Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2023, 06:50 AM

1,992 posts, read 978,033 times

Advertisements

I think it is common practice for schools to extend coaches after a great season. Tennessee extended Josh Heupel too this off-season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2023, 07:19 AM

387 posts, read 352,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
I think it is common practice for schools to extend coaches after a great season. Tennessee extended Josh Heupel too this off-season.
Yeah, it is common practice. And not a practice I like. You spend all this money after a good season then if it doesn't pan out you are stuck with a big bad. But is what it is in this day and age.

Old 02-10-2023, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctousley819 View Post
Yeah, it is common practice. And not a practice I like. You spend all this money after a good season then if it doesn't pan out you are stuck with a big bad. But is what it is in this day and age.
Yes, most coaches tend to get fired several years (at most) after. The huge buyout hurts. Not every coach is Nick Saban or Dabo Swinney who is at the top of the game just about every year.

Old 02-27-2023, 11:13 AM

Alford fired the first shot to get us out of the ACC..looking forward to watching the dominoes fall. Finally someone talking about the elephant in the room. Very confident we are going to be making moves soon.

Old 02-27-2023, 11:33 AM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctousley819 View Post
Alford fired the first shot to get us out of the ACC..looking forward to watching the dominoes fall. Finally someone talking about the elephant in the room. Very confident we are going to be making moves soon.
I sure hope so. Signing that GOR deal was probably the single dumbest move ever made by FSU's administration.

Since Oklahoma and Texas were able to buy their way out of their B12 contract, I'm certain that something can be done - though it might be expensive.

Old 02-28-2023, 02:58 PM

It's not hope for me. I fully believe it is happening. Just a matter of when.

Old 09-04-2023, 10:15 AM

Awesome win last night! First half was nerve racking, ww were definitely fortunate to only be down by 3. Some bad miscommunication led to somewhere plays, but they buckled down for some nice goal line stands.

Best 2nd half adjustments I have seen in a long time. Offensively bringing Bell I. The backfield really opened things up in the 2md half. Offense was rolling at that point. Travis settled down, guys made plays. Coleman and Bell are going to be for the offense what guys like Verse, Johnson, and Robinson were for rhe defense transfer wise. Just elevate it.

Offensive line play was a sight for sore eyes. LSU d-line is no joke, probably the best we will play all year. But they gave Travis time when needed and played extremely well.

Defense had some.more communication snafus in the 2nd half, but loved some of the aggressive nature. Fuller went man to man and really trusted the DB's. Definitely can improve there, but if the offense hums like it did 2nd half the defense will feed off of it and it's going to be fun.

And man...that hit on Daniels when he jumped was NASTY!!

Great day to be a 'Nole! Like Herbstreit said on the telecast last night...been a long time since we seen the team look like this. There was a swagger there..

Old 09-05-2023, 07:18 AM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
I've been telling everyone all spring and summer that this is going to be a special year!

After that whooping Duke put on Clemson last night, Duke might be our toughest opponent left!

Old 09-05-2023, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I've been telling everyone all spring and summer that this is going to be a special year!

After that whooping Duke put on Clemson last night, Duke might be our toughest opponent left!
Clemson left a lot of points on the field, similar to LSU did in the red zone. I don't expect Clemson to be the same team when we play them.

I said this a few times last year, but this group of guys is definitely a team and they play for each other. And in this day and age, you love to see it.

Shore up the DB communication, and we may have something REALLY special. Then the question is going to be can coach sustain it? He has a very veteran team right now, and we lose a lot. Has a good recruiting class so far. Can he motivate and get the young guys to buy in? Certainly trending that way!

Old 09-05-2023, 04:50 PM

Congrats FSU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football