Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 12:27 PM
NDL NDL started this thread

4,521 posts, read 5,681,344 times

Advertisements

In the next six months, we'll be looking for a one bedroom house apartment. Not interested in anything fancy; just interested in good neighbors, something that's safe, clean, and quiet.

Anyone have any idea what a one bedroom apartment in a house will run? The better (safer/quieter) garden apartments can be expensive.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 12:54 PM

30 posts, read 57,113 times
I can give you a top end option... The Paddock at Springfield, near my house, has very nice 1BR apts for $735-775. I'd consider them a "luxury" option as apartments go. Across the street from the Anne Springs Close Greenway. Across the street behind them from the Springfield golf course. Very safe and quiet location in a natural setting where there will never be a gaggle of neighbors around you.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:19 PM

Thank you for your helpful reply !

That range is a little more than what we'd like to spend, but I guess that might be the price of admission for somewhere that's clean, quiet, and safe?

Merry Christmas to all !

Old 01-07-2012, 11:56 PM

30 posts, read 57,113 times
Well, I can't speak for the areas not around me. There are bunches of apartments in the area. I can only say that The Paddock is in a quiet, almost country, setting and the residents they seem to be attracting are not crazies.

Maybe someone can pipe in w/ info about other places in Fort Mill or Rock Hill.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:32 PM

157 posts, read 381,926 times
Default 1 bedroom apartment

It will be very hard to find an apartment "in a house."

Fort Mill has higher rates for apartments than Rock Hill.

You should be able to find a decent one bedroom for $545-$595 in a Rock Hill apartment community.

Anything under $495 would probably not be suitable for you based on your description of what you are looking for.

Check Craigslist.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:22 AM

Thank you for your input . Like I said, my Wife & I are quiet people, so The Paddock might be worth the price of admission (it's not that we're snooty or overly picky; it's just that we've had bad experiences with renting in garden apartments with incredibly loud/partying tenants, and/or heavy drug use on the premises - and we want to avoid that as best we can in the future). The nice thing about Paddock is that it's close to a great Bible teaching church we found in Pineville...We'll have to give it another look next time we visit.

Here's another question (or two):

We're average people - meaning that we aren't overly frugal, nor are we wasteful. While I know that it depends upon individual usage, does anyone have any idea about what:

1) The Water bill might be, on avg., for two people?

2) The Electric bill (on avg)?

Finally, I once read a thread about people dumping cable for broadcast television - and to cut costs, we might do the same. Does anyone on this board use an indoor antenna? Can you get broadcast signals if you live in Fort Mill or Rock Hill? Anyone have any luck with indoor antenna's - meaning, is there a particular brand to buy?

Thanks in advance, for any help you might offer!

Old 01-10-2012, 10:33 PM

205 posts, read 648,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
Thank you for your input . Like I said, my Wife & I are quiet people, so The Paddock might be worth the price of admission (it's not that we're snooty or overly picky; it's just that we've had bad experiences with renting in garden apartments with incredibly loud/partying tenants, and/or heavy drug use on the premises - and we want to avoid that as best we can in the future). The nice thing about Paddock is that it's close to a great Bible teaching church we found in Pineville...We'll have to give it another look next time we visit.

Here's another question (or two):

We're average people - meaning that we aren't overly frugal, nor are we wasteful. While I know that it depends upon individual usage, does anyone have any idea about what:

1) The Water bill might be, on avg., for two people?

2) The Electric bill (on avg)?

Finally, I once read a thread about people dumping cable for broadcast television - and to cut costs, we might do the same. Does anyone on this board use an indoor antenna? Can you get broadcast signals if you live in Fort Mill or Rock Hill? Anyone have any luck with indoor antenna's - meaning, is there a particular brand to buy?

Thanks in advance, for any help you might offer!
I have never lived in an Apartment but I have known a number of people who have and as I understand it, water if often included in the rent. So you may want to contact the Paddock and find out. If it is not included, I am sure they could give you an idea. I can't imangine more than $30/month

Power bill will be driven by your own habits and primarily your heating/cooling needs. In other words, impossible for someone else to predict accurately. Again, the management may be able to give you an average. I would think maybe $120/mo for the average apartment user? Maybe less?

As far as the TV, you should be able to pick up a good handful of local channels with a set top antenna being that close to Charlotte. I think there is a basic cable package for under $15/mo you can get the basic 20 or so channels. It "appears" that the Paddock provides high speed internet to it's tenants. If that is the case, you could use that to watch movies.

Good Luck! The Paddock looks like a great place. I pass by it often.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:23 AM

Thank you for your input NC2SC .

Old 01-12-2012, 04:15 PM

3 posts, read 4,913 times
I'm looking for an apartment right now in the fort mill area, need a march 1 move in.
I'll be commuting into uptown charlotte for school.
I'm having a hard time finding complexes listed online and Craigslist really only has houses out of my range ($500-650).
Would y'all please make some recommendations?
Oh, and I'm moving cross country from Colorado so all I have is online viewing/emails/phone calls.

Thanks a million!!

Old 01-13-2012, 07:42 AM

161 posts, read 530,409 times
In answer to your question about TV reception, over the air reception in this area is no problem--you'll get excellent reception on about 10 channels( over 20 channels when you include subchannels), including all networks. Of course, you'll need a digital tuner. I've found the Silver Sensor antenna, available on Amazon for about $20 works very well here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties