Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 04:34 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,215,973 times

Advertisements

While many people move to the area....often times they are left to search out for things that remind them of back home (more often then not it is food related).

With that in mind I've realized (after being here for some time now) that I now have certain things that I have grown rather fond of (the addiction part came into play today when we went to go pick up one of "my" items). No sooner had we walked in the door and my DH asked the employee behind the counter if they have a 12 step program.

Anyway I thought it might be interesting to see if anyone else has found a place, or thing, or food, or a certain restaurant dish they just can't live with out (feel free to include things you have found in Meck. or Union county too).

I will start....My name is lovethecarolinas and I am addicted to:

Hickory Smoked Sea Salt Sandy Creek Herb Co./Provisions located in Indian Land, SC
Provisions by Sandy Creek - Home (they also have a store in downtown Waxhaw too.)

I first started using this on chicken, then it was eggs, pizza, turkey burgers,......

The next thing is:

Sweet Bourbon Glaze The Peach Stand in Fort Mill, SC
http://peachstand.com/

I am hesitant to mention this one as they have been known to be sold out of this quite often (leaving me to buy several bottles at a time when it's in stock). Anyway this stuff is killer, and makes awesome kabobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 07:16 PM

396 posts, read 977,490 times
Yes - it's most definitely food related! If I ever have to leave here - I will miss Waldhorn in Pineville. They have THE BEST POTATO PANCAKES EVER!!!! Seriously, I have to order some EVERY time we go there!!! I've never had potato pancakes like them anywhere. I want the recipe! Also - Tsunami in Concord has the best carrots I've ever tasted! Go ahead - try them! You'll see!!!

Now - what I miss from New York VERY much - Grandma Brown's Baked Beans and Webers Mustard.

California - In n' Out Burger! Boy, when we go to visit family, that is usually our first stop! It goes like this: land at airport, rental car place, In n' Out Burger, family. In that order. Every time.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:17 PM

Oh - also from New York - WEGMANS!!!! Please bring one here!!!!

Old 08-08-2013, 06:46 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,302,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plotzonit View Post
Oh - also from New York - WEGMANS!!!! Please bring one here!!!!
Hear, hear! I agree!

Old 08-08-2013, 07:01 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,302,429 times
Mac's Speed Shop on South Blvd for BBQ
City Tavern at Rivergate for the appetizer menu
Peking Tokyo in Fort Mill for their crab rangoon
Soho Bisto in uptown Charlotte for their pineapple chicken
Beef 'n' Bottle on South Blvd for their entire menu.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:37 PM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,657,101 times
What a nice thread suggestion

Okay...off of the top of my head:

Victoria's Diner (which is sadly no longer open for dinner): the BEST peach and strawberry cobbler.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:38 PM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,657,101 times
Oh! I almost forgot: Abbots Farm in Gaffney. Their peach bread is so good it's worth the ride (IMHO).

Old 08-08-2013, 08:40 PM

Mac's Speed Shop has an awesome Brunswick stew!

Old 08-09-2013, 01:21 PM

194 posts, read 431,241 times
The Peach Stand-For everything they have!!
Maxwells Tavern-Its in Waxhaw and I love it
Firebirds-I know its a chain but its a definite favorite
Southern Spirits-It has every type of alcohol I would ever need under 1 roof
Villa Antonio-Great Italian Food & Service
I would miss all the plazas like Blakeney that have live music on the weekends
I would miss everything about the South! We just love it here!!

Old 08-15-2013, 08:18 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,215,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
Mac's Speed Shop on South Blvd for BBQ
City Tavern at Rivergate for the appetizer menu
Peking Tokyo in Fort Mill for their crab rangoon
Soho Bisto in uptown Charlotte for their pineapple chicken
Beef 'n' Bottle on South Blvd for their entire menu.
I need to add Peking Tokyo to my list.

We do lunch there quite often.....so much so that they remember what, and how we order.

Last edited by lovethecarolinas; 08-15-2013 at 08:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties