Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 05:42 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,111,076 times

Advertisements

You can't win 'en all if you don't win the first one.

Of about 30 "experts", 4 chose the Twins to win the ALC...26 chose the 9ndians in a once-again weak division.

Good start today...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 08:03 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,471,122 times
Berrios was awesome. He's gonna break out this year. Just hope his elbow doesn't get too strained from throwing that big bending curve. Enjoyed the old school pitching duel yesterday.

Sano's injury allowing Gonzalez to start at 3rd is a blessing in disguise. Gonzalez is a better player and they don't have to worry about the constant weight and health issues. Right away he comes through with the game winning RBI in game one.

Not a big fan of Falvine's analytical approach tot the game, but I gotta admit they made some decent moves this offseason. As always, success will depend on the pitching, though. Need big years not only from Berrios, but from the next two spots in the rotation which I believe are Gibson and Pineda. Taylor Rogers looks like he's ready to take it to the next level out of the bullpen.

Win Twins!

Old 04-01-2019, 09:37 AM

So the next 2 rotation spots were actually Odorizzi and Pineda.......and they were both great this weekend, although Pineda only went 4 innings. Bullpens been good all things considered, but Harper can't be walking people like he did with a big lead. Fortunately he got out of it this time.

Astudillo needs to be starting. Guy is a ballplayer and he excites/energizes the fans and his teammates. Castro and Garver are only backup material anyway.

Good to see Buxton come out of the gate fairly strong, but with his history it's gonna take at least half a season for me to believe he's turned things around.

Royals in KC next and then a good early season test in Philly this weekend.

Old 04-01-2019, 09:46 AM

Pineda at 3rd. I think they should have kept Santana, personally.

Winning series against division opponents is critical, especially the team that has been picked to win our division.

Old 04-01-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Pineda at 3rd. I think they should have kept Santana, personally.

Winning series against division opponents is critical, especially the team that has been picked to win our division.
I wonder if they're talking to Boras about Dallas Keuchel again? At this point, with teams obviously wary about giving him a long term contract, he may settle for a one year deal, and they need a quality lefthanded starter badly, even though his Cy Young season may have been an anomaly. Stick him in that rotation now (if he's healthy) and many, including me, will declare the Twins at least co-frontrunners for the central.

Old 04-01-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
I wonder if they're talking to Boras about Dallas Keuchel again? At this point, with teams obviously wary about giving him a long term contract, he may settle for a one year deal, and they need a quality lefthanded starter badly, even though his Cy Young season may have been an anomaly. Stick him in that rotation now (if he's healthy) and many, including me, will declare the Twins at least co-frontrunners for the central.
Is Kohl Stewart at 4th or 5th? With Gibson?

From the looks of yesterday they won't have a lot of issues producing runs.

Old 04-01-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Is Kohl Stewart at 4th or 5th? With Gibson?

From the looks of yesterday they won't have a lot of issues producing runs.
I think the rotation order is technically 1-Berrios, 2-Odorizzi, 3-Pineda, 4-Gibson, 5-Perez.....but as we saw yesterday, Baldelli is going to keep us guessing with his use of the pitchers.

As for scoring runs, I tend to agree.....especially once it warms up and balls really start to jump off the bat. Remember also, Rosario did nothing this weekend, and he may be the best hitter on the team. Once he gets going they could definitely be dangerous. My chief concern is them focusing too much on the long ball, which will inevitably lead to a ton of strikeouts and in turn a low on base percentage. If they do make the playoffs they'll need to be able to manufacture runs against top notch pitching - as seen in games 1 and 2 of the Indians series vs. Kluber and Bauer, 2 of the AL's best starters - so it'll be interesting to see what their record turns out to be when facing the leagues best pitching throughout the year. That's always a good indicator of how a team will fare in postseason. Getting ahead of myself perhaps, but I really think this team can give Cleveland a run, even though once it gets warmer and the Indians start getting back some of their cornerstone hitters (Lindor, Kipnis) they'll be much tougher than they were this past weekend, IMO. I'd like to think it could be a battle down to the wire for a playoff spot, but Cleveland are the reigning division champs and the Twins still have a lot of pitching questions to be answered, so....

Old 04-03-2019, 10:30 PM

Gritty come-back win today! Off to a good start...

Old 04-04-2019, 06:07 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,142,080 times
Twins leading the AL in hitting at .265

Old 04-06-2019, 07:01 AM

Polanco hitting for cycle and Odo cra--ing the bed again.

I think Polanco in the lineup all last season could have been a big help and maybe got them into the post season.

Anyways first cycle in a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul