Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 01:50 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,140,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
I knew that would be the reaction. All this national media talk about how endeared the Tigers have been to Detroit all year is complete ignorant BS.

Regardless, a sincere congrats. And a sincere encouragement to embarrass yourselves in the first round again.
Don'y worry Toast. If it were my Yankees we'd be hearing the same thing, and then some.We would be considered the biggest choke artists. You guys put up a good fight but the Twins wanted it more this time around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 04:31 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,443,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
I knew that would be the reaction. All this national media talk about how endeared the Tigers have been to Detroit all year is complete ignorant BS.
Very true. This was not a likeable team at all. Why do you think no one showed up for the big Twins series at Comerica? Everyone knew the Tigers were a fraud, and that they would gag in the end. No one wants to watch an AL team with 2 good pitchers, subpar defense and no offensive capability. If I had a dollar for every man those hitters left on base this year I'd be shopping at the nearest Lamborghini dealership today. And then there's Cabrera......that TOTALLY took the sting out of it! To hell with him. Fire Dombrowski, Leyland and the rest of the staff save Rick Knapp. See ya next year.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:04 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,185,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
#1 - Momentum will be on Minnesota's side heading into next week's 4-game series in Detroit. Twins have won 10 of 11 while the Tigers have lost 9 of their past 16 games. Detroit will also likely be looking past their 3-game set in Chicago this weekend and drop a game or two to the White Sox. Detroit has no off-day and needs to travel nearly 1/8 of the way across country (and to a different time-zone) from Cleveland to Chicago and face a rested, desperate and resurgent White Sox team that almost beat the Twins in 2 out of the 3 games just played between the two teams. Meanwhile the Twins should have an easy time in Kansas City facing star pitcher Zack Greinke who has yet to beat the Twins this year.

I "tip my hat" to you, Ghengis

When you started this thread I thouight--" no way"

You nailed it !

Old 10-07-2009, 06:17 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,981,089 times
Congrats Twin Fans.

That was an amazing game!

Old 10-07-2009, 07:02 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,486,389 times
Another amazing game 163, it is almost like they are scripted they are so good. The Metrodome was rocking like it was 1991 last night!

Old 10-07-2009, 07:09 AM

5,985 posts, read 4,377,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
Congrats Twin Fans.

That was an amazing game!
Seconded. If the Twins get past my Yankees I'll be rooting for them to go all the way. Their Appalachian League farm team is in my home town.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:15 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,921,314 times

Sorry. I just can't stop smiling.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:31 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,339,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Seconded. If the Twins get past my Yankees I'll be rooting for them to go all the way. Their Appalachian League farm team is in my home town.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:15 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
Default My plan for the Twins ascent to world domination is clearly falling right into place!

Last night's game went pretty much as to be expected. While some may question their decision to wait until the very last moment to clinch the AL Central as a bit risky, they really had to try a different tactic this time around and try the 'ol sneak-up-from-behind trick. Because as some may have noticed, it's proven somewhat difficult for us to beat New York in recent years. So being a bit worn out and sleepy-eyed, they knew that they would have to give this 1st one away. Just for fun they tried to score a couple of early runs and when they saw that they could, they turned it off for the night.

Now that they have cleverly lulled the Yankees into a false sense of security, it should be pretty easy to win on Friday and head home with Dome-Field Advantage. This off day is perfect for them. Maybe go see Cats or the Empire State Building. Just relax, go back to the hotel early, get some nice sleep and show up on time for Friday's game.

I can state with utmost, unwavering confidence...Twins take this seies in four games! Or five...maybe.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:54 AM

5,985 posts, read 4,377,584 times
A clever plan indeed. But not the only clandestine plot afoot. Tonight Joe Mauer will be wined and dined and shown the town by a couple of Yankee stars. They might even let him try on the pinstripes. I doubt that this ploy will work since Joe grew up in St. Paul, but it never hurts to try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball