Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 09:15 AM

1,930 posts, read 10,170,847 times

Advertisements

This isn't one of those horrible graphic videos, but it made me cry just as much as the graphic ones do! This whole thing is so sad! I can't even imagine what these poor dogs went through! Our three APBTs are like our children! We love them to death and would do anything for them! Brooklyn, Destiny and Jayda bring an unbelievable amount of joy and happiness to our lives every single day, and it is truly an honor to be their owner! Anyway, please take a few minutes to watch this video..
YouTube - Michael Vick Indictment

I have to post some pictures of my vicious little monsters! These are pictures of them being mean.. Well, as mean as they get anyway!

Here's Brooklyn just waiting for the right time to attack grandma (that's my grandma, so I guess that's his great grandma)!

Here's my little monster again! What a scary face!

Here's Destiny the day we brought her home.. We should have known she was going to be a little man eater!

Destiny waiting for the perfect time to attack!

Oh, and we can't forget about Jayda! She is our "pit bull" that was abused and neglected by her last owner, so you know she's got to be really mean!

So scary!

And here they are after a long hard day of being monster "pit bulls"!

I know I have posted most of these pictures before, but I have to post pictures any chance I get! What can I say, I'm a proud Pit Bull mommy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 11:06 AM

1,397 posts, read 4,845,089 times
This video made me cry...So sad...

Your monsters are "real monsters"!!!Brooklyn is "practicing" his "human - eating" tactics on the bone!!!

Old 08-21-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastra View Post
This video made me cry...So sad...

Your monsters are "real monsters"!!!Brooklyn is "practicing" his "human - eating" tactics on the bone!!!
Haha! Yeah, doesn't he look sooo scary! lmao! That video made me cry to, but I really like it! It's nice to see that people are thinking are thinking about the poor dogs that were affected in all of this!... OMG, Brooklyn is driving me nuts! I think he wants me to get off the computer now! lol! He keeps coming up to me and putting his nose under my arm and nudging it up onto his head so I will pet him! I better go before he gets mad and eats my arm like he did with that bone! lol!

Old 08-21-2007, 12:09 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,088,529 times
PBM Last night I was walking my fluff and a friend had her golden as well. Here came along a gentleman with the most adorable black pup. I asked if it was a lab and he said no, a pit bull. He was the sweetest little thing and it broke my heart to know that some of these sweet things are tortured until they become mean.
This made me think about the sweet pits I encountered when I was helping with the Katrina dogs. They were the best adjusted after the terrible trauma(the hunting dogs the worst-depressed and traumatizd)and so many of the volunteers adopted them because they took their hearts away.
Now it is also true that poor and selective breeding for traits in fighting dogs has made many of them unpredicatable and outright dangerous. I propose that instead of a ban on the dogs a ban is instituted on the breeding of these dogs except by certified breeders who work for temperment and quality. Any backyard breeding and buying and selling except through these certified breeders or shelters with behavior protocols becomes a felony. They are traced and registered and must not be given away or sold but go back to the breeder if they are no longer wanted. It would take a federal law or individual statewide statutes. What do you think??

Old 08-21-2007, 01:12 PM

180 posts, read 957,099 times

YouTube - The Real Michael Vick Experience

Did you see this one!?

Don't worry, it's not graphic or ugly... But the message had an impact on me.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplewillow View Post

YouTube - The Real Michael Vick Experience

Did you see this one!?

Don't worry, it's not graphic or ugly... But the message had an impact on me.
Haha.. Yeah, I saw that one too.. I watched quite a few of them! There's one where a "pit bull" dumps on a Vick jersey, one where a "pit bull" tears up a Vick stuffed bear, one where someone lit a Vick jersey on fire (they owned a little yorkie and the little thing kept trying to run all over the jersey right before they lit it on fire! ), and then there were a few others that I saw! I love that so many people are making videos like that, it shows that even though these dogs were "pit bulls" people still care and don't think that they should be abused and tortured like that! This whole thing was absolutely horrible, but I hope at least now people will see that these poor dogs are put through a lifetime of abuse, neglect, torture and pain! It's not that these dogs are born mean, they are made mean and I hope that this will help people to see that.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tama View Post
PBM Last night I was walking my fluff and a friend had her golden as well. Here came along a gentleman with the most adorable black pup. I asked if it was a lab and he said no, a pit bull. He was the sweetest little thing and it broke my heart to know that some of these sweet things are tortured until they become mean.
This made me think about the sweet pits I encountered when I was helping with the Katrina dogs. They were the best adjusted after the terrible trauma(the hunting dogs the worst-depressed and traumatizd)and so many of the volunteers adopted them because they took their hearts away.
Now it is also true that poor and selective breeding for traits in fighting dogs has made many of them unpredicatable and outright dangerous. I propose that instead of a ban on the dogs a ban is instituted on the breeding of these dogs except by certified breeders who work for temperment and quality. Any backyard breeding and buying and selling except through these certified breeders or shelters with behavior protocols becomes a felony. They are traced and registered and must not be given away or sold but go back to the breeder if they are no longer wanted. It would take a federal law or individual statewide statutes. What do you think??
I agree! Breeds like the three "pit bull" breeds (American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers and Staffordshire Bull Terriers), Dobermans, Rottweilers, Chow Chows, Huskies, GSDs, Cane Corsos, etc.. any breed that is considered a "dangerous" breed should only be bred by certified breeders that are breeding to better, or at the very least, maintain the breeds. I do agree that the careless breeding that has been going on has produced some not so nice, or down right mean and not so stable dogs, but as I have said many times before, that's not the breed, that's the morons that breed dogs that should never be bred! I HATE backyard breeders and I cannot stand careless people that don't spay and neuter their pets and end up with puppies all over the place! I do not agree with banning any breed or breeds in any way, but I do think something really needs to be done! We should regulate the breeders and regulate who owns dogs! No criminals, drug dealers, gang bangers, etc should be allowed to own any dog PERIOD! We also need to enforce the laws that we already have such as leash laws and have harsher penalties for those who break them. Stuff like that is what will really help, banning breeds will only hurt!

I do have to say though, even with the poorly bred and badly treated "pit bulls", most of the time they are not human aggressive. The "pit bull" breeds are three of the only breeds that have been bred specifically to be amazingly human friendly and APBTs are one of the most stable, people-friendly breeds in existence! These breeds were originally bred to fight animals, but they were also bred to be family companions. Most of these dogs were family pets that lived in homes with children! APBTs were known as nanny dogs and nurse maids dogs for their love and dependability with children! APBTs are American heros and were once the quintessential icon of American family life! Okay, I'm getting a little off track! lol! Sorry.. Anyway, the dog fighting "pit bulls" have to be especially human friendly because their owner and the other dogs owner have to be able to stand right next to them in the pit as they fight. These fighting "pit bulls" are normally put down for one of two reasons.. Either they are so severely injured that they just have to be put down or they are so severely dog aggressive that it wouldn't be fair to anyone to place the dog in a home. Even after being bred to be aggressive and going through the lifetime of abuse, neglect, torture and fighting, most of these dogs are still very, very human friendly.

It so sad that a breed that was an American hero, that was the most popular family breed in the 20's, 40's, 50's and during the first part of the 20th century, can be so hated now! It's heartbreaking! I just don't see how or why someone would just destroy such wonderful breeds! All of this needs to be stopped!

Old 08-21-2007, 05:57 PM

159 posts, read 355,652 times
Cool What ever it is, it is too good for him.

I love that video. Some of the pictures made me lol.

Regardless of the punishment that they give Vick, it's too good for him.

As I have said before, dog fighting, or animal abuse in general needs to be a capital offense.

Maybe once Vick is in prision, they could put him in a pen with a very large career inmate and if he doesn't fair well or fight well enough then....well you know the rest.

The only positive thing that has come of this is that there has been a bit more positive press for the breed. Hopefully it will stay that way and not just fade away after this case is finished.

Those of us that have APBT or mixes don't need to be told what great dogs they really are, but it certainly doesn't hurt to remind the "ignorant masses".

Old 08-21-2007, 08:50 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,088,529 times
I know it will never happen in our lifetimes, but I think that the breeding and selling of any animal should be regulated and licensed. Only enough to provide what is needed and people would have to vie for the pets. It would be a real thrill to finally get your pup or kitten which would be neutered thus no backyard breeding. Strays would disappear and cruelty cases would become a rarity. Veteran pet owners with impeccable credentials would be at the head of the line. No giving away or selling them. If they were not wanted they go back to the breeder. Just dreaming! Sometimes freedom does have a down side

Old 08-21-2007, 09:34 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,275,326 times
Since you asked nice I did watch it & it was very heartwarming & touching...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs