Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 01:00 AM

1,930 posts, read 10,173,078 times

Advertisements

I have my e-mail set up to send me an alert and a link when any new dog attack comes up. I just received a link to these videos..

Unleashed: Business Of Dog Fighting - Videos - WNBC

Unleashed: The Victims Of Dog Fighting - Videos - WNBC

I live in FL so, I didn't see this on the news, but like I said, I just got an e-mail about it. This really makes me happy! I HATE to hear about any kind of animal abuse or people fighting "pit bulls" or any animals for that matter, but I was very happy to see these videos! I have never seen a story done on "pit bulls" unless it was a "pit bull" attacking or killing someone or something and most of the time those dogs are not even "pit bulls". No one ever talks about why these dogs are mean, they just make it sound like "pit bulls" are these horrible monsters and that's why so many people don't like these three amazing breeds! I'm glad that a news station did a story on this! People need to see that these breeds are not born monsters and they need to know about dog fighting! People need to know that this is going on and we need to do something to stop it! I hope more news stations start doing stories on this!

Last edited by PitBullMommie1206; 08-01-2007 at 02:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 08:32 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
Didnt get to watch the first, as my interweb is slooowwwwww , maybe when I hook up my Vista box and bridge a connection ill get to watch it. 2nd one was good.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:45 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,846,325 times
Great collection. I just wishedthey showed this videos on CNN or other news stations.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:07 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Great videos. I hope they increase the punishment for fighting these dogs. What a shame.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:41 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times
Default Hey PBM....

my husband just called me to let me know, that there is a big article about PBT in todays paper, I guess front page.
I can't wait to read it, and I will post about it later (if it's worth posting)
Hope, it is something GOOD for a change.
Seems like, especially lately, there are numerous postings, articles about dog fighting PB, and how "bad" and "aggressive" that breed is...blah blah blah blah blah.
Morans....what can you do

Old 08-01-2007, 03:00 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
In what paper ?

Old 08-01-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
my husband just called me to let me know, that there is a big article about PBT in todays paper, I guess front page.
I can't wait to read it, and I will post about it later (if it's worth posting)
Hope, it is something GOOD for a change.
Seems like, especially lately, there are numerous postings, articles about dog fighting PB, and how "bad" and "aggressive" that breed is...blah blah blah blah blah.
Morans....what can you do
What paper is it in??? I want to look it up on the internet and read it! Do you know if it's good or bad? Did your husband tell you what it was about?

I'm so beyond sick of seeing and hearing all of these stories about vicious "pit bulls" attacking people, etc and I was so excited when I watched these videos! They weren't talking about "pit bulls" being monsters, they were talking pretty much about how the people doing this to "pit bulls" are the monsters! We still have a long way to go, but this is definitely a big step in the right direction! I'm so excited! I just hope that other news stations start doing stories on this and getting the truth out!

Old 08-01-2007, 04:40 PM

575 posts, read 3,694,566 times
I think besides the hype, part of the fear people have is they perceive these dogs and being very strong, which they are and not being able to control them if they attack... and they might think they could control a biting chiwawa, yes I know it is spelled incorrectly. A biting dog is just that, no matter what breed.

Also I have explored the possibility that these fighting dogs may really like what they are doing due breeding and conditioning. Like retrievers like to retrieve, labs like to play ball, and other breeds like to do Shutzhund work..etc. I do not condone fighting.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chick View Post
I think besides the hype, part of the fear people have is they perceive these dogs and being very strong, which they are and not being able to control them if they attack... and they might think they could control a biting chiwawa, yes I know it is spelled incorrectly. A biting dog is just that, no matter what breed.

Also I have explored the possibility that these fighting dogs may really like what they are doing due breeding and conditioning. Like retrievers like to retrieve, labs like to play ball, and other breeds like to do Shutzhund work..etc. I do not condone fighting.
"Pit bulls" are breeds that were bred to do whatever it takes to please their owners so, I'm sure if they get praised for fighting, they are happy, but I can't see any dog really enjoying being torn up by another dog. With most of these fighting dogs, dog fighting is all they really know. I think it's so sad! Oh, and yes, "pit bulls" are strong. In fact, they are pound for pound some of the strongest breeds out there, but I have no problem controlling my dogs 100%. Even though these breeds are very strong, they are small-medium breeds so, it's not like they are these huge 85-90 pound muscle bound hulks. Our largest is about 50 pounds and I have no problem at all controlling him. I do understand that that is one reason why people are scared of them and I can definitely understand that! I would be scared of a dog if their owner couldn't control it! But, responsible owners wouldn't get a dog that the couldn't control and most people don't realize that the majority of these dogs do have loving, responsible, respectful owners.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:05 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,908,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
"Pit bulls" are breeds that were bred to do whatever it takes to please their owners so, I'm sure if they get praised for fighting, they are happy, but I can't see any dog really enjoying being torn up by another dog. With most of these fighting dogs, dog fighting is all they really know.
I totally agree with that. However, I have a hard time believing that fighting dogs "like" what they do, as another person has stated.

Quote:
responsible owners wouldn't get a dog that the couldn't control and most people don't realize that the majority of these dogs do have loving, responsible, respectful owners.

Let's emphasize the word responsible.
Too many irresponsible people get an APBT and the like, for all the wrong reasons.

I'm glad to see there are more responsible, than irresponsible owners on this BB.

**I couldn't pull up the videos...I'll try later tonight...but I will say, since all of the attention lately with Michael Vick, many media outlets are bringing up the issue of dog fighting.
On my local news tonight they are doing a segment about it. Hopefully, it won't be a jaded report or one sided.**
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs