Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2024, 06:25 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,945,139 times

Advertisements

I just got a summons in the mail telling me I am being charged with distubing the peace and when I went to the police station they said it had to do with my dog barking? Has this very happened to anyone else. I had a neighbor complain to me several months ago but I thought the problem was resolved. No police visits ot prior letters from any agency or person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2024, 06:49 AM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Good. Anyone that neglects their dog and their neighbors deserves to be cited. Pay the fine, do better and move on. Glad they're cracking down on this.

Old 01-24-2024, 07:36 AM

1,688 posts, read 1,268,254 times
It must be bad if it's come to this. Don't be a bad neighbor.

Old 01-24-2024, 12:02 PM

7,502 posts, read 4,347,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
It must be bad if it's come to this. Don't be a bad neighbor.

We had that problem only our neighbor started a dog watching business. At any given time she had 10 dogs that would bark all day when she went to work. Yeah she had a job and during the day the dogs were left unattended in her fenced in yard. Sometimes she'd go out at night with her boyfriend, come home in the wee hours of the morning and the dogs would be barking all night. I called the sheriff's department and they waited for her to come home. Her boyfriend was drunk dropped her off and took off when he saw the sheriff's car. At any rate it cost her a lot of money in fines and they shut down her business.

She was not the owner of the house, was only renting it and wasn't there long. Soon after she moved, thank God and we now have good neighbors who bought the house. Sometimes you really have to wonder what goes through some people's heads? Whatever makes them think that people in the neighborhood are gonna' put up with that?

Old 01-24-2024, 12:43 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
i just got a summons in the mail telling me i am being charged with distubing the peace and when i went to the police station they said it had to do with my dog barking? Has this very happened to anyone else. I had a neighbor complain to me several months ago but i thought the problem was resolved. No police visits ot prior letters from any agency or person.

HALLELUJAH

Old 01-24-2024, 05:16 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,945,139 times
This forum has truly turned into a hatefest that is why there are so few postings.

Old 01-24-2024, 08:34 PM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Quote:
This forum has truly turned into a hatefest that is why there are so few postings.
You were cited for disturbing your neighbors and neglecting your dog and you wanted a congratulations? What a bizarre sense of entitlement.

As someone else mentioned, those citations are hard to get. They require multiple neighbors filing together. You must be pretty awful to live near. Instead of complaining about the “haters”, you’d be better served by a modicum of introspection.

Old 01-25-2024, 04:23 AM

1,859 posts, read 837,121 times
i had to cover my windows with styrofoam due to the dogs barking across the road, bring the dog in with you, they just want to be with you,

so you got a little fine, they ought to triple it and give you weekend in jail. barking dogs is purnishment for others to have to listen too

Old 01-25-2024, 06:46 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Quote:

Why and how long was your dog barking for? Was it left outside 24/7 in the heat? Are you one of those people who feel animals shouldn't be in the house? Just curious. We have a lot of animal lovers here so if they feel you are neglecting your dog and being inconsiderate to your neighbors, then don't expect a "love fest".

Old 01-25-2024, 06:50 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,807,922 times
Quote:
This is a huge problem all across the valley so what did you expect the response here to be? Pity that you received a citation for your inconsiderate acts? Like others have said it take a lot of complaints to receive a citation and there's so many rude, inconsiderate dog owners here. Why have a dog if you're just going to leave them alone outside? I'm sure you wouldn't like being stuck outside alone all day/night while the rest of your family was inside together.

Also there are many who work different shifts so they're trying to sleep during the day. Then many work from home now so imagine trying to get your work done or being on a Zoom call listening to this. You need to realize others do not want to listen to your dog barking non stop day/night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona