Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 10:13 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,172,258 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! My husband and I just got back from his moms house. We went to eat dinner and let the kids play with the dogs. I have been meaning to get some pictures of Sasha, my 7 year old sister-in-law, and Victor, my 9 year old brother-in-law, with our three APBTs, Brooklyn, Destiny and Jayda, but I always seem to forget. I finally remembered to bring the camera and get some pictures this time though. I always say how our dogs are great with kids and now I can show you! lol! I'm not a photographer and the dogs and kids were all over the place, so they definitely aren't great pictures, but I think they are pretty cute! Anyway, I just wanted to share our new pictures with everyone and I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for pictures of our fur babies with children. So if you have any cute pictures of your fur babies with your human babies, or any children for that matter, please share!

Okay, so the first three pictures are pretty much the same, but I had to post all three because my little sister-in-law, Sasha, is making the cutest faces! lol! Oh, and I think that Brooklyn looks sooooo cute in the first picture! He looks so happy!

My hubby, Sasha and Brooklyn. Look how vicious Brooklyn is! lmao!

I look really bad in this picture. I just dyed my hair and I don't like the color, plus I was exhausted, but I couldn't crop myself out because I would have to crop Brooklyn out as well, so oh well! lol!

And here's the man-eating monster, AKA Brooklyn, and Sasha again! lol! I love this picture!

Oh, and by the way, these were taken after we all went for a walk. Sasha walked Destiny and Victor walked Jayda. As far as "pit bulls" being hard to control, or harder to control than other breeds.. I'm sorry, but I don't think that a 7 year old and a 9 year old could walk our dogs if that were the case. Of course, my mother-in-law, my husband and I were all right there with them the whole time, and just like with any dog, if they wanted to run after something Sasha and Victor wouldn't be able to control them, but that has absolutely nothing to do with their breed!

Last edited by PitBullMommie1206; 11-17-2007 at 11:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 10:29 PM

692 posts, read 3,855,653 times
Those are such cute pictures!! I love the look on Brooklyn's face in the fourth picture; what a big baby. lol

Old 11-17-2007, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddieXRuxpin View Post
Those are such cute pictures!! I love the look on Brooklyn's face in the fourth picture; what a big baby. lol
Thanks! Yeah, it's almost funny to me when people say stupid stuff about the breed we own! We have had people tell us that we are crazy for letting these monsters be around children .. Yeah, they are monsters all right! lol! Like you said, they are just big babies!

Old 11-17-2007, 11:02 PM

273 posts, read 1,338,725 times
video of Sadie 20lbs ago...seems like just yesterday..as you can see she is just so vicious..I can see why the people downstairs cower whenever they walk by her on a leash

just click on the picture

Old 11-17-2007, 11:22 PM

1,179 posts, read 8,710,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
Sasha walked Destiny and Victor walked Jayda. As far as "pit bulls" being hard to control, or harder to control than other breeds.. I'm sorry, but I don't think that a 7 year old and a 9 year old could walk our dogs if that were the case.
LOL so true. I don't understand that statement at all. If a Pit Bull is so "hard to control" and "super aggressive" how does a child control them in the ring. When there are so many distractions and other dogs around??? How do they walk this beast without the dog attacking another dog or turning on them.

This girl and this dog fell in love with each other. He is so easy to handle a 3yr old could probably walk him in reality. She wanted to do Jr Handling but didn't have a dog so my husband said she was more then welcome to handle him.

Just like you said a 7yr old!! He is handling Vipette's great great grandma, this was 4yrs ago however-before Vipette or Nediva were even born. He has handled other dogs/pups also.
My friends kids also showed, one showed an adult and one showed a pup. The pup was actually harder to control then the adult for the obvious reasons the pup was excited, bouncy and not fully trained. One took Best Jr Handler saturday and the other sunday.

This is a girl who used to always come over just to help with the dogs. When the local show was coming up she asked if she could handle and we planned for her to. This is the 1st one of my dogs she ever saw and fell in love with. I was walking her and she asked if she could pet my dog and said "She just loves Pit Bulls" I was surprised a young kid would recognize the breed and also hadn't been taught to run away when they see a Pit.

Ok no more high jack. Great pics, they all look very happy (kids and dogs) and I'm sure they love each other's company. What a treat for both of them.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:52 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,550,929 times
[quote=jadedSOUL83;2027918]video of Sadie 20lbs ago...seems like just yesterday..as you can see she is just so vicious..I can see why the people downstairs cower whenever they walk by her on a leash

Moderator cut: deleted to preserve bandwidth

Oh that vicious dog needs to be locked or your gonna get licked to death....LOL LOL

Last edited by Sam I Am; 11-18-2007 at 02:38 PM..

Old 11-18-2007, 08:10 AM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,355,335 times

Nephew with Nina at Grandparent's House

Son, Wife and Nutmeg - first time Nutmeg met our son. She just had to get her licks in .

Son and Nutmeg resting after playing

Son and Nina playing fetch

Son and Nutmeg on back deck

Old 11-18-2007, 12:04 PM

[quote=jadedSOUL83;2027918]video of Sadie 20lbs ago...seems like just yesterday..as you can see she is just so vicious..I can see why the people downstairs cower whenever they walk by her on a leash

What a little monster! How can you even live with a dog like that! lol! What a cutie! Are your neighbors really scared of her?! Wow, imagine how they would react to our three dogs! lmao! Thanks for sharing the video, she's adorable!

Last edited by Sam I Am; 11-18-2007 at 02:40 PM..

Old 11-18-2007, 12:16 PM

[quote=APBT_Samara;2028038]LOL so true. I don't understand that statement at all. If a Pit Bull is so "hard to control" and "super aggressive" how does a child control them in the ring. When there are so many distractions and other dogs around??? How do they walk this beast without the dog attacking another dog or turning on them.

What do you mean no more hi jacking? This thread is for pictures like that! lol! Thanks for all of the great pictures! I wasn't even going to say anything about Sasha and Victor walking Destiny and Jayda. I mean, we get enough crap for just letting them play together! But I had to say something! It really bothers me that people think our dogs are these man-eating monsters! Our dogs are sweet hearts and as you can clearly see, they love children! They just love humans in general. I'm going to have to get some video of the dogs with the kids. You can see in the pictures that Brooklyn (I would think he's the most intimidating looking out of our three dogs) just lets Sasha hang all over him and he loves every second of it, but you just have to see how they are together! It is too cute! The kids will curl up in a ball and the dogs will get right up underneath them so they can lick them. And it's so cute because you can just tell that the dogs are beside themselves they are so excited, but they stay calm. They don't jump on the kids, they don't do anything that could hurt them, they will just crawl up into their laps and lick them to death! lol! And as far as the walking, our dogs are by no means angels! lol! They do pull sometimes, but just like they automatically know not to jump on the kids, it's like they just know not to pull them! They walk better for the kids than they do for adults! lol!

Last edited by Sam I Am; 11-18-2007 at 02:41 PM..

Old 11-18-2007, 12:17 PM

Gorgeous pictures! Thanks for sharing! What breed are your dogs? They are beautiful!

Last edited by Sam I Am; 11-18-2007 at 02:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs