Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 09:31 PM

18,008 posts, read 27,450,890 times

Advertisements

Hell of a game against the Tigers.

But as far as questionable calls go, the Tigers' run to the 2 late, the runner's knee was down before he got out of bounds. So, but heck, blocked extra point to win the game?

Wow.

Edit, turns out, because they got the 1st down, they earned the last play for the score. Then what's the difference? What would have been different had he got out of bounds? Why the drama?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2022, 09:37 PM

4,666 posts, read 3,860,337 times
LSU with 2 muffed punts inside the 10, & FSU blocked 2 kicks (field goal & extra point.) Goodness what a game.

Old 09-05-2022, 06:36 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,864,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I hope you’re right. As someone who grew up loving ACC football, it’s been sad to see how quickly the Noles have fallen from grace.

Although, I personally don’t think they will do much against legitimate opponents in the SEC/Big Ten. They may do ok in the ACC. I think with Chip Kelly’s debut, the Noles will not have much of a chance against LSU. I hope I’m wrong though.
I have to come back to eat my words. Noles looked really impressive. Nice victory!

I didn’t expect them to look that good.

Old 09-05-2022, 07:36 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,918,254 times
Great game! Nole fans showed out big time for a "road game". I was there and the fan count was at best 55/45 in favor of LSU, and the FSU side was much more into it and rocking the whole game!

Old 09-05-2022, 07:47 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,332,362 times
That was quite a “barn-burner” finish!

Old 09-06-2022, 09:48 AM

387 posts, read 351,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Edit, turns out, because they got the 1st down, they earned the last play for the score. Then what's the difference? What would have been different had he got out of bounds? Why the drama?
Yeah...it really didn't matter. Either way the clock would have stopped and they had time for one play. My guess is the thought was the clock would run, but the 1st down negated that.

All in all this was one of those games don't know what to think about. Very happy we got the win, and there was marked improvement in just about every aspect. Special teams saved the day for sure, but we did miss a FG and have a couple bad kick offs. How is LSU as a team going to be though? Did we beat a good LSU team? Or did we beat a LSU team that is trending down? Game should have been out of reach between the missed FG and no points before halftime, but we couldn't do that. But we are at the "win close" stage of a rebuild, and if we follow the blue print good things will come.

Old 09-09-2022, 03:58 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,641,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Hell of a game against the Tigers.

But as far as questionable calls go, the Tigers' run to the 2 late, the runner's knee was down before he got out of bounds. So, but heck, blocked extra point to win the game?

Wow.

I lived in Tallahassee for about 13 years. I remember during the Bowden Era when Chris Rix lost to Miami five times. I recall jogging to campus from near Tharpe St. and saw a sign by Tennessee St. that said "Chris Rix sucks". It was hilarious. This was around the time of the "wide right" series of close field-goal losses against the U. The Nole fans were very frustrated as Bowden's success went in decline by the mid 2000s.

By contrast, FSU actually won last weekend against LSU with a blocked field goal. I was VERY SURPRISED. It was surreal. They must have partied that night like "Frank the Tank" or Jim Morrison of the Doors (he attended FSU) back on Tennessee St.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zniDzLLhcjg

Here is Morrison - a brief frame set of him at FSU is shown around 0:47 sec. He studied hard and partied hard at FSU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dI-M0VZuEQ

But FSU has tough games coming up. Can they keep up the momentum? No doubt optimism is high. However, at some point they will have to play Florida.

Old 09-09-2022, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
But FSU has tough games coming up. Can they keep up the momentum? No doubt optimism is high. However, at some point they will have to play Florida.
I see Clemson and Miami as being tougher games than Florida, though all three are winnable. We nearly beat both Florida and Clemson last year, both on the road. We get both at Doak this year.

Old 09-16-2022, 09:54 PM

Great road win against Louisville tonight! Our best players on O and D went down with injuries, but the team never gave up. Tate Rodemaker showed out after a shaky start!

First 3-0 start since 2015!

Old 09-19-2022, 06:40 AM

387 posts, read 351,868 times
We need to get our FG situation fixed. We have won the last two games in spite of our FG kicking. I am all for going for it on 4th down if you feel it is the right call, but the FG game is making it so we have to go for it every time instead of being able to take points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football