Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2022, 07:57 AM

13,647 posts, read 7,963,467 times

Advertisements

With Bama losing, there may be an outside chance we get them in a bowl matchup if we win out

I loved the Miami win. My favorite play was when Jammie Robinson slung their QB down with authority. I could just watch that play on reel over and over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2022, 12:22 PM

387 posts, read 352,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
With Bama losing, there may be an outside chance we get them in a bowl matchup if we win out

I loved the Miami win. My favorite play was when Jammie Robinson slung their QB down with authority. I could just watch that play on reel over and over.
Can't say I would be doing the "WE WANT BAMA!!" chant yet. We are much improved but Bama is still Bama. While I would argue we should be ranked higher (considering all of our losses were against ranked opponents and we beat the current media darling LSU), I also believe this is a team that needs to take things in stride and not get over confident.

Jammie Robinson taking that QB down was just awesome. Because it was great to see that swagger and mentality from a positive perspective. Under late Jimbo and Taggart, too long we had guys celebrating making a tackle 10 yards down field after their WR got a 1st down and we are losing. I haven't seen that in a while which speaks again to the culture.

Old 11-13-2022, 01:05 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,885,576 times
Really nice win for the Noles last night. Syracuse, while not a great team, was statistically the best defensive team in the ACC and has had a solid season. To go on the road and win convincingly really showed me something. I mentioned earlier in this thread that this was my game to watch. Definitely showed me a lot with this win.

Old 11-14-2022, 08:26 AM

Was a great win for them. I was a "believer" in Syracuse, but may have been a bit of a bias since I am from there. I thought they were better than many gave them credit for, but their season is in free fall. Defensively, they really were "good" because of their opponents. Their best team they held down was going to be NC St, and that was somewhat skewed since they had their backup QB.

Having said that, again this speaks to the 'Noles playing strong and finishing. SU was very much a lesser opponent, in the same vein as GT and even Miami. And FSU pushed them around. This team is believing in themselves tremendously. Could have easily been a trap game with it being a night game up there. But kudos to the coaching staff, they had them focused. Good game calling on both sides of the ball.

Now we just need to have a clean game this coming Saturday as we gear up for the showdown with UF. I still am very cautious on that one. UF QB's seem to have wonderful days against us when everything says otherwise (looking at you Jeff Driskel). The way I have seen the team play these last three games, even though they were against very much less than subpar teams, I have been VERY impressed with the play calling, composure, and general feeling this team has. This is most definitely a TEAM in the truest sense, and I now have a sneaky feeling that while I have concerns about the UF game...these guys have it circled on their calendar to make a statement.

GO 'NOLES!!!!

Old 11-14-2022, 09:08 AM

13,647 posts, read 7,963,467 times
I love how much fun our players are having. It's contagious and makes them very fun to watch!

Old 11-21-2022, 11:55 AM

Well...here we are. Rivalry/UF week. I see good ol' AR15 has generated the poster material saying "when we win"....guess we will find out Friday! I do have concerns about this game as mentioned. When AR15 is throwing the ball well, they are VERY difficult to defend. And he is mobile enough to cause problems. FSU needs to play disciplined. I do believe we will be able to run the ball well and open things up for Travis in the air, but our D is going to be the key to this game.

I get the feeling the good guys are internally looking at this as a statement game..and one to clearly redeem themselves for last year.

Old 11-26-2022, 05:23 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,885,576 times
So happy for the Noles. 9 win season. Knocking off 2 good SEC opponents, including #5 LSU and now their top in state rival Florida. They blew out their other in-state rival Miami too. But more importantly they are playing the right way (disciplined, tough, prepared). Glad to see them back to being relevant again.

Off-topic, but as great as FSU is playing, it’s still a little sad to see just how far Miami has fallen. I’m old enough to remember when FSU, Miami, and Florida were among the best trio of teams in CFB year in year out during the 90’s-early 2000s. Miami has hit rock bottom this year.

Old 11-26-2022, 07:26 AM

1,992 posts, read 979,641 times
Congrats on the W!

Old 11-28-2022, 06:00 AM

Well....that was some game! Very impressed with how the 'Noles kept fighting. I wasn't surprised UF was going what they were, as they do have a strong run game and AR15 can be tough as nails. Was very worried when we trailed going in at half time. But man...what a 3rd quarter! That 3 and out to start the 2nd half was the difference right there. I think if UF goes down and scores it really is a different ball game.

I thought at the beginning of the season 9 wins was possible, but I was thinking more along the lines of 7, so happy to be wrong on that one. I think given where FSU was, this is nothing short of incredible. Can it be sustained though? Coach has heavily used the transfer portal, but there are not going to be those gotta have guys that can make an impact every year. Gotta get the recruits and develop them up. But I am very optimistic!

Old 11-28-2022, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
So happy for the Noles. 9 win season. Knocking off 2 good SEC opponents, including #5 LSU and now their top in state rival Florida. They blew out their other in-state rival Miami too. But more importantly they are playing the right way (disciplined, tough, prepared). Glad to see them back to being relevant again.

Off-topic, but as great as FSU is playing, it’s still a little sad to see just how far Miami has fallen. I’m old enough to remember when FSU, Miami, and Florida were among the best trio of teams in CFB year in year out during the 90’s-early 2000s. Miami has hit rock bottom this year.
Ah...the golden era of football in the state of Florida. Each Miami-FSU and FSU-UF game had major national title implications (of course, no UF-Miami games because UF always ducked them).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football