Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 09:58 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times

Advertisements

My gut/hunch tells me this team is the real deal. Indeed in due time we will see...they should move one of their catchers (maybe Jeffers?) For another legit Starter pitching
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2019, 12:11 PM

6,556 posts, read 7,136,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
If you're referring to Royce Lewis, probably not anytime soon with a current .237 BA at Fort Myers.

Pineda is definitely the weak link in that rotation and Perez showed some signs of his former Texas self yesterday serving up a couple taters. Hildenberger was awful this weekend as well. Not impressed with splitting 4 with the lowly Tigers. How many runners did they leave in scoring position in this series?

The Common Man.......I'm sorry, but I have never happened upon a sports radio station as bad as KFAN. I've lived in 7 major metros and even Atlanta - which I consider the worst sports town in the country - has better sports radio than we do here. This Common Man clown talks more about Detroit (where he's from) than the TC's and is constantly promoting himself in some fashion, not to mention he doesn't have a CLUE about sports. Mark Rosen is decent to listen to, but he's only on for like an hour a day now. All the other shows on KFAN are circus acts, too. Dallas/Ft. Worth and Detroit have the best sports radio of anywhere I've lived.

Anyway....Angels coming to town. Let's see if the Tigers put a dent in this teams drive.
The Common Man is either dislike or tolerate with me, his golf stories are terrible and all he talks about is himself. A guy on my hockey team played him in golf tourney and whooped him and said he talked about himself and the show the entire round, he couldn't wait for it to end. His learning to count in Detroit is great, 0-1 0-2...Tenna-B is terrible. I like PA's show. The morning show I like a lot, but I don't listen to it much. Meat sauce I used to loath at first, but he's grown on me a ton. Rosen needs to be on more.

Old 05-14-2019, 06:48 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,447,728 times
Mini slide goin' on right now. Lost 3 of 4. I don't like the way Baldelli jacks with the lineup so much. Why is Schoop not playing every day? Gibson and Odorizzi need to put the kabosh on this slump. Twins have not played well at home the past 2 seasons.

Old 05-15-2019, 03:17 AM

Just when I was going to suggest 'why not make Garver their C for the future he goes and gets injured.

Old 05-15-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Just when I was going to suggest 'why not make Garver their C for the future he goes and gets injured.
Initial diagnosis high ankle sprain with more tests coming today. Can't believe the Angels didn't challenge that play, Ohtani may have got that foot in there.

Gibson just cannot seem to maintain a decent outing for more than 5 or 6 innings.

Bullpen was great last night.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:35 AM

Just in - Sano has been called up from Rochester to take Garver's spot on the roster.

I wish I could get excited about that. Prove the doubters wrong, big boy.

Old 05-15-2019, 10:14 AM

Garver was on pace to hit quite a few homers.

Old 05-17-2019, 05:40 AM

And the Twins just keep pounding the ball. Sano 2-5 last night as well.

Old 05-17-2019, 01:57 PM

4,863 posts, read 6,927,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
And the Twins just keep pounding the ball. Sano 2-5 last night as well.
Ok, speculation time. When Garver returns, OBVIOUSLY there is a roster spot for him. If Sano hits like he's capable of with power, who gets sent down? Jake Cave would be to me the obvious choice if hasn't been sent down already. If cave is already optioned, do we go with 1 less pitcher or do we send down a position player, most likely Adrianza? Sending down Adrianza will be tough to do as he has played phenomenally on defense and has really started coming on offensively as well. Other possibility being La Tortuga and going with 2 catchers. He's played pretty good as well overall and can play several positions. He always puts the ball in play as I believe he only has 2 strikeouts this season.

Very tough call for management.

Old 05-17-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Ok, speculation time. When Garver returns, OBVIOUSLY there is a roster spot for him. If Sano hits like he's capable of with power, who gets sent down? Jake Cave would be to me the obvious choice if hasn't been sent down already. If cave is already optioned, do we go with 1 less pitcher or do we send down a position player, most likely Adrianza? Sending down Adrianza will be tough to do as he has played phenomenally on defense and has really started coming on offensively as well. Other possibility being La Tortuga and going with 2 catchers. He's played pretty good as well overall and can play several positions. He always puts the ball in play as I believe he only has 2 strikeouts this season.

Very tough call for management.
But it's a good problem to have. This team 8s really looking like the real deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul