Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2010, 05:33 PM

14,513 posts, read 20,713,050 times

Advertisements

How much time should a home buyer of a foreclosure or other low value home, expect from an agent?

so many hours of time per $25,000 of sale price?

I have a current situation where the selling agent made errors and mistakes and frankly fibbed and caused delays.
These agents may meet again in the future on some deals, so agents can not make enemies. My agent is rather taking their frustration out on me.

I was given, by the rules, 10 days to:
day 1 offer accepted
then arrange inspection, have inspection, review results, call around for estimates on repairs, submit repair request to bank by day 10 or lose earnest money.
Now "we", well I might as well say "I" am waiting on the bank to say yes or no to the repair.
My agent told me if I was walking, to do it today, and not after the bank says yes.
So, I can easily see my agent wants no more time spent on this house.
We looked at another one today and it would be an investment-rental.
The agent's cordiality has changed.
They did make a commission on an expensive house that was sold 9 weeks after listing back in July.

I know time is money but buyer's do not want to be pushed into deals.

Howard (naeem was my long time user name on hotmail and that account needs to close due to spam, junk, and I found no way to edit my e-mail address so I changed my user name to me, instead of the name of an old friend in Isreal)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 10:27 AM

194 posts, read 749,307 times
Most bank owned property is sold 'as is'...lucky you have option to submit repair request. Many times inspections are for informational purposes only and findings do often result in requests that seller pay or give allowance at closing but more often than not seller will refuse and per contract terms deal with earnest money.
Your agent must have a crystal ball if they tell you not to wait until the seller says 'yes' to your request. On the 'how much time' question, regardless of price of property if you have hired and agent to represent you the answer is "as long as it takes".
Good Luck with your purchase!

Old 08-07-2010, 12:40 PM

14,513 posts, read 20,713,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekgirl4life View Post
Most bank owned property is sold 'as is'...lucky you have option to submit repair request. Many times inspections are for informational purposes only and findings do often result in requests that seller pay or give allowance at closing but more often than not seller will refuse and per contract terms deal with earnest money.
Your agent must have a crystal ball if they tell you not to wait until the seller says 'yes' to your request. On the 'how much time' question, regardless of price of property if you have hired and agent to represent you the answer is "as long as it takes".
Good Luck with your purchase!
The Fannie Mae listing did not say "as is". I've been sent 100's of under 60K listings and many say "as is" and many do not, so it sounded to me like the ones that do not say "as is", are not so.

This is a foreclosure and we asked for a replacement water heater early Thursday and the bank asked for an estimate on a replacement water heater late Thursday Thursday. Since the banks do not use the selling agent's contractors, there is a delay is getting a yes or a no. They did not say no, they asked for an estimate. Maybe they replace it, maybe they take 50% of the estimate off the sale price.

Well, I'm looking at foreclosures and all are under 50K, so I'm told that agent's are going to get tired of showing alot of these type houses. And you really can not tell from the photos what is bad or good. We have viewed a couple and the photos looked like you were buying a hotel. Once we entered the door, ugliness and repairs everywhere.

My agent is just tired of this particular house and they stated "alot of people have alot of time in this sale, if you are going to walk even when the bank replaces the water heater, then walk now" (Friday)(so they can find a buyer who gets them the commission soon).
My agent has worked with me on buying for 10 months, shown me maybe 10, gotten me permission to view 4-5 alone, and helped me sell a relatives house and it sold in 9 weeks so that was a fairly quick commission.
These low cost houses have problems and you do not know what they are until you look around inside. I am in no way trying to waste the agent's time but they seem to be tired of helping me search for a low priced house where my criteria are price, location, and condition. It's not easy to find all 3 in these lowe priced houses. I've found 4 I liked in 10 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties