Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 04:09 PM

60 posts, read 84,811 times

Advertisements

Any updates as to what is coming across from the Captain D's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 07:39 PM

1,124 posts, read 924,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevinm View Post
Any updates as to what is coming across from the Captain D's?
Cookout

Old 01-07-2019, 06:49 AM

I would definitely venture to say it's hotel, or a really big Cookout.

Old 01-10-2019, 02:08 PM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Default More Apartments for Garners Ferry Road

Here is another apartment complex for SE Columbia/Lower Richland.. This area has been sluggish for some time and now seems to be slowly emerging. There were two other large complexes that were supposed to be developed near Greenlawn and the other on Patterson.. but there was considerable community opposition.. because I believe they were going to be subsidize. Not sure if they were ever approved. Burnside Farms is also slowly filling in at Pineview and Garners Ferry as well

https://www.columbiasc.net/depts/pla...rry-daphne.pdf

Old 01-13-2019, 05:58 PM

217 posts, read 239,722 times
Looks like Family Dollar bought the Rite Aid building @ the garners ferry/pineview intersection

Old 01-14-2019, 09:10 AM

77 posts, read 78,580 times
Wishing the area across from the med school on garners ferry (substation, barber shop etc) would develop into something. That area is an eye sore, my parents used to own a restaurant there in the 80s and have told me many times that it hasn't changed one bit.

Old 01-15-2019, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock1015 View Post
Wishing the area across from the med school on garners ferry (substation, barber shop etc) would develop into something. That area is an eye sore, my parents used to own a restaurant there in the 80s and have told me many times that it hasn't changed one bit.
Yeah I believe that is Cedar Terrace Shopping Center. It is ripe for redevelopment given the current trend to renovate existing shopping centers. Woodhill Mall through old Kmart and even Landmark have all been renovated and improved and are nearby. That area is also across from liklely through one of the historically m affluent area of the city proper near Hammond

Old 06-09-2019, 10:32 AM

Just wondering...

What happened to the Dairy Queen and Cookout that were slated to come to Garners Ferry?

Anyone tried the "new" Pizza Planet (the "old" one was not a favorite)?

What is being built across from Lower Richland High School?

Why is the old Chinese restaurant besides Popeye's (Wal Mart area) not being redeveloped?

Anyone know...

Old 06-25-2019, 11:53 AM

I see Murphy USA is coming to the lot across from Lower Richland HS. Maybe a DQ or something will move in with this store!

Old 06-25-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock1015 View Post

They had an item in front of the City Board of Zoning Appeals to place gravel over one of their substandard parking lots.. It will be leased (I believe) to the medical school as overflow. To your point.. it is ripe for atleast a facelift/modernization.. Woodhill Mall and Landmark Square have both been redeveloped or had a face lift and are doing well. .. Cedar Terrace is at a prime location for the same thing to happen.. I wish the owners would get with the program.

THis always depresses me about SE.. it tends to lag behind the other areas as a whole though it has the income, demographics and location to support so much more..it has two major interchanges (Leesburg and GF Road) and it still hasn't changed much since it was built in there in the early 90s. YOu would think it would have exploded by now.. commercially.. Residential has been steady...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area