Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 11:51 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,843,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevinm View Post
I do see the Mod Pizza place coming to the strip in front of Target.

The dirt being spread along G Ferry near Trotter Road seems to make for some interesting construction discussion. Is it for the infrastructure of the city or is there new commercial properties being developed in that region?
There's a new tire shop opening up if I'm not mistaken where there is construction going on across from target. The construction near trotter if I'm not mistaken is city infrastructure but there is a lot of land for sale around the area so something might come soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 08:35 PM

217 posts, read 239,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I could see additional supermarkets coming to the Garner's Ferry Road trade area. Publix and Kroger Marketplace are possible.
The old piggly wiggly building across from lowes is just begging for a new tenant. Would be a good location for a KJs IGA or remodeled for publix.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:47 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalzelldragon View Post
The old piggly wiggly building across from lowes is just begging for a new tenant. Would be a good location for a KJs IGA or remodeled for publix.
Publix usually builds new stores from the ground up. It should open a store in the Garners Ferry Road trade area.

Old 05-29-2016, 02:50 PM

217 posts, read 239,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Publix usually builds new stores from the ground up. It should open a store in the Garners Ferry Road trade area.
The Large lot in Burnside farms next to Walgreens would be perfect and would get the area more attention from other businesses and restaurants. When a popular chain builds others may follow.

Old 05-29-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalzelldragon View Post
The Large lot in Burnside farms next to Walgreens would be perfect and would get the area more attention from other businesses and restaurants. When a popular chain builds others may follow.
Has there been speculation of new grocery-anchored retail centers along Garners Ferry Road recently?

Old 06-17-2016, 03:14 PM

60 posts, read 84,811 times
I have noticed they are building a new apartment complex across the street from the Zaxby's.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:49 AM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
This corridor is growing slowly but surely.. but mainly slowly.. I don't know if there is even a master plan for this areas.. so in continues to be a hodge podge of uses and development.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:04 AM

It would be nice for Publix or Kroger to move into the vacant Piggly Wiggly building.

Old 07-03-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevinm View Post
It would be nice for Publix or Kroger to move into the vacant Piggly Wiggly building.
I think either Publix or Kroger (Kroger Marketplace) would construct new stores.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:40 AM

I see there is a Pizza Planet (pizza buffet coming to the plaza with Ollie's and SavALot. Also see further down (Devine) whee the old Church's building was torn down. Any idea of what may be coming?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area