Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 09:19 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,454,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Polanco hitting for cycle and Odo cra--ing the bed again.

I think Polanco in the lineup all last season could have been a big help and maybe got them into the post season.

Anyways first cycle in a while.
Odorizzi is who we thought he was. One good outing occasionally mixed with mediocre performances and meltdowns like last night. When he's off he's REALLY off.

Philly are a beast. Hard to keep an offense like that down, especially in that ridiculous bandbox stadium of theirs, but these are the type of teams they'll need to be be competitive with if they're serious about contention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019, 10:38 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,096,574 times
That was a nice bounce-back sweep against a weak Orioles club over the weekend.

Nice win last night against a decent 'Stros.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:46 AM

Still looking good. Pineda has been the biggest failure so far...but the Twins (along with two other clubs) are on pace to break team-HR record.

Who would have thunk it..."small ball" Twins are now bombers.

Old 05-02-2019, 08:17 PM

Best record in the AL as of tonight. Those outings from Odorizzi and Perez this week were the stuff dreams are made of. Their problem has always been consistency, though, so let's see if they keep it up. Berrios is now officially the ace of the staff. Pineda is really out of shape to start, and could be having arm trouble on top of it, seeing he was out a year after Tommy John sx. He needs to lose some lbs. like Sano does. Buxton's been playing well, but he needs to quit diving and jumping for balls that he doesn't need to....like that one today. He was already under it when he decides to jump and comes down with his spikes in the wall mat. He's gonna get hurt again doing that.

Speaking of Sano, does anyone really want to see him try to wedge his way back into the lineup? These guys are killing it, man.......hate to mess with that right now. I guess if Buxton can come back and play fairly well then maybe Sano can, too, but I don't have nearly as much hope for Sano, given his lack of defensive ability in comparison to Buxton. Sano's attempted comeback in the midst of this success is like that annoying kid who keeps wanting to play with you and your friends but totally sucks so no one wants him.

Now comes the real test. Can they go to the Bronx this weekend and show the Yanks they're finally not scared of them anymore?

Old 05-03-2019, 11:08 AM

Yes...let's see how they do against the Evil Empire.

So far, though, this year has exceeded expectations for me..

Old 05-03-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Yes...let's see how they do against the Evil Empire.

So far, though, this year has exceeded expectations for me..
Oh, without question. The pitching especially. Everyone knew they’d be able to score.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:01 PM

Swept Toronto in their place outscoring them 20-1 in the process.

This team is like the ice cream truck breaking down in front of your house. Too good to be true right now.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Swept Toronto in their place outscoring them 20-1 in the process.

This team is like the ice cream truck breaking down in front of your house. Too good to be true right now.
Yes. But this is how good teams go...they just get Ws.

So glad to see Gibson having some decent outings this season.

And 5-0 Perez salary hit is a lowly $1M. Not bad.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Yes. But this is how good teams go...they just get Ws.

So glad to see Gibson having some decent outings this season.

And 5-0 Perez salary hit is a lowly $1M. Not bad.
This pitching coach they plucked from Arkansas is the team MVP right now as far as I'm concerned. Like I said, everyone figured they'd rake......but this pitching? Wow.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
This pitching coach they plucked from Arkansas is the team MVP right now as far as I'm concerned. Like I said, everyone figured they'd rake......but this pitching? Wow.
Odo is doing good too. This Perez guy...I really didn't know much about him but for a million bucks, 5-0 is pretty nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul