. She is now with one of our fosters. So even though her past isn't that great it's pretty cool that she's from Alaska and this cold weather we're complaining about is nothing to her!

We have another new set of pups. Ripley and Troy a Lab mix and a Shep mix. They're said to be about 9 weeks, but I don't see it. I think they're a lot younger than that.

Dexter was neutered, but came full fledged to party! He has made it his number one priority to protect his foster mom. It makes adoptions hard for him when he's in such a shell. He's coming a long though.

Alice has been with the city for a while too. She's a sweetie and loved everyone. She can go from full of energy to alseep on your lap with the snap of a finger.

Kaia is a cutie too. She's about 2 1/2 months old and said to be a Boston Terrier, but no one saw it in her. We see more Heeler and Chihuahua than anything.

And Willy..He was funny, but ad to pee on evrything. The city is saying he's a Schnauzer mix. What a character! The only picture I could get of his entire body was of him peeing..I didn't htink I'd post that lol

Old 02-23-2008, 10:22 PM

Default Adoption 2/23

Today was beautiful and we had a flood of people come into the adoption. We didn't have the city with us this week, but we had a full house and quite a few guest fosters. So once again I have a lot of pictures so stay with me.. lol
A new foster, Bosco a Sibe (husky) mix and what a doll! He was terrified the whole day, but took wonderful pictures. He had a runny nose while we were open, but once dogs started to leave and not so many people were coming in he popped up and started looking around. Next week will be better.

Moose has been with us for a little while, but this was only his second adoption. He's been going through heartworm treatment and next week will be his last round. He's doing fantastic and coming along beautifully. He's an Australian Shepherd/ Saint Bernard mix and very skinny at 60 pounds. He was one of my new favorites because of his personality. And he's got a nub.. hehe

Tonka was just a burst of energy. We seem to have at least one of those kinds of dog a week; usually more. He was out of has crate the most because he couldn't stay still. He's a very good and gentle dog, the perfect size too.

Mikey touched a special spot in my heart and seemed to bond with me over everyone. He's an estimated 2 year old Shih Tzu. He was found Matted over his entire body, down to the skin, and in pain. He caught my eye because he reminds me so much of Ted only he's much smaller. He's got the same eye condition and wanted me to get him out and just hold him all day. I almost came home with a new Shih Tzu, but Ted and my whole family would have killed me.. I bet He and Ted would have hit it off though. I told one of the volunteers I wish I could have Mikey's personality and Ted's overall look..Although now that I've seen him all cut down I want to go shave Teddie.

Savana is a sleepy baby who keeps to herself. She slept most of the day and when I got her out she woke up like I do..jump and give that evil eye.. lol We were a perfect fit, sleepy, lazy, and quiet.

Moe... A Cocker Spaniel and the mean brute of them all. He wanted to start a fight with all of the dog no matter their size. He's a real beauty, but what a brat! He was a guest foster along with Tonka and Gabby 2.

Gabby 2; I say two because we have another Gabby and this was one of our guests. She is an American Bull Dog/Boxer mix. He wasn't to happy about being there today, but it was her first time in a crate and also around that many dogs. She's a real sweet dog and about 3 years old. She was found my her foster and has had several health problems. I was told she has mamory tumors and has had a litter of pups in the past. She's had a rough life and needs a nice place to rest her paws at.

Kodiak and Ranger have a good looking home to go to. A couple want to take them both..what a hand full! They have a Chow mix who got along with them and played with both. I'll miss Ranger's face. I think he's an eeyore dog..he walks aloof and has the exact same expression on his face all day no matter what he's doing.

The two Lab/Weim puppies also have a home lined up to go together. Teh home check has been done and it looks great. It's good they can stay together; I think they're just going to blossom.

Copper joined us again and I could never get tired of looking at that face. Everyone wants to take him home, but no one will. It's sad, but he's got a nice life with his foster so it's a waiting game for now. We dressed him up with a Jelly Belly(?) and took pictures of him. I think he looked cute in it.

Gabby also decided to join us today and is getting bigger and bigger. I would have a whole house of dogs if I really could. I always have a big long list of the dogs that would have come home this day. I'm glad I've got something to hold me back and the fact I already have four at home. I stayed after closing so I got some cute shots. We're open from noon to 4p.m. and I was there until about 8p.m. All of the dogs had calm..it was very pleasant. I am only posting this because I love her nose!!

Puppies Troy and Ripley..still sleeping.

And a set of three pups with sarcoptic mange..I don't have much to say on that topic *rolls eyes*

Ok all done..

Old 02-24-2008, 12:29 AM

1,310 posts, read 6,566,974 times
Teddy, this is a good thing to hear how things are doing and what you have to deal with. It's important to see how so many good dogs are out there, but what the rescue team hears even though everyone thinks all these dogs will get adopted by someone else. Great pictures and thanks for sharing. YOu are doing a great job.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:47 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,305,492 times
Amen..Teddy, I admire your dedication and it is so good to see these pups going to wonderful homes...best of luck and keep it going!

Old 02-24-2008, 05:09 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,106,913 times
I agree, good luck to you.
Maybe someone in your area will see the pictures and open their hearts. Our rescue puppy is wonderful. We've had her 2 weeks now. The other day I was at the store and they had a bunch of valentine's day stuffed animals really cheap...I got Luna one (without any beans inside) and she grabbed her baby right away..We call the doll 'Yawn' because my son and I asked her "What's your baby's name?" and she yawned...lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs